RegisterDonateLogin

Will take you as its padawan learner.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Mouse droids Options
SquelchDog
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 10:17:14 PM
Groups: Member

Crying I don't have any yet, now I realize they are cool and very useful, relay orders is a cool SA, BUT shield walls of mouse droids?!?!

Look, it's a useful componet to the game with scrub shield walls, but from that little droid (the size of a remote controlled car) that Chewbacca roared at and scared away in episode four *A New Hope* aawwww come on!! Your killing me!!! Bomb

Your telling me Darth Bane the baddest of the Bad!!! is going to HIDE behind a remote control car. Scared Gimme a break!

Quote:
Small, unobtrusive, and easily frightened, mouse droids provide basic maintenance on space stations and starships throughout the galaxy.

Kinda Lame don't you think? Bored

LOL Picturing this in my head at the moment, he he he

ok my rant is done RollEyes everybody have at it.
AdmiralMotti89
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 1:51:43 AM

yeah right when they came out, I proposed they be considered Diminutive (don;t provide cover), some people have took that up and house ruled it that way, and good for them. MD's are used for so many things outside of jsut relay orders; I wonder if that was taken into account when they were designed.
SquelchDog
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 1:55:22 AM

Cool, glad to see i'm not the only one. ThumpUp
Capin_ahab
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 3:38:08 AM

Heck a mouse saved hans butt in reigonals last year. the guy critted on the mouse and missed han. I like them as sheilds.
saeseetiin
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 3:45:58 AM

Capin_ahab wrote:
Heck a mouse saved hans butt in reigonals last year. the guy critted on the mouse and missed han. I like them as sheilds.

I love using mice as sheilds just made a squad the other day with them as sheilds here its is

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/View.aspx?ID=68897
SquelchDog
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 4:13:40 AM

Capin_ahab wrote:

See now thats cool, BUT It would be a little more realistic if it was say a destroyer droid. Something that would Actually provide cover. Not a droid that if Han wasn't paying attention to would make him slip like he stepped on a roller skate.Scared

Now you can use them as shields in the game which is fine as it is part of the rules, but come on ya gotta admit it is a little lame.
Is Han gonna lay down on the ground a 2 meter tall guy and be provided cover from a droid the size of a shoebox? Razz

Maybe it's just me but when I was in Desert Storm a shoe box would be the last thing I'd be looking for to provide cover for my rear end, know what I'm saying? Blink

lol this just cracks me up LOL
SquelchDog
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 4:18:28 AM

Quote:
I love using mice as sheilds just made a squad the other day with them as sheilds here its is

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/View.aspx?ID=68897

Of course people like them as shields they have what a 20 Defence?
maverick
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 4:45:20 AM

SquelchDog wrote:
Capin_ahab wrote:

See now thats cool, BUT It would be a little more realistic if it was say a destroyer droid. Something that would Actually provide cover. Not a droid that if Han wasn't paying attention to would make him slip like he stepped on a roller skate.Scared

Now you can use them as shields in the game which is fine as it is part of the rules, but come on ya gotta admit it is a little lame.
Is Han gonna lay down on the ground a 2 meter tall guy and be provided cover from a droid the size of a shoebox? Razz

Maybe it's just me but when I was in Desert Storm a shoe box would be the last thing I'd be looking for to provide cover for my rear end, know what I'm saying? Blink

lol this just cracks me up LOL

same concept as lightsaber deflecting Aurras lightsaber sweep.
maverick
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 4:50:07 AM

i think they should put it on some faction specific people. for instance they could make something like an OR Communications Officer. they could make a Villip for the vong. you get the idea.
SquelchDog
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 4:53:13 AM

Right now that makes sense.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, December 19, 2009 3:58:59 PM

Ill be the 2nd or 3rd to say that mousies should not provide cover, and squelchies example with the shoebox is a perfect explanation why.
But when i found out that mousies couldnt shoot you, i lost my head!
the only reason that i did, was because infantry batteries have evade! and so does palpy on the toilet!Scared
the reasons i got for mousies not attacking was "well, in real time, they couldnt," or" people were unhappy with them shooting". but they can still throw a grenade or heal someone for 10 damage.......Bored
whatever with that. Glare
"but they do provide cover?" Confused
"does my character have to play dead, hope a mousie is covering the side of my head, and hope that the attacker is going to miss?"Scared
I love this game to death, but man, sometimes the "demographic" really confuses the heck out of me.
SquelchDog
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 8:22:09 AM

I guess we'll see how the game evolves when the next 2 sets of boosters come out. Glare
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 11:36:45 AM

Gotta say.....
I love the new stats!
especially the Toygarian (whatever, spelling police)
the game is going to make great leaps and Bounds with these new abilities.
Now, dont get me wrong.....
I dont think its Great leaps and bounds will help bring newer players into the game, well.....cuz when i first started, it was hard enough to grasp, then coming on this Site, learning that i was playing the wrong way the whole time kind of discouraged me as a player of the game.
But....
that made me a better player, and Going to DCI events made me more appreciative of our Sport of minis.
But, I have a hard enough time getting my wife to run Thrawn squads, she doesnt like range of 6, and cant grasp Mas Amedda with Shut doors.(She only rocks abilities, Not CEs....Just ask her Boba BH.....shes nasty wit a D20)
I have friends that i can get into the game, to try it, but i have to find a way to hook them, and all of these new abilities will lose the novice.
which.....hurts the game.
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 12:02:08 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

And neither can you not evolve the game with new stuff. I would the evolution of the past year would be good evidence of that. And the vast bulk of the new abilities have been rather straight forward.
SquelchDog
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 12:32:39 PM

Can't get my wife to play, Glare

lol, but my son and brother do.

We have a good time, ya we weren't the greatest players we are still learning but the important part is we are having fun. We would always forget to look at our cards and 2 turns later all of a sudden notice you had a CE you could have used or a SA that would have kept you alive. ha ha

We are getting better we have a good sized collection, to the point where you start forgetting who you have, then you bust out a card that hasn't been played in a while,

AND LAY THE SMACK DOWN!!!ThumpUp
SquelchDog
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 12:34:29 PM

Oh I also don't look at the previews to the new boosters that way it's more of a suprize when I open them up! Woot orScared
carnorjax1
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 12:38:20 PM

I remember when mouse droids were a big running joke. haha secret build-the-giant mouse droids.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 1:15:20 PM

Sithborg wrote:
And neither can you not evolve the game with new stuff. I would the evolution of the past year would be good evidence of that. And the vast bulk of the new abilities have been rather straight forward.

a game is easy to evolve, one step at a time...
not ten new abilities at a time.
SquelchDog
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 1:21:49 PM

Quote:
a game is easy to evolve, one step at a time...
not ten new abilities at a time.

Agreed.
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 1:39:56 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Well, when those abilities are spelled out on the card...

They are not changing the core mechanics of the game. And seriously, the needed clarifications needed for a lot of the abilities in the past year have been fairly small. The FAQ is still one of smallest in all the games in print, even if you take into account the Mini-FAQs. Trust me, if the 8-12 year olds at my venue can keep up with the game and the new stuff, obviously it isn't too difficult.

Maybe my experiences with SWCCG, with all the various rules that were added, that you would need a rules insert or access to online to know even existed, let alone how they work. There are very few abilities that really need the FAQ to play correctly, and most have only one question in their entry. So far, the new abilities that have been spoiled have been pretty straight forward as written, I don't predict a vast mini-FAQ needed.