RegisterDonateLogin

More protein than a Gimer Stick.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

T1 Questions: Heavy Lift and Melee Reach 2 Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 1:04:21 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

For T1's Heavy Lift, can he move and heavy lift on the same turn? It says he can't attack when moving, but does that also apply to actions that replace attacks?

Does Melee Reach 2 apply to attacks of opportunity, or does an enemy have to be 1 square away to trigger an attack of opportunity?

Is T1's melee attack from 2 squares away considered to be an attack from an adjacent square for the purposes of the target's defensive abilities?
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 1:26:30 PM
Groups: Member

For T1's Heavy Lift, can he move and heavy lift on the same turn? It says he can't attack when moving, but does that also apply to actions that replace attacks?

Heavy Weapon does not apply to replaces attacks abilities, only to attacks themselves. So, yes, a T1 can move and use Heavy Lift.

Does Melee Reach 2 apply to attacks of opportunity, or does an enemy have to be 1 square away to trigger an attack of opportunity?

I think MR 2 does apply to attacks of opportunity.

Is T1's melee attack from 2 squares away considered to be an attack from an adjacent square for the purposes of the target's defensive abilities?

Yes. I believe the definition of the ability states, "Characters up to 2 squares away are considered adjacent . . ."
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 2:07:13 PM

Mitth'raw'nuruodo wrote:

Yes. I believe the definition of the ability states, "Characters up to 2 squares away are considered adjacent . . ."

Right - the target is adjacent to the T1 so the T1 can attack them. I don't know if if goes the other way. Is it also correct to say that the T1 is adjacent to the target? If not, then the enemy could both parry (since it's melee) and evade (since it's non-adjacent).
Mickey
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:01:10 PM

Melee reach does NOT apply to AOO

Quote:
Glossary Text:

When making an attack on its own turn, this character treats all characters within 2 squares as adjacent for all purposes.

An AOO is not on your own turn thus the reach does not go into affect.
Lachesis
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 8:12:42 PM

could i heavy lift someone thats 2 squares away, with mr2
EmporerDragon
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 8:53:15 PM

No. In order for Melee Reach to be in effect, a character must be attacking on their own turn; Heavy Lift is not an attack and thus does not trigger Melee Reach.
maverick
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 1:27:29 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:

Right - the target is adjacent to the T1 so the T1 can attack them. I don't know if if goes the other way. Is it also correct to say that the T1 is adjacent to the target? If not, then the enemy could both parry (since it's melee) and evade (since it's non-adjacent).

the T1 and the enemy he is attacking are adjacent for all purposes while the T1 is attacking. Thus, the enemy can parry or lightsaber block its attacks, not evade or deflect. Also, if the enemy has self-destruct and he is defeated the T1 would take damage from the self destruct.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 3:01:21 AM

maverick wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

the T1 and the enemy he is attacking are adjacent for all purposes while the T1 is attacking. Thus, the enemy can parry or lightsaber block its attacks, not evade or deflect. Also, if the enemy has self-destruct and he is defeated the T1 would take damage from the self destruct.

The self-destruct is interesting - I hadn't thought of that. I would have expected the opposite.
maverick
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 3:05:54 AM

one of the coolest things I've ever had happen was my Lumiya, Dark Lady attacked Grandmaster Luke with MR3 and he killed her with Djem So, she self destructed and because she was attacking on her turn, all characters within 3 squares were considered adjacent for her self-destruct 40. Very large bang. It is an interesting combination of abilities.
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 6:45:46 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

FlyingArrow wrote:
maverick wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

The self-destruct is interesting - I hadn't thought of that. I would have expected the opposite.

"When defeated" effects are still considered to be part of the attack resolution steps. These steps are covered in the Resolving Effects section of the FAQ.