RegisterDonateLogin

Has the high ground.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

most ridiculously priced minis Options
shatterpoint7
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 7:30:53 AM
Groups: Member

why is the ahsoka from cw valued at $18? id maybe pay $6 for her. she has her uses, but just has just an okay sculpt, and average stats. any other minis you'd care to nominate?
lukey84
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 8:20:11 AM

revan, i know hes one of those fan chase pieces. but he was really up there for a while as far as cost goes. id drop him down to 50-60 point range
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 9:52:16 AM

Darth Sion.
there is no way he should be worth 30-35$.
i dont care how hard he is to pull ( Ive pulled 2 of him and used him maybe twice), and his eternal hatred can get used up real fast (not to mention, when me and my friends have used E hatred, we always roll 5s.)
StevenO
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 10:55:42 AM

MOUSE DROIDS!!! If you go by the prices listed here there is no way an UNCOMMON should cost as much or even more than many VERY RARES. Sure they may be useful even in numbers but there price as singles is stupid crazy when compared to the average Uncommon. Hate to say it but is should be redone as a common just so people who want them can get them although an official change to Gambit could make them more available.

Looking a Bloo Milk's price list there are a number of $20+ figures listed which really have little reason to be that costly.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 1:59:28 PM

I dunno Steve, its because of the demand for mousies that they are expensive.
yea, theyre uncommons, but theyre like super rare UCs.
alot of people thought the value of mousies were going to drop being that the Batlle droid sergeant wouldnt effect them, but that turned out to be a bust, because a week after GaW came out, mousies went from 7$ to 12$. thats insane.
i will agree with you that NO UC should be worth as much as a VR, but the effectiveness of mousies and their demand is what makes them so expensive.
OLDMANKENOBI
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 1:59:31 PM

StevenO wrote:
MOUSE DROIDS!!! If you go by the prices listed here there is no way an UNCOMMON should cost as much or even more than many VERY RARES. Sure they may be useful even in numbers but there price as singles is stupid crazy when compared to the average Uncommon. Hate to say it but is should be redone as a common just so people who want them can get them although an official change to Gambit could make them more available.

Looking a Bloo Milk's price list there are a number of $20+ figures listed which really have little reason to be that costly.
yea all this !
StevenO
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 3:47:38 PM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
I dunno Steve, its because of the demand for mousies that they are expensive.
yea, theyre uncommons, but theyre like super rare UCs.
alot of people thought the value of mousies were going to drop being that the Batlle droid sergeant wouldnt effect them, but that turned out to be a bust, because a week after GaW came out, mousies went from 7$ to 12$. thats insane.
i will agree with you that NO UC should be worth as much as a VR, but the effectiveness of mousies and their demand is what makes them so expensive.

If it isn't demand they why would Darth Revan or Rancor be valued anywhere close to what they are? The price on mouse droids has been crazy since shortly after their release IF you can even find them. The other horrible thing about Mouse Droids which makes them so darn expensive is they get used in multiples so often; if everyone only used one or two at a time instead of trying to run squads that would bring them in 15 at a time there would be less demand for them.

They may not be the most expensive mini as such but they certain ARE the most overpriced mini when compared other minis of their status should cost. Based on how over inflated Mouse Droid prices are you'd need to be getting VRs for $100 to be comparable.
slvader77
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 3:58:38 PM

The sad thing is, the values now make it really hard to even want to buy a booster. Your chances of even getting your money back is about 1 in 10. Your better off going to a site that sells singles and picking out the ones you really want and paying what they're worth. I'd rather pay a buck for dodonna, or panaka or whatever then hoping I pull one from a 15 dollar booster. And on top of that half the guys worth more than a booster aren't even worth playing in today's game.
My two cents
kenred2
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 4:07:18 PM

slvader77 wrote:
The sad thing is, the values now make it really hard to even want to buy a booster. Your chances of even getting your money back is about 1 in 10. Your better off going to a site that sells singles and picking out the ones you really want and paying what they're worth. I'd rather pay a buck for dodonna, or panaka or whatever then hoping I pull one from a 15 dollar booster. And on top of that half the guys worth more than a booster aren't even worth playing in today's game.
My two cents

I don't think that would be the case, IE boosters that the Flea Market sells near my area is $10... and because the Mouse Droids are up the value, it's safe to say that IE packs is still worth it's value, considering the good amount of chase VR's contained, great support and mouse droids.... it's a bang for your buck
slvader77
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 5:03:42 PM

right however that's an isolated incident. If you can find deals like that then yes taking the chance is worth it but I was just saying going to your lgs and dropping 15 bucks on a pack just doesn't seem worth it to me anymore. buying packs on a web site is fine too, as they tend to sell cheaper than retail. Preordering a case of dark times cost me 117 with shipping at coolstuff whereas I bought my case of gaw at my lgs for 158 after tax. My point was buying singles is the way to go nowadays. YOu get what you want and a heck of alot cheaper
blainesmom
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 5:15:54 PM

it depends realy on how much of the set you have. OSme of the older sets and huge sets i dont have enven half of the rares so it is still worth it for me to get a booster, even if i get a duplicate i still have a good chance of getting something i need. Now with a set like Champions of the force i only need a few figures and they are all ultra rare so its not worth it to buy a booster.
Chargers
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 3:21:01 AM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
Darth Sion.
there is no way he should be worth 30-35$.
i dont care how hard he is to pull ( Ive pulled 2 of him and used him maybe twice), and his eternal hatred can get used up real fast (not to mention, when me and my friends have used E hatred, we always roll 5s.)

an interesting game situation about him will be part of StarWarsMiniverse podcast #10
DarthJak
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 3:51:37 AM

C-UC-R-VR?
it doesn't matter
the value is in what the piece can do for your squad
is crappio worth more than a mouse just because he's a VR?
every one wants lots of mouse droids.........that's why their value is so high
Darth O
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 7:39:09 PM

slvader77 wrote:
My two cents

Booster are fun to open, so that has extra value in itself!

Darth Sion
Darth Revan
Mouse Droid
C-3PO, Ewok Deity
Princess Leia, Captive

These suck for their cost.