RegisterDonateLogin

The Force is with Bloo Milk, but it is not a Jedi yet.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Opinions about Mas Amedda Options
Kaxel Vofer
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 6:06:55 AM
Groups: Member

I never do an Imperial Squador Republic without Mas Amedda, and I don't think is an desbalanced piece, I think that is one more piece of many that could take advantage, others are the Commanders, so the Imperial and Republics have, but other faction have another pieces like Mas Amedda, so in general all the factions have squad balanced in the game, remember that the squad is for point of cost and that is reflected in the cost of every mini, greettings.
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 6:51:30 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

He's good, and he brings a LOT of commanders out to play that wouldn't see play otherwise. The mice are a good replacement though.
Squid89
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 8:11:11 AM

When he hit the scene, probably a bit overpowering as those two factions had a big advantage. Mouse droids level the field quite a bit now. Also, the non-Mas factions seemed to get more powerful board-wide CEs for a couple sets (especially before the Mice). Malak, DLOTS; GG, DAC; General Wedge; General Rieeken; both Mandalores to name a few.
billiv15
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 8:44:44 AM

Squid89 wrote:
When he hit the scene, probably a bit overpowering as those two factions had a big advantage.

I wouldn't even go that far. In 2007 at Gencon, one year after his release, Mas was not in any of the Gencon top 8 squads. In 2008, 0 squads. In 2009, pretty sure it was also 0 squads.

So he had one year that he made the top 8 in an Imperial squad, and that's it. It was 3 months after his release in B&B the first tournaments it saw play at 150. It was never as big of an advantage as people made it out to be. And further, other factions have never needed it as much as the commanders in the Republic and Imperials. Mice are nice, but they aren't needed in many factions, and for many CEs.

I've seen Mas be a detriment in competitive play as much as a benefit actually. Particularly in championship play, where every point counts, spending 8 on Mas is often too many points believe it or not. When other factions like Rebels for example could get along just fine without him, same with Seps and NR, he actually made your Imp and Rep 150pt builds have to spend 8 more points than the others. There really have only ever been two really good top level competitive builds with Mas, and one was B&B, the other is Panaka swapping. Mas is absolutely essential for swapping, but has hardly made many other commanders top tier, and even these two are very specific and hard to run squad concepts.
TK-4334
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 8:53:45 AM

I don´t like Mas. When i´m building Squads, i feel like wasting 8 Points.
At the moment there ist an activation boom. It´s like Bill said other Factions especialy Rebels in my opinion are fine without wasting 8 points.
U can get all u need for 9+14 =23 Points.

Whatever Mas is a absolutly playable character and Republic and Imperial has a specific need for him, because of swapping and he works great in those squads.
DarthJak
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 11:07:42 AM

Blink How is 8 pts. to much for Mas???Confused
Are peace brigade thugs, and gran raiders a better use of 8 pts.?
Darth O
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 11:48:32 AM

Saw him + SC Palpatine ans a senate guard for NZ$11 ( US$8) but I already have that Palpatine and the senate guard sucks.
dalsiandon
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 1:20:40 PM

DarthKurt wrote:
Mas is a great piece. My favorite faction is Imperial so I use him in quite a few builds.
But now that the mice droids have arrived with a 20 defense, I use him less. I can use mice for 3 pts. (or 2 with Ghanackt).

I don't think he's broken.

Nice subsitute for sure
Volvagia14
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 2:17:51 PM

I got him for $5 and two star corps troopers. Since I play Republic a lot(almost religiously :), he is a piece I use a lot, I think he more than makes up for his cost by making CE that are range 6 pretty much board wide, he makes placing a lot easier.