RegisterDonateLogin

Bloo or Bloo Milk, there is no try.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Most Powerful Sith Options
brennan
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 8:04:54 AM
Groups: Member

There is a lot of controversy over the most powerful Sith ever on many other Star Wars websites an I wanted to see what you guys thought. Here is my guess.

1 Darth Bane
2 Darth Revan
3 Exar Kun
4 Jedi Exile
5 The Apprentice

I realize there will be many different opinions and if you are asked why you picked so and so tell why.
JFisto
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 8:16:29 AM

how was the jedi exhile a sith?
Wysten
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 8:36:02 AM

Personally, I think this is the list below.

1) Darth Niphsis From Knights of the Old Republic 2 (Personally, I hated him, he was just a generic super villain. However, his power to effectively "drink" planets dry was extremely powerful and he did not even need the focus to drain the people around him. Any Jedi he targetted would just die. Had the Exile not been specially matched up to him and he had not already been staving, he most probably would have ruled and destoried the univerce. Personally, he is god teir in a land of force users.)

2) Palpatine (Was able to conseal himself effortlessly in the force. Was able to slay 3 Jedi Masters within seconds and it was debateable whether Windu really did hold the upper hand at all. He was also apprently capable of extreme battle meditation as Thawn apprently observed, capable of focusing the imperial army over Endor while addressing Luke, plus he was the only Sith lord who managed to take over the Republic and even when killed, continued to be reborn to lead again and was also capable of transmitting the living essence of other people into other bodies. If Nephsis did not exist, I would flat out say that he was the most powerful sith in the univerce with solid conferdence. We hardly seen him fight, but that is not what makes him powerful.

3) Exer Kun (Used a Sith enchantment to freeze a entire chamber, very considerable power. I really debate over which is stronger out of him or Palp, both are very different in their methods)

4) Darth Bane + Armour (In terms of brute force, Bane was incredable in his armour. Just not really sure how he matches up overall aside from his potent combat and some potent tricks. I recon he could kill Exer Kun in a streight up match, just number 3 has demostrated stronger abilitys overall.)

5) Kirea (She brought up two deadly Sith, and was capable of draining 3 Jedi masters of their essence at the same time. I would say she's well up there. She was also able to conseal her pressence from anyone she met, Jedi included.)

Noteworthy examples

Revan: I believe it was his tactical prowess that won wars, not his strength in the force. While he was indeed more powerful then Jedi, I don't believe he entered the top lot until after he had been "reborn" after losing his memories and defeating Malek. Definately noteworthy, but his force useage was not what made him so effective. He was a great leader and tactican.

The apprentice: I don't really like the way he's portrayed, but he has the potencial, just he was a child compared to the above. He has savage ablitys and raw power, but the above have power and the ability to use it to the most devistating effect.

Drath Sion: He simply can't die unless you break him. I don't think his combat prowess was that great at all, but the fact he could not be killed makes him noteable until they ran out of stamina, though again, like Neph, he was an example of a Sith taken too far in my opinon to try and ramp up the cool factor.

Personally, even if the Jedi Exile is a Sith, I don't thing she's up there with the top 4, tied with Keira.
yodaccm
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 9:21:45 AM

The whole history and lifeline of the Sith order is so convoluted and complicated, I find it difficult to be able to rank any of the notable Sith. In the end, they all get dusted, so it don't really matter!
Wysten
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 10:14:27 AM

True enough, some books/games are not exactly accurate to the univerce anyways, like in the force unleashed, I doubt the apptentice was that powerful, so hence why the book seemed to take creative libatrys, such as the Star Destoryer having no engines, Palp giving up e.c.t. To try and bring him more inline with the rest of the cast, rather then a guy who eats AT-ST's and cannon fire for breakfast.

Same with KOTOR 2, I felt that Sion and Niphus would definately not fit in the star wars univerce that well, they just tested my believabilty to the limits. The power of the Sith depends on the writer pretty much.

Palp just seemed the strongest going by EU, which is the only effective medium of comparing Sith against one another since most of them, in terms of G-Canon, don't exist.

Then there is person presentation and the power creep of writers, where most believe that simply upping the power makes the villain more impressive. Sion and Niph seemed designed with only that idea in mind, make them better then Revan and Malek. Then we got all these new Sith from outer space to try and further reduce Revans importence as the rebirther of the sith way, and introduce even more villains. It's crap story telling.

Just since this is a discussion topic, I found it amusing enough to compare them. Raven to me was probably not the most impressive force user, he was just the best tacticain and force user at his time. Any of those on the list are either his equal, or just flat out better.
Partof1
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 12:21:33 PM

Niphsus? I think you mean Nihilus, unless there's someone else in KOTOR.
Lachesis
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 12:28:24 PM

Partof1 wrote:
Niphsus? I think you mean Nihilus, unless there's someone else in KOTOR.

i believe there talking about Nihilus, christ he has a mini how do u go about miss spelling his name, also Revan all the way.
trick624
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 12:47:39 PM

why doesn't Krayt get any love?
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 1:28:04 PM

Darth Bane Hands down.
Thought Bomb anyone?
for those who dont know, he constructed a plan to destroy the Sith and a large part of the Jedi, his plan was a success.
i just saw the 3rd book of the Bane sag at the bookstore today, Im dying to read it, but dont want to shell out 27$ to do so.

and as far as Krayte goes, cool character and all, but in my opinion, Not a true Sith Master. (besides, he should have seen Wyyrloks betrayal coming)

Nihilus-another great sith character, but got the crap end of the stick as far as KoToRs story progression.

Exile-dont get why shes on the list, she was just a crusader.

Exar Kun- excellent way to introduce the sith to EU, giving them a back story like Kuns and Dromas was tight, the books had me hooked. for awhile, Kun was my favorite sith, until darth Bane showed his bald head. (I still think that kun would have killed droma in the temple, but thats for another discussion)

The Apprentice-again, my opinion, not a true sith, just disillusioned little boy, manipulated by vader to do his bidding.
BUT, a very powerful force user. throw him in a fight with bane, and i cant even say who would win (my money is on Bane, but who knows.)
Jediabiwan
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 2:56:49 PM

I have to say Darth Bane was the of the most powerful sith. He was cunning, physically powerful, and a master of the Force. He saved/destroyed the entire Sith order and set up the Republic's downfall. And if you read the new book, you will see how he becomes even more powerful!
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 4:13:20 PM

Jediabiwan wrote:
I have to say Darth Bane was the of the most powerful sith. He was cunning, physically powerful, and a master of the Force. He saved/destroyed the entire Sith order and set up the Republic's downfall. And if you read the new book, you will see how he becomes even more powerful!

I take it you read the book....please.....no details........Bored
trick624
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 4:33:23 PM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
snip

got a synopsis on the new Darth Bane Book....all I have to say is wow. Easily the most powerful sith ever.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 4:58:49 PM

I thought after the 2nd book he was the most powerful, Im almost afraid to read the 3rd.....Scared
darkjacen
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 6:39:58 PM

It would depend on your definition of "most powerful". Darth Bane, Darth Sidious are my bet.

Bane...well he's Bane, he was one of those who followed the Rule of Two (not that useless rule of one thing Krayt created). Sidious on the other hand wasn't just powerful in the force, he was a shrewd and manipulative politician. He single-handedly brought ruin to the republic and the jedi who served it.

Too bad Caedus didn't last too long. With all the Force Knowledge he had he could've been a powerful contender.
Fredwood
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 9:46:48 PM

I've ranted about this here before, but it is Sid hands down. Some people mistake power in the force for actual power.
Wysten
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 9:55:36 PM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
Darth Bane Hands down.
Thought Bomb anyone?
for those who dont know, he constructed a plan to destroy the Sith and a large part of the Jedi, his plan was a success.
i just saw the 3rd book of the Bane sag at the bookstore today, Im dying to read it, but dont want to shell out 27$ to do so.

I throught the throught Bomb was a weapon? Not nessiarily his strength in the force. Otherwise I say Kaan is the one who activated it. XD Just kidding, just I am hesitent to include it along his feits, though I am curious about the new book.

But yeah, I agree that Bane is worth a top 5, or at the very least top 10. Just depends on the artist/writer.

Quote:
i believe there talking about Nihilus, christ he has a mini how do u go about miss spelling his name, also Revan all the way.

I do have a spelling disability, and I did not fancy rooting through the database in the middle of the night. No need to be so grammer picky about it.
headache62
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 7:41:13 AM

darkjacen wrote:
Sidious on the other hand wasn't just powerful in the force, he was a shrewd and manipulative politician. He single-handedly brought ruin to the republic and the jedi who served it.

And he did it in such a way that people were applauding him for it. While he might not win on sheer Force Power (I'd actually give that one to Exar Kun, with Bane an extremely close second), Sidious wins the overall for most powerful Sith in my humble opinion.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 8:09:44 AM

I would say that sidious was the most Cunning, for sure.
what he did to the whole galaxy was incredible, he was the "Kyzer Shoze" in the star wars universe (usual suspects, sorry if i spelled it wrong).
its like what Kevin Spacey said, "the greatest trick the devil ever did, was show the world he didnt exist", or something like that.....
Dead horse
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 3:10:03 PM

Darth Sidious, Darth Tyrannus, Darth Bane...who was the first Sith, Darth Badguy?
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 3:23:08 PM

Dead horse wrote:
Darth Sidious, Darth Tyrannus, Darth Bane...who was the first Sith, Darth Badguy?

darth bubble GumScared