RegisterDonateLogin

This party's over.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Kun vs Lancer Options
LeftiesWillRule
Posted: Wednesday, December 9, 2009 9:56:18 AM
Groups: Member

An epic match. I tryed out a Sith swapper at 200 on Ravaged Base against a Lancer squad. It was very difficult, but very fun as well. I thought of the merits of swapping and transferring Exar Kun in the same round, but I wasn't sure it would be competitive. I did know that Sidious's ability to swap and pawn Kun's transfer fodder would make it very difficult to stay out of the ancient Sith lord's way.

Exar Kun 84
Darth Sidious, Sith Master 57
Lobot 27
Amanin Scout 13
Kel Dor Bounty Hunter 13
Mouse Droid x2 6

Reinforcements:
Kel Dor Bounty Hunter 13
Gran Raider 4
Ugnaught 3

General Grievous, DAC 57
Darth Sidious 36
Lancer Droid >30<
IG-86 Assassin Droid >16<
Gha Nachkt 12
Battle Droid Officer >8<
Battle Droid x9 >27<
Mouse Droid x2 >4<
Ugnaught 3
R7 Astomech >7<

Exar's squad set up outside the base, and GGDAC set up inside the base. The IG-86 and some of the BDs tried to enter the Command Center through the north side, while the Lancer ran into the lifts to set up for a strafe and net gambit. Exar's squad moved quickly into the Command Center and got gambit as well, with a KDBH blocking the south entrance into the Command Center. As the next round began, the Seps won initiative. The Lancer was threatened by the Amanin scout, who could move next to it and have Exar transfer in and kill it, so it backed out. The north Command Center door was overridden shut by Lobot, cutting off most of the invasion force, leaving one lone BD who got 10 Dam on a KDBH before he popped the BD. At the beginning of the third round, Exar's squad opened 3 attack opportunities to draw the opponent's activations and attention away long enough for Sidious SM to move and open a door, pawn the Amanin up to the Lancer, and have Exar kill the Lancer in the same round. The Sep's Sidious pawned the IG-86 into the cargo bay so that it could hit Exar for 60. The Sith squad won initiative in round 4, so Exar killed Gha Nachkt before transferring back to base, killing his Gran Raider. The Seps then began amassing in the North-South hallway to try to win by brute firepower. By the middle of the 6th round, the Seps had killed Sidious SM by pawning the assassin droid a second time. Then the Sith KDBH shot a BD and moved adjacent to the Sep Sidious and assassin droid (who was down to 40 HP from being pawned, and Exar transferred in. The explosion destroyed the assassin droid, and brought Sep Sid down to 90 HP, allowing Exar to kill him with triple attack. The Sep squad finished up by taking some shots at Exar with battle droids and moving two BD into the command center to kill Lobot. At this point, all that was left was Exar at 60 HP and Lobot at full against an untouched GGDAC, 7 BDs, an R7 and the BDO camping out in a far corner. The score was Seps-101, Sith-113. If the seps killed Lobot, they would win. Exar won initiative and hit all the BDs and Grievous with Sith Sorcery. 6 of the BDs failed their saves, but GGDAC and the BD closest to Lobot escaped. Exar moved 6, taking an AoO from a BD (one hit, one miss with twin) and killed the unactivated BD. He now had 50 HP left. The Seperatists only had GGDAC and the R7 left. The Sith were home-free! Flapper Then Grievous shot at Exar Kun and scored a crit, boosting his damage up to the needed 50. Scared

imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, December 9, 2009 11:46:33 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Cool report!
One question though: how did Exar do 90 damage to Sep Sid after transferring?
LeftiesWillRule
Posted: Wednesday, December 9, 2009 1:32:23 PM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
Cool report!
One question though: how did Exar do 90 damage to Sep Sid after transferring?

Blink
Oops.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Wednesday, December 9, 2009 1:55:44 PM

Sounds like a PHENOMENAL fight. That post was very enjoyable to read; a rarity in here with all the sprawling accounts of various matches. Thanks for getting that up there.

Also, I never thought of using a double-swap Sith build. Mark that up on the to-do list.
Draconarius
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 12:36:31 AM

LeftiesWillRule wrote:
Then Grievous shot at Exar Kun and scored a crit, boosting his damage up to the needed 50.

Yeesh. Sounds like the game I lost when my Zam needed a 2-20 to hit and rolled--you guessed it!--a 1. Glare

Awesome report, and--as merc moose said--kudos on the squad design. I will also be adding a Sith double swap to my playlist.
IG-108
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 9:24:23 AM

Whoo hoo! Grievous pulls through at the end!
*ahem* I mean, dang. It's those last unpredictable rolls that can change a certain victory to utter defeat. I definantly know how that feels.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2009 7:17:33 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I just created and posted a swap/transfer squad...and though I read this post I didn't remember the squad. Turns out...it's almost exactly the same as the one you played! Guess you can only do it so many good ways.... ;)