RegisterDonateLogin

Dark Lord of the Fridge.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Joruus C'baoth Options
Del Muerte
Posted: Tuesday, January 6, 2009 10:52:30 AM
Groups: Member

My first post. Final got around and read the Thrawn trilogy, and was thinking Joruus would be an cool Imperial force user. So this is what I come up with.

Joruus C'baoth
Cost 57
Hit Points 130
Defense 22
Attack 14
Damage 20

Special Abilities
Melee Attack
Double Attack
Dominate (Replaces turn: Target living character takes an immediate turn under your control, which does not count as one of your 2 activations this phase, even if it has already been activated this round; save 11. The target character cannot move this turn.)
Unique

Force powers
Force 2
Force Renewal 1
Force Stun (Force 1, usable only on this character's turn: range 6; target living enemy is considered activated this round; save 11)
Force Lightning 2 (Force 2, replaces attacks: range 6; 30 damage to target and 2 characters adjacent to that target)
Control Minds (Force 1, replaces attacks: For the rest of the skirmish, this character gains the following commander effect: Allies who combine fire grant an additional +2 Attack)

Want to get the mind controlling flavor and some lighting. I keep his melee abilities down mainly to keep his cost down, and didn't come up with any new abilities. Person I like the idea of dominate on a big guy who could also do force stun in the same round. What do you guys think?
Durge Dude
Posted: Tuesday, January 6, 2009 12:26:35 PM

I have not read that trilogy but a strong dominator would be a good idea because it doesn't take much to fry Sly or a B'mar
raitalin
Posted: Tuesday, January 6, 2009 8:11:55 PM

I like the strong Dominator idea, but was what he was doing Battle Meditation or Control Minds? In the graphic novelization it seemed more like Battle Meditation, its been a while since I read the novels.

Also, he never seemed like the best "physical" Jedi. I think his defense would be more like 20 and his attack more like 12.

Other than that (and those might not even be the right changes) I think that's pretty good.
Urza Planeswalker Jedi Master
Posted: Tuesday, January 6, 2009 11:52:36 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

You should read The Outbound Flight. Its about Jorus C'Baoth and the first meeting of the Chiss Commander Thrawn.
Del Muerte
Posted: Wednesday, January 7, 2009 9:34:14 AM

Thanks for the responses. I keep the The Outbound Flight book in mine the next time I go book shopping could be cool to see/read him when he is not insane/clone. I was think about his stats and ya them seem a little high for him maybe a 21 defense and a 13 attack just one point higher than Luke Skywalker, Champion of the Force as I think he would bet Luke in a friendly lightsaber "sparing" duel. I was thinking the control mind was had a more darkside fill to it, but ya battle Meditation is what he does.
Urza Planeswalker Jedi Master
Posted: Wednesday, January 7, 2009 11:43:21 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

There is also a book called Mist Encounter. Its first chapter is at the end of The Outbound Flight and tells how Thrawn takes out a stormtrooper battlion by himself and sneaks aboard a Star Destroyer. Ive not read it yet because I havent been able to locate it at my local book stores. All of these books are by Zahn.
critcounter
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2009 5:34:33 PM

i think his stat should include some randomizing factor - b/c he was such a random character with his control and madness. Like a roll of 1-5 uses this power, or 6-9 grants this power, 11 activates himself for the round, 19 defeats the nearest nonunique ally?

Yes, control minds/dominate! Maybe a doctrine of fear thingy, i like. how bout a rapport for stormies or a special Proxy skill that can make a clone of Luke!

Del Muerte
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2009 7:03:49 PM

Yes Luuke, clone luke, Mini would be awesome.
On the random abilities I thought about as a way to get his insane ness in but from my gaming experiences I found random ability tend to kill the figure as you can do what you want with them when you want, Murphy law. Maybe a universal disruptive that cancels Enemy and allied CE in 6 squares. Key word being allied so he doesn't disrupts his own CE's. It's his way or the highway. As is this mini is already load so i won't want to add much more to it.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Wednesday, February 4, 2009 2:07:42 PM

Great ideas, everyone
Del Muerte
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2010 5:45:45 PM

Bump, just might be using this for a reference latter.. Nothing to see move along.