RegisterDonateLogin

Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Bloo Milk...is essential to a Jedi's life.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Gen. Skywalker w/ Mas Amedda Options
EvilYeti
Posted: Tuesday, December 8, 2009 6:46:45 AM
Groups: Member

Confused Does Anakin's CE get amplified by Mas, so that "if an allied character ends their movement they gain momentum"?
harmonm4
Posted: Tuesday, December 8, 2009 7:00:30 AM

Quote:
Followers who end their move within 6 squares of this character gain Momentum.

Quote:
Booming Voice
Allies' commander effects normally limited to 6 squares have unlimited range

Glossary Text:

If this character is in your squad, any allies with commander effects normally limited to 6 squares have the range limit removed.

It seems like the range limit should be removed. However, based off of things I've read from other posters, I also thought General Skywalker's commander effect was not enhanced by Mas.

The only explanation would be the issue with "end their move." That is the only difference this commander effect has from other range limiting commander effects. However, I personally think Mas's Booming Voice should affect it, because it seems to meet all of the requirements.

We can remove the range limit via Mas which would make it read, "Followers who end their move gain Momentum." From everything I can tell, it should be legal. We'll just have to see if anyone else knows for sure.

EvilYeti
Posted: Tuesday, December 8, 2009 7:13:01 AM

That's what I thought.
Sithfan
Posted: Tuesday, December 8, 2009 7:15:37 AM

Yup, followers would then gain Momentum when they end their movement. So, it won't work until they end the movement within unlimited squares from General Skywalker.

For example, Clone Trooper on Speeder would not get Momentum bonuses on any Strafe attacks (because you can't end your movement in the same square as an enemy character), but would get it if he ended his movement adjacent to an enemy (within 12 squares) and attacked it normally.
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, December 8, 2009 7:38:58 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

harmonm4 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Booming Voice

Glossary Text:

If this character is in your squad, any allies with commander effects normally limited to 6 squares have the range limit removed.

It seems like the range limit should be removed. However, based off of things I've read from other posters, I also thought General Skywalker's commander effect was not enhanced by Mas.

The only explanation would be the issue with "end their move." That is the only difference this commander effect has from other range limiting commander effects. However, I personally think Mas's Booming Voice should affect it, because it seems to meet all of the requirements.

We can remove the range limit via Mas which would make it read, "Followers who end their move gain Momentum." From everything I can tell, it should be legal. We'll just have to see if anyone else knows for sure.

That is incorrect. While Booming Voice does work with General Skywalker's CE, you have misinterpreted how they work together. The range limit is not removed, just extended to unlimited, a very key concept. Think of it as "characters who end their move within 200 squares". Very different than a CE that has no range limit stated in its text. So you must still trace a path from General Skywalker to the benificiary.

General Skywalker's CE has a range a character must be from HIM to take effect, so it is eligible for Booming Voice. This is the part that people confuse with GOWK's CE.
SithflyonBasilisks
Posted: Wednesday, December 9, 2009 3:54:51 AM

Sithborg wrote:
harmonm4 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Booming Voice

Glossary Text:

That is incorrect. While Booming Voice does work with General Skywalker's CE, you have misinterpreted how they work together. The range limit is not removed, just extended to unlimited, a very key concept. Think of it as "characters who end their move within 200 squares". Very different than a CE that has no range limit stated in its text. So you must still trace a path from General Skywalker to the benificiary.

General Skywalker's CE has a range a character must be from HIM to take effect, so it is eligible for Booming Voice. This is the part that people confuse with GOWK's CE.

Thanks wrong too. If that was the case, do you really think that you would see so many people us yobuck squads with Gen. Skywalker? Yobuck is not with in 6 of him, and at the end of his turn, he gaines momentum. I though the same them for a while, but Mas will make it booming for everyone. It almost doesn't make since to have skywalker out there as a sitting duck to get that CE off..
TK-4334
Posted: Wednesday, December 9, 2009 4:48:32 AM

Booming Voice does work on General Anakins CE!
With Mas u can end your move to an range x (if there are no doors, full map)
and use Momentum.
Sithborg
Posted: Wednesday, December 9, 2009 6:02:00 AM

Pretty certain I did say that Booming Voice works with General Skywalker's CE. However, the end result that Harmonm explanation was wrong in the end result. Booming Voice does NOT remove the range, it extends it to unlimited. While most might not get the difference, the difference does have major gameplay effects.
EvilYeti
Posted: Wednesday, December 9, 2009 7:35:31 AM

I think it would effect Kybuck. Because in the first round Kybuck moves, ends his movement and gains momentum. In the second round he gallop attacks with momentum. Then he's done galloping and he stops and gains momentum again.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, December 9, 2009 7:51:09 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The Momentum gained by ending your movement is lost at the end of each round. You must then move again and end movement to gain it again. (it does not last thru the next round)
You cannot Gallop with Momentum in this case.
harmonm4
Posted: Wednesday, December 9, 2009 9:09:38 AM

Sithborg wrote:
harmonm4 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Booming Voice

Glossary Text:

I did understand the unlimited range rather than no range that Mas creates, I simply did not pay attention to the way I posted it. Thank you for clarifying.
Mickey
Posted: Wednesday, December 9, 2009 10:59:34 PM

Ok I got confused through this thread to the end. Are we saying the momentum works with gallop on the attacks or they don't? Something I've also wondered, do the attacks happen at each target you pass or do the attacks start once you end your move for the gallop? I assume the same is for a strafe. Confused
Draconarius
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 12:28:23 AM

Momentum does not work with most attacks generated by Gallop, since Yobuck is still moving and thus hasn't met the requirements for Anakin's CE. The reason Yobuck + Anakin is a good combo is that, after Gallopping through most of the squad, Yobuck can do 20 damage to everyone he passes, walk up to his final target, end his movement, and then dish out two 30 damage attacks at +22/+18.

DISCLAIMER: I am assuming the final Gallop that is made after you stop your movement gets the benefit of Momentum, since that is how I have seen it explained by several reputable players. Correct me if I'm wrong, Sithborg.

As for your second question, the attacks happen as you pass each target. Same goes for Strafe (though, with Strafe, it happens as you pass through each target).
EvilYeti
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 12:37:07 AM

Okay. It (Kybuck/Ani/Mas) is still a pretty good combo.
Look at my squad "Yoda is Unstoppable".
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 12:59:22 AM

Yes, General Skyalker/Durge's CE would apply to the final Galloping Attack, as you are ending your movement before the Gallopping Attack is generated. Both CE's would not work with Strafe Attack.
Mickey
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 5:25:39 AM

Thanks for clearing that up for me guys ThumbsUp
Billy Dooku
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 5:54:53 AM

Another question about General Skywalker's CE: would it work with GMA?
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 6:05:10 AM

Billy Dooku wrote:

Yes it does.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 6:06:44 AM

Billy Dooku wrote:

if you move the full 6 of the GMA yes, remember, momentum goes into effect after you have finished yer movement. (your turn)
so in other words, you cant move 2, get momentum, then move 4 away (though you could still follow this sequence, but not get momentum still.)
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 6:27:11 AM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
Billy Dooku wrote:

if you move the full 6 of the GMA yes, remember, momentum goes into effect after you have finished yer movement. (your turn)
so in other words, you cant move 2, get momentum, then move 4 away (though you could still follow this sequence, but not get momentum still.)

Thank you for clarifying that very important part. BlooMilk

Move up to 6, gain momentum, make all your GMA attacks, then no movement afterward. (unless it is end-of-turn movement via another CE - from Rex 501st for example)