RegisterDonateLogin

Smells marginally better than the inside of a tauntaun.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : What do you think/hope the fall 2010 set will be?
Choice Votes Statistics
Clone Wars Season 2 10 20.833333 %
The Force Unleashed 2 25 52.083333 %
Both 6 12.500000 %
Ewok Movie Duology 2 4.166666 %
Other 5 10.416666 %

Fall 2010 Set? Options
Sithborg
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 2:27:36 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

So, seeing the recent announcement of the Force Unleashed 2, and with its late 2010 release date, I was wondering if we would get another set based on it. Given the date, it seems possible (baring delay) that it could release in the fall, same time as our regularly scheduled CW set. This is just a fun thread with no inside knowledge at all.

Personally, I think we will get our CW set, just based on that the CW is a bit of a bigger draw in currently than TFU. Still, I NEED dual saber VSA.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 2:36:35 PM
Groups: Member

yea, another CW set is innevitable, and we will be seeing them every year, i think just based on the popularity of the show.
Now TFU 2......MmMmmmmmMMDrool
VSA wit MoTF 2, dual LS's, Lightning Bomb and a crazy new force leap whets my whistle!
But we cant completely discount SW B Front 3 yet, that game will be released, and when it comes out, i think it will smash TFU.
as for the Ewok thing......lol, if they do this, i hope that all the ewoks have stealth, because they will fit perfectly with my Nom!
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 2:37:16 PM

Oh yea, i went with Both.
gwek
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 4:59:19 PM

Another option would be SWtOR, since the MMORPG is rumored to be scheduled for October 2010.
saeseetiin
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 5:22:37 PM

Ewok Movie Duology ? Confused
IG-108
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 5:28:13 PM

My guess is that we'll get another CW set in the fall (like it's been), and then the new FU might be after that, since it would be Imperial and Rebel heavy, if the packs still stay with their main themes and order.
Wysten
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 10:44:12 PM

I would rather get a Knights of the Old Republic that actually offered the good stuff to the old republic. XD

But yeah, I don't really care for another force unleashed to begin with, most of the content has already been covered except for Darth Stalker and while I am a huge fan of the Republic and Seps, the Republic have recieved 3 sets streight of support (Jedi Acadamy to Dark Times, since almost all the Rebel pieces are also republic pieces, though it's not a complant as it makes logical sense) so a 4th set would be sort of a bird to every other faction out there.

So yeah, I want a good EU set, not a "Rebel/republic/Empire support disgised as a EU set". Thats what I think Masters of the Force will be, basically covering force users from the 6 triogy and force unleashed, and a couple of afterthrought scrapings for everything else. lol
Dead horse
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2009 12:41:49 AM

I wonder if TFU2 is going to be the same kind of multimedia blitz as the first one. I have a feeling it won't be, though this is based on absolutely nothing but my own instincts. If there aren't novels and comics and toys in addition to the video game, we can probably expect a few figs & not an entire set. If it's on the same scale as the original then they're going to want focus in every area, including minis.
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2009 12:43:58 AM

Considering how they chose to announce it, yeah, I am leaning toward a "big deal". I am curious how the other TFU tie ins did.
gwek
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2009 12:57:56 AM

Wysten wrote:
I would rather get a Knights of the Old Republic that actually offered the good stuff to the old republic. XD

WotC seems to be doing pretty good by the Old Rep in the past few sets, especially with non-Uniques (Jed Weapon Master, Jedi Watchman, Antarian Ranger...). I look forward to seeing what the Old Republic Commandos will look like.

Quote:
But yeah, I don't really care for another force unleashed to begin with, most of the content has already been covered except for Darth Stalker and while I am a huge fan of the Republic and Seps, the Republic have recieved 3 sets streight of support (Jedi Acadamy to Dark Times, since almost all the Rebel pieces are also republic pieces, though it's not a complant as it makes logical sense) so a 4th set would be sort of a bird to every other faction out there.

You skipped "Masters of the Force," the next (currently largely unknown) set after "Dark Times." Since Mace Windu is on the booster cover, I think it's a safe bet that it'll be another set that offers a bit of support to the Republic.

Since it will also contain creatures based on the dejarik pieces, a decent portion of the set will be Fringe. If most of these creatures are savage, that could be a bit of a boon to the Old Republic and the Sith (via the Exile and Exar Kun).

Quote:
So yeah, I want a good EU set, not a "Rebel/republic/Empire support disgised as a EU set". Thats what I think Masters of the Force will be, basically covering force users from the 6 triogy and force unleashed, and a couple of afterthrought scrapings for everything else. lol

I agree... but I think that EVERY set is going to focus on at least one of the "Big Three." That's the reality of marketing the game. I'd be content if the other six factions advanced at a fraction of their rate.
JFisto
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2009 2:46:11 AM

I'm hoping in the clone wars set that we get the jedi (ki adi mundi, plo koon, seasee tinn, etc.) that we don't get in MotF. I hope we get another Sith/Old Republic set in 2010
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2009 2:51:23 AM

Highly doubtful. They would have to release 2 sets between Sept and Dec for that to happen. And I don't think 4 sets a year is a good thing.
Wysten
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2009 3:25:21 AM

Quote:
WotC seems to be doing pretty good by the Old Rep in the past few sets, especially with non-Uniques (Jed Weapon Master, Jedi Watchman, Antarian Ranger...). I look forward to seeing what the Old Republic Commandos will look like.

Difference is, none of those were in KOTOR, where generally they did not get much, and the best stuff went to Fringe and New Republic (Which, was not a bad thing at all) and Rebels and Republic (Which frankly had nohting to do with the era. Gungans? Another Han Solo? I can't see how they fit in a KOTOR era at all.) which made it basically a mishmash of factions only which less then half of the peices were based on that era including mandolorians. Pretty bad for a set in my humble opinon.

Quote:
You skipped "Masters of the Force," the next (currently largely unknown) set after "Dark Times." Since Mace Windu is on the booster cover, I think it's a safe bet that it'll be another set that offers a bit of support to the Republic.

Since it will also contain creatures based on the dejarik pieces, a decent portion of the set will be Fringe. If most of these creatures are savage, that could be a bit of a boon to the Old Republic and the Sith (via the Exile and Exar Kun).

I skipped masters of the force because I did not know enough to comment on that. Again, it just depends on how much is based on the Republic era, either it will be just Mace Windu or a huge steith of stuff. I am just simply commenting about what I know about.

Interesting, I don't know a great deal about those creatures, but they will probably be fun anyways.

Quote:
I agree... but I think that EVERY set is going to focus on at least one of the "Big Three." That's the reality of marketing the game. I'd be content if the other six factions advanced at a fraction of their rate.

Most probably, I am just voicing the opinon that I am generally fed up with other factions evoling at 10% of the rate of main factions as opposed to higher. Otherwise this is just going to end up like Warhammer 40,000. Few good fractions, everything else having to play to the gimmics to the extreme to have a slim chance against a half decent player with the latest codex.
blainesmom
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 8:11:10 AM

i would like a set with some of the smaller factions other than 1 or 2 each something that focus's on the mandalorians sith and old republic, or one that focus's on new republic and vong. Even one that focus's on empire rebel would be great but i think they will bringing out one each year that focus's on republic/ separatists. I do think that a TOR set would be cool, and a set based on TFU2 as long as it does focus on rebel vs imperial
Squid89
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 10:07:22 AM

My guess would be a set CW season 2 heavy with a smattering of TFU2 pieces. I'm not sure how well a CW exclusive set would continue to sell after doing it a couple times already. There is a strong market, but I would hope to see some variety in a Fall '10 set. 4-6 TFU2 pieces wouldn't be bad. 4-6 KotOR era pieces would be a nice balance as well - of course, many want more, but I don't see that as too realistic as long as the CW cartoons are going strong. Wouldn't mind being wrong about that though.
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 1:07:35 AM

We need a set focused on the New Rep/Vong conflict era. There are not nearly enough Yuuzhan Vong characters in this game.
madslaust
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 3:39:12 AM

gwek wrote:
Another option would be SWtOR, since the MMORPG is rumored to be scheduled for October 2010.
That's my hope, but we all know it'll be another CW era set.
Darth O
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 7:41:26 PM

redone Legacy and KOTOR would be my hopes. Episode 1, maybe?