RegisterDonateLogin

Never tells you the odds.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

If Commander Effects only Effected Living? Options
Jonnyb815
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 2:24:44 PM
Groups: Member

If commander effects only effected living characters would that hurt the game.Change Commander Effects that are normally to non-droid/savage to only living and non-savage.The only one that I can think of would be Luke's Snowspeeder that sees play. I understand the ISP,Turret and some others.I think it would Fix a loop hole that is in the game right now. I dont think Turrents or other non-living characters should be able to be used with Commander Effects. What I am saying is rewrite the Commander Effect part in the rules.

To say

Certain characters can affect the skirmish, especially their allies, with commander effects. Some commander effects have a range. Line of sight is not required for a commander effect to function unless otherwise noted. However, you must count around walls, doors, and similar impassable terrain when measuring range. Commander effects normally do not affect Non-Living or Savage characters.

Duplicate commander effects never stack. A single character can benefit from any number of different commander effects simultaneously, but if more than one grants a bonus to the same roll or statistic, only the highest bonus applies. When a commander effect grants a special ability, the ability is treated as though it were printed on the card. Bonuses conferred by that ability do not stack with any other instances of the same ability, but they would stack with any bonuses to the same statistic granted by other commander effects.

A commander effect ends immediately when the character with the effect is defeated.

Sithborg
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 2:41:53 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

If its not broke, don't fix it. There is nothing wrong with how it is right now. As it is, most figures with Mounted Weapon NEED the help the most.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 3:27:40 PM

Well Most of them even with the help wont see play because of maps and not being able to move around.
Weaver
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 7:12:15 PM

I'm not entirely sure what the point of such a rules change would be.
kingsknight
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 2:27:43 AM

Is this a snowspeeder "hate" topic?
Mickey
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 3:08:02 AM

I thought mounted weapons were living. Did I miss an errata?
Squid89
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 4:02:44 AM

Mickey wrote:
I thought mounted weapons were living. Did I miss an errata?

It goes back at least as far as Champions of the Force in the checklist/rules insert. I don't have my older ones handy to see if it was defined in an earlier set.

Quote:
Living Characters
A living character is a non-Droid and does not have the Mounted Weapon special ability. Certain special abilites in previously published sets should affect only living characters: Dominate, Emergency Life Support, Force Heal, Heal, Homicidal Surgery, Paralysis, and Poison. A Cyborg character counts as living.
Mickey
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2009 12:43:51 AM

Wow I did not know that. I don't play with alot of mounted weapon figs and rarely face them even though the snowspeeder is popular. Good to know that, thanks.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2009 1:57:12 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Sithborg wrote:
If its not broke, don't fix it. There is nothing wrong with how it is right now. As it is, most figures with Mounted Weapon NEED the help the most.

I agree with this.