RegisterDonateLogin

Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Bloo Milk...is essential to a Jedi's life.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : Who has the best sculpt?
Choice Votes Statistics
Cad Bane 4 7.017543 %
Darth Sion 0 0.000000 %
Jango Fett, Bounty Hunter 39 68.421052 %
Jedi Battle Master 1 1.754385 %
Lord Vader 2 3.508771 %
Vader's Apprentice, Redeemed 1 1.754385 %
General Grievous, Droid Army Commander 1 1.754385 %
Quinlan Vos, Infiltrator 0 0.000000 %
Other 9 15.789473 %

Best SWM Sculpt? Options
JFisto
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 3:50:30 AM
Groups: Member

If you do choose other please specify. I can't remember all of them so help me out. I chose Jango, BH.
StevenO
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 5:03:28 AM

I put down other because this is just so subjective and also gets hit by seeing and holding a mini plus its paint job. If we're honest you could just run this poll asking about the best Darth Vader sculpt and get a wide range of answers even if all of them are the same character but just using different poses.
Tirade
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 5:10:54 AM

StevenO wrote:
I put down other because this is just so subjective and also gets hit by seeing and holding a mini plus its paint job. If we're honest you could just run this poll asking about the best Darth Vader sculpt and get a wide range of answers even if all of them are the same character but just using different poses.

If you can't see the beauty of the Jango BH miniature, then you must be blind. That piece is gorgeous. That mini has to be in everyone's top 5 for best sculpt.
Rabid Wookiee
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 5:17:16 AM

IMO, there are a number of well done minis that I would put ahead of several of the figures listed in this poll. And I get the sense that pose had more to do with the choice of poll minis than paint job.

Now as for my personal favorites, my responses are naturally biased by the figures I've actually seen in person (for instance, I've never seen the legendary Jango Fett, Bounty Hunter in person). However, I'm constantly impressed with the detail and shading of the paint jobs on many of the huges I see. Figures such as the Huge Crab Droid, Utapaun on Dactillion, and Basilisk War Droid, and Felucian Rancor look great! I'm also quite partial to both Bossk, Bounty Hunter and 4-Lom, Bounty Hunter--Bossk for his pose (along with the quality paint job) and 4-Lom for the incredible care put into painting the copper wiring all over his body. My favorite, though, is the original Boba Fett. I have the Boba Fett mini from the Rebels and Imperials set, and both the pose and incredibly detailed paint job are best in class.
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 6:22:13 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Rancor, Universe is my favorite and gets my vote (other)

Jango BH is awesome.

Paint jobs - most of Rebel Storm, especially Jabba, but there are some truly great ones in other sets as well
Yames2.0
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 10:27:04 AM

my vote is so han solo in stormtrooper armor you just cant get any better then that
sharron
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 10:40:34 AM

jango bh all day, every day of the week. first mini i ever saw. never stopped thinkin its the best pose.
SquelchDog
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 11:28:20 AM

Cad Bane looks pretty cool, Gun Slinger pose rocks!!! Cool
StevenO
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 12:22:12 PM

Tirade wrote:
StevenO wrote:

If you can't see the beauty of the Jango BH miniature, then you must be blind. That piece is gorgeous. That mini has to be in everyone's top 5 for best sculpt.

Why don't you sent me one so I can see him for myself? I mentioned that seeing and holding a mini can go a long ways towards helping to answer the question and the only JFBH I've seen are the pictures. It may photograph well so that must mean I'm blind as I've never seen the beauty of one in person.

As I explained I marked down other because it is a highly subjective question and one that requires a lot more "hands on" experience than just picking the "best piece" or even "best set."
IG-108
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 2:27:06 PM

Jango Fett Bounty Hunter still has the best sculpt to date. This vote is really a contest to see who has the "second best" sculpt.
death by wookie 89
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 2:28:46 PM

I go with battle droids lol
trick624
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 2:41:38 PM

I like the new 501st Rex
Squid89
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2009 2:07:09 PM

I went with other since the original Wampa has been and still is my favorite sculpt.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2009 2:21:00 PM

Sith MarauderThumpUp
love the pose, he has this "Bushido" thing about him.