RegisterDonateLogin

Look sir, Milk!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Mos Eisley Meltdown 12/11/09 at Kryptonite Kollectibles, Janesville WI Options
Chargers
Posted: Sunday, November 22, 2009 1:31:20 AM
Groups: Member

That's right. The epic battle comes to your neighborhood.

On December 11th, we will feature a mass-battle – everybody on one huge map! Bring your 175 point squad with no more than 8 figures*. The battle will take place on four maps placed together.

The maps may be seen here:
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/inc/sdetail/648338

The Map Pack is not sold in stores. After playing on it, you may place an order for a set if you wish (but it’s not required to join us and play). Or it would make a nice Christmas present for your favorite SWM player.

Details of the Map Pack are:
This exclusive map pack contains 4 desert city maps that combine infinitely into a large scale battle maps, for battles of epic proportions! It also includes two Jungle ruins maps that combine as well for large scale battles. The map pack also includes two more fantastic locations for use with any sci-fi scenario! That's 8 maps for 35 dollars!

* Although figures with Reinforcements or Reserves may be part of your squad, those abilities will not be used. Your team may never be more than 8 figures.
IG-108
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 8:09:17 AM

What's the address of the place this event will be held at and at what time?
Jonnyb815
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 11:05:31 AM

Its a Friday. We get together around 5 30 but dont start till 6 pm

Kryptonite Kollectibles
1441 Plainfield Ave.
Janesville, WI 53545
(608) 758-2100
IG-108
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 11:12:54 AM

Well, if I can make it, I'll try to be there.
IG-108
Posted: Tuesday, December 8, 2009 11:53:37 AM

Yes, I know double posting is bad, but I have to post anyway.

Just giving a heads up that because of the weather, I and others may not be able to make it for the tournament. Right now it's iffy if I go or not. I want to, but it is really dependent on the weather.
Chargers
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2009 4:34:45 PM

Ah, don't worry about it. As you found out, we allow double-posters to come play.

Glad you guys could make it and hope you enjoyed it.

Here's a link to the write-up with the scenario rules with pictures and comments.
http://www.swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8074&p=88680&sid=b9a60ba77f2d840fc0e35e67c8cabff1#p88680
IG-108
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2009 4:51:42 AM

It was a blast, and me and my friend made out like bandits on trades for things we wanted (yes, they were all fair trades. We made sure. I personally hate ripping people off in a trade even if they don't care).

The only disappointment I had was that I didn't get to get my characters out and fighting nearly as much as I wanted to. Durge was forced to hide and regenerate or die, the B3 missed at least half of it's triple twin attacks, and I didn't get to do anything with Darth Maul, CotS because I couldn't get close enough with him without having him die or lose Loathsome's commander effect.

But other than that, it was amazing and really fun. I love the pictures you guys took. I found it funny that when you see me, my friend, and the guy in between us (Alec I think), we're always looking at the board with serious "thinking" poses, always pondering our next move (and annoucning it way too loudly to the other team BigGrin ).

But in the end, my team did pull out a victory. Having Alec's Durge triple Luke's snowspeeder and get a critical (triple damage thanks to Ventress) on it was probably was pulled us ahead right in the beginning.
I wish I could come down there more and hang with you guys to play miniatures, but it's still a long drive. I'll probably come down again if you guys hold another announced event.