RegisterDonateLogin

That's game.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

whats happening after masters of the force?????? Options
darth smith
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 2:34:23 PM
Groups: Member

does the game continue on??

i hope so because i have a big list of unique wants that still need to be made and im not that good at customs,
but, when the day comes and its all over i will make those customs of minis that are needed to fill in the gaps. i will go mad hunting stormies, droids and troopers and huge seps, i have 2 little boys so my collection is forever

what will you do when you know its all over
thodafett
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 2:53:52 PM

I will make customs as well for the charcaters that don't get made. As far as your question after mastres of the Force, no one honestly knows. But if they were done with the game, why hire on Peter Lee? It may be a long between sets, but I think we will see more sets after Masters of the Force.
Sithborg
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 2:58:28 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Likely another CW set in Oct. So we have a long wait between MotF and the next set.
Zalkrie
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 10:34:27 PM

I hope the game continues....I have been having more fun with it lately and would hate to lose our play group. We have a great group that gets along really well together. I think they will do another clone wars set as well. They have to promote the show!!
Mickey
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2009 12:46:01 AM

Hopefully when the live action show comes out this year they will have more of a reason to continue to make sets for promotion.
Quarlitox
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2009 1:21:16 AM

I think SW is a never ending story, so the minis will go on, not just 4 the game but 4 the SW fans. A lot of fans = a lot of money.
Kaxel Vofer
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2009 6:14:08 AM

I think a good example is the action figures of 3 3/4 of Hasbro, the line has more than 10 years and still has a lot of surprises, and with the exit of the market of D&D, I don't think that WOTC, have plans to left minis, and get to wizkids all the market, I think WOTC will keep in the fight for this part of the cake, greettings.
baneofthesith
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2009 11:47:48 AM

is there a reason everybody thinks the game is getting axed after masters? did i miss a post or somthing?
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2009 12:15:53 PM

Just that the recent catalog shows a huge gap in releases. Doesn't go to Oct though.
baneofthesith
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2009 1:07:53 PM

did last years show GaW? i wouldnt worry about it.
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2009 3:34:36 PM

GAW didn't show up till early 09.
thodafett
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 3:47:46 AM

Sithborg wrote:
GAW didn't show up till early 09.

exactly, I think once a game gets as large and old as this one has, people start to get jittery and a bit nervous. Most CCG/CMG don't seem to last very long, but there are always quite a few that do, look at Magic, Pokemon, Mech Warrior etc for examples of long lived collectible games. I remember the wait between Univere and Champions was 9 or 10 months so a 6 month wait for a fall set isn't that bad. Also don't be surprised if Masters of the Force gets pushed back till the end of April/begining of May. I am not saying it will, or that I have inside information, it just wouldn't be too shocking.
Mickey
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 4:11:57 AM

Looks like Godfather Jim posted in a thread on Wizards saying there was going to be a fall set.

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75862/21850885/Wizards_Summer_2010_Catalog_Does_Not_Contain_SWM?num=10&pg=1
baneofthesith
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 8:03:43 AM

the wizards guys bring up some good points. i DO remember hearing there was supposed to be something, either a set ot battle pack or who knows, based on the old republic. and since its release isnt official they may be holding out for that. also it will be the first set post-rob so it might take longer for the new guys to get it ready, and hopefully totally awesome.
adminsidious
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 9:39:34 AM

Mickey wrote:
Hopefully when the live action show comes out this year they will have more of a reason to continue to make sets for promotion.

You don't happen to have a link for that do you? I've been hearing that it's coming for years, but never see anything saying it's actually still coming.

Yea, I think we can reasonably look forward to another Kotor Set, what with the MMORPG about to go into Beta and all.
Mickey
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 10:30:40 AM

When I searched it I got this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_live-action_TV_series

I actually thought it was coming out this year but it looks like it comes out the year the world ends Crying
adminsidious
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 12:27:56 PM

Mickey wrote:
When I searched it I got this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_live-action_TV_series

I actually thought it was coming out this year but it looks like it comes out the year the world ends Crying

No worries! It always ends up being just a little later than we think it is going to. It's been that way since he announced it in '95.

Didn't mean to put you on the spot, lol, I was just curious, if only because I seriously hope this show gets made before Jimmy Smitts gets too fat to play Bael Organa. :D
Mickey
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 12:29:50 PM

Oh no problem. I had been hearing it was going to come out the summer of 2010 but this blog here says it will be 2012. I was really hoping it was the earlier date.
swmimperial130
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 1:18:40 PM

Don't worry, IF 2012 happens, it will be on the 21st of december (guess what year, lol)
headache62
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2009 3:24:08 PM

swmimperial130 wrote:
Don't worry, IF 2012 happens, it will be on the 21st of december (guess what year, lol)

Dec 21, 2012 will happen - and it will be just like every other Friday before Christmas - lots of people shopping.