RegisterDonateLogin

Isn't too proud of this technological terror it has constructed.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

lightsaber styles Options
JFisto
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 4:40:04 AM
Groups: Member

I know we have lots of lightsaber styles in this game niman, shii-cho, ataru, ataru mastery, soresu, soresu mastery, djem so, djem so mastery, makashi mastery, and vapaad.
But there are also styles that haven't come out yet. I think regular makashi should be like parry. but i don't really know bout others. what is shii-cho mastery gonna be? Niman i think is gonna be just +4 and +4 instead of +2 and +2.what do u guys/girls think? please give a name and what it does or just comment. Thanks.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 4:57:52 AM

This would be better in general, not rules, as it is not a rules question.
JFisto
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 9:36:22 AM

I understand your thinking, but it would be an ability in other words a rule to the game. but is it that important how I placed or misplaced I just want to know what people think
Jediabiwan
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 12:12:09 PM

I agree with all your ideas. Shii-cho mastery should be +10 damage as well, and Vaapad should be +10 dmg and unavoidable on a crit.
JFisto
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 12:27:12 PM

maybe a mace windu will have vapaad mastery in MotF
Jediabiwan
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 12:39:33 PM

JFisto wrote:
maybe a mace windu will have vapaad mastery in MotF

I sure hope so.
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 2:21:07 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Personally, I would hope Makashi ignores other styles, rather than be just Parry. Niman Mastery is pretty likely to be +4 to stats. Shii-cho Mastery is tough. Either it adds another ability, such as Twin, Evade, Parry, or Extra Attack or it lowers the requirement down to 2, maybe even 1. If we get a Vaapad Mastery (not sure the lore is there for it, but whatever), I would hope it is like a free Overwhelming Force, not just on crits, or is something that triggers on a crit, like Flurry or Rolling Cleave.
Personally, I think it would be neat if they made a Jar'kai Style ability.
Lachesis
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 3:52:54 PM

COME ON STYLE 7 COME ON STYLE 7 COME ON STYLE 7

also they need to make a darth maul, with Juyo, Niman, Jar'kai, as well as, Teräs Käsi.

and i do mean all 4 styles. also maul never learned vaapad, why is it on one of his cards, i believe that being accurate with the cards is more important then them saving inc in there rule books that dont come out.
Draconarius
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 4:14:47 PM

I think +10 damage on Shii-Cho Mastery is more likely than not. Makashi Style, I believe, is going to work very much like MSM, only it won't negate Style Masteries. As Sithborg said, Niman Mastery will almost certainly be a +4/+4 bonus.

Personally, I would like to see Shien Style next. For those that are unfamiliar with it, it's the base form for Djem So and focuses on bouncing blaster bolts back where they came from (not the same as Soresu, which focuses on just bouncing the blaster bolts away from you). Some sort of free Lightsaber Reflect with 10 damage for normal style and full damage for the style mastery.
darkjacen
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2009 2:39:13 AM

Draconarius wrote:

Personally, I would like to see Shien Style next. For those that are unfamiliar with it, it's the base form for Djem So and focuses on bouncing blaster bolts back where they came from (not the same as Soresu, which focuses on just bouncing the blaster bolts away from you). Some sort of free Lightsaber Reflect with 10 damage for normal style and full damage for the style mastery.

I like this idea. I had a discussion with a friend of mine before regarding how Shien would work in SWM. Free reflect makes perfect sense for a style meant to be an agressive counter for blasters.ThumbsUp I'm just not sure that it should work exactly like reflect/deflect, maybe akin to the current Soresu style where it would work only against non-adjacent characters. Great idea with the Mastery. Full damage is just sweet...

Oh and are we talking about the 7 basic styles or even the application of Juyo, Jar'Kai etc?

I've always thought that Jar'kai would grant twin attack, while Juyo would just be a crit on a 19-20 (deadly attacK) afterall it's more of an unrefined version of Vaapad.
saber1
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2009 2:51:41 AM

This is the Juyo I came up with a while back. I think it captures the absolute offensive nature of the style and its subsequent vulnerability.

Juyo Style (Scores a critical hit, and makes 1 immediate extra attack at +10 Damage, on an attack roll of natural 19 or 20. Force powers deal +10 Damage against this character.)