RegisterDonateLogin

Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Bloo Milk...is essential to a Jedi's life.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

An idea for a scoring system Options
Quarlitox
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2009 1:23:36 AM
Groups: Member

This is it:

If u make damage (enemies only), any amount, via: Attack, FP or SA u score 1 point.

If u roll a Crit attack u gain an extra point.

If u roll a 1 in an attack roll u lose 1 point.

If u defeat a non unique enemy, u get 1 extra point.

If u defeat a unique enemy u get 2 extra points.

Is just an idea I need to test it, hope to do it next week.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2009 5:57:31 AM

Could be fun.
But if this system was to make it into actual DCI, (could be an interesting house rule though, especially if yer playing 100 point games that are timed at a half an hour) i think people would stop playing altogether, just for the simple fact that it would be too easy to score points, thus reinventing slow play (I.E, people not even wanting to get shot, so they hide, GMA out, shoot and then hide again.)
to me, when you kill an Ugg, you should get 3 points, not 5.
but like i said, could be fun, and can be very frustrating at the same time.
Sithfan
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2009 6:17:58 AM

I don't like posting negative comments, but I just don't like it, and don't think I'd ever want to play that type of scenario.

Yobuck could earn 100 points alone against a swarm squad....

Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2009 7:00:10 AM

Sithfan wrote:
I don't like posting negative comments, but I just don't like it, and don't think I'd ever want to play that type of scenario.

Yobuck could earn 100 points alone against a swarm squad....

Thus Killing the game where it stands. but, still a fun idea if you wanna do swarms vs. swarms.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2009 11:53:52 AM

Way too easy to pile up points. There needs to be some balance here.
StevenO
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2009 3:35:01 PM

So what is the context for using that point system? Is it meant to replace gambit or the scoring system in general where points are awarded based on defeated characters?

An issue I see with that system is that it all rewards the same thing EXCEPT for the one penalty when doing that activity. If you want to award points for a successful attack then just do that; there is no need to heap on the benefits for a critical that also defeats the opponent.
Mickey
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 2:57:04 AM

I like the scoring system we have. However, I wouldn't mind seeing it bumped up to 10 pts a round. I think more would try to take the gambit location than do now.

I also would like to see reinforcements count as kills. Instead of for instance Lobot counting as 27 pts for a kill count him as 7 and allow all his reinforcements brought in to count as normal army pieces. That way you don't have to track what pieces were reinforcements and which were not. I think it also prices those pieces with the ability to a reasonable score. I was told this was too complicated when I mentioned it before, but I don't see how it is more complicated than trying to track the pieces brought in with the skill. To me it is simpler to look at the card and subtract the reinforcement amount from the cost when the piece is killed. Plus those pieces brought in could be used for gambit without anyone complaining since they can be killed for points.
Quarlitox
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 7:50:27 AM

First thank u all for reading and posting.

I'm not thinking about changing the system u use right now, I want to give something to the game, specially casual games, let me tell u, last week I played a 3 way last man standing squirmish which became a 2 on 1, good for them bad for me. So... maybe if we use a score system in that kind of game that 2 on 1 s h i t will be over.

I know this "system" of mine is far from perfection or even it won't work at all, I don't know! :) but it is funny to share something about minis doesn't it? :)

Ok, I hope to try it this week, we'll play using this one and the offcial one, just to see what happens ;D
blainesmom
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 8:02:32 AM

it would also make commanders like asajj and the new cody powerful because of the higher chance of criting