RegisterDonateLogin

Will take you as its padawan learner.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Elite Sith Assassin & IG-88 Assassin Droid spoilers Options
monni316
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 6:25:15 PM
Groups: Member

not sure if these are new ... but thought I'd post anyway.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/16549.html

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/16548.html

Steal Force seems pretty cool ... and good golly is IG-88 a beast with GGDAC.

Darth O
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 6:40:51 PM

Thanks!

Loving that pulse cannon
saeseetiin
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 9:33:20 PM

this ig is so much better the the other one
TK-4334
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 9:37:29 PM

THANK U GOD

The wasting of plastic has an end. IG-88 is really nice in a Sep. Squad. he can get an +23 Attack, a 28 Def. and Twin; solid i think :))
He is nice in DD with Grievous DAC too.
saeseetiin
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 9:39:38 PM

TK-4334 wrote:
THANK U GOD

The wasting of plastic has an end. IG-88 is really nice in a Sep. Squad. he can get an +23 Attack, a 28 Def. and Twin; solid i think :))
He is nice in DD with Grievous DAC too.

Yea DD with Grievous is going to be crazy
SquelchDog
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 12:07:25 AM

Steal Force MWHUAHAHAHAH Mad <-----Darth SquelchDog
scourge
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 12:17:43 AM

If only pulse cannon could work with Tarpals
darkjacen
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 12:35:05 AM

Pulse Cannon is just nasty. A more ranged shooter than the original IG-88. Whorm or GGDAC will have a field day with this guy around.
Wysten
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 12:52:14 AM

Aye, only problem, being a unique droid, is that theres not a lot he can actually interact with. Since most of them apply to none uniques only. He's the polar opperset to Broshh. While he can pretty much slot into any faction with little complaints, IG-88 is a bit like Sasuke from Naruto. A typically selfish git who takes orders from no one and rampages around, but manages to be capable at pretty much anything aside from amassing a fanbase. XD Just kidding.

Not that I am complaining, he looks to be a pretty solid beast of a figure. Either way you look at it, he deals damage, which means that unlike using Frags, he can kill a bunch of filler pieces easily. Even discounting that he has a possible 19 attack (9+6+4 = 19) So if he does need to kill someone, he's pretty capable of doing that with pretty chilling effiency, even if he does not really benfit from many commander effects. Even then, with Whormsome, he becomes a terrifying gunner in his own right, Durge, Whormsome, San Hill, him, a lifter droid and a legion of Uggies? God save us all... XD

Yeah, needless to say, just thinking about him/it gets my mind racing a little. And just a rare? Can't wait. ^^

Elite Sith assisin is also interesting. It's a tad strange that he only has 1 attack for a melee charcter, though the trade off for stealth makes him rather capable of getting up close. Steal Force is a puzzling ability, aside from his very low force points and to perhaps base Jet Obi/ Ani to drain him dry, it will probably take some getting used to.

Ahhh well, least we get someone with Revan or Kryat for kicks for some themed Sith action, or something and he has a high amount of HP considering all that he offers. 40 damage in a hit is also a fair bit. But I am unsure whether he will replace the Sith lord or assisin. He's a sweet common, definately something I would not mind getting hold of in multiples. With extra attack, those fellows can deal up to 40 on the move, perhaps leaching force points off people that are about to be wiped out anyways.

Only problem is, where is the flavour text! T_T XD
TK-4334
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 1:02:17 AM

Wysten wrote:

Only problem is, where is the flavour text! T_T XD

There is one, u have to read between the lines.

"A crap Miniature free contrived just to fill out some place in a new set"

Wysten
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 1:42:30 AM

True enough. XD Just I guess just leave it to imagination, probably best the Sion/Nith era. Problem is, the Sith faction probably won't be able to make that much of him either. Since their commanders are meh. As always, Sidious Holo and a bunch of fringe and sith lord is the best way to get the job done. XD
Draconarius
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 2:02:37 AM

I can see applications for the Elite Sith Assassin. Steal Force says 'characters', so he can do it to an ally... like, say, a Sid-o-gram boosted Ugnaught? Activate the ESA, renew up to 2 Force Points, then steal a Force point from a previously activated Ugnaught. Might has well have Renewal 2. And (assuming you add Malak), +17 for 30 isn't exactly a weak attack.

IG-88 is decent, for sure. Him + GGDAC is going to be a formidable dynamic duo. I'm not quite sure he'd be worth using over two IG-86s in regular skirmishes, though. Heck, for those points, you could get a HK-50 and an IG-86, which equates to 20 more damage per turn after moving. I suppose it will depend on how much you like that Pulse Cannon.
Wysten
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 4:32:16 AM

Aye, problem is, Sith Lord is just generally better at dealing 30 damage. If it takes Malek to get him swinging at 17, Sith Lord just hits them auto matically without Malek and for the price of those two, you could probably 3 Sithlords hozing the oppoment down for 90 damage within six squares. Plus theres the fact with stealth that it only really works long enough to get within striking distance. So even then they probably get a couple of shots off as he closes in. If he had cloaked or Lightsaber Assualt to double when nessiary, he would probably be worth it. But otherwise, he's another Sith Charcter who can't quite get beyond being a minon unless they release a decently priced commander. As they are part of the bottom 4 factions, thats a tad unlikely. ><;
Tirade
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 4:45:03 AM

Steal Force is a neat idea, but I fear the execution is off. You should be able to use the SA and still attack. That's a big drawback to the ability.

As for IG-88, Draconarius summed him up well. Even at a cost of 32-34, he'd be a hard sell with so many good non-unique droids available. To make matters worse, his paint job looks horrid in that picture. What a sloppy mess. The BH IG-88 is still the best IG-88 sculpt hands down.

EDIT: Should be noted that the Sith Assassin does have 40 damage potential. That is more than the Sith Lord's lightning. Obviously not as reliable as LS Assault or Double Attack. The ESA has to rely on his Cunning and Rage.
Weaver
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 5:08:26 AM

IG-88 and GGDAC is a terrifying duo. IG-88 effectively stuck at a +19 for most things in the format, with Double/Twin/Opportunist, and 28 defense in cover? Yes please.
Tirade
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 5:25:11 AM

Weaver wrote:
IG-88 and GGDAC is a terrifying duo. IG-88 effectively stuck at a +19 for most things in the format, with Double/Twin/Opportunist, and 28 defense in cover? Yes please.

Problem is, that's his only real use aside from scenarios. The IG-86 steals his role in the standard skirmish game.
joelker41
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 5:27:55 AM

One of ther first DD I will wasn't to try will be him and GG DAC.

+23 attack, 30 damage, quad with a 28 in cover as said before is just wrong lol.

Granted if your opponent let's you get that quad off then clearly something went wrong but that is a hideous amount of damage. }rievous can add 90 vs jedi as well. Ouch.

Sith Assassin is cool, much better for 2 more points than his predecessor. He will be useful for disabling pieces like tryrannous/FlObi for sure.
homer_sapien
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 6:22:39 AM

Tirade wrote:
Steal Force is a neat idea, but I fear the execution is off. You should be able to use the SA and still attack. That's a big drawback to the ability.

I would have liked it as an add on to a hit so any time you attack and hit a force user with fp left you steal one. You don't have to give up your attack to use it like it is now, but it isn't an automatic fp steal either since you have to hit the target for it to work.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 6:40:03 AM

if IG 88 BH wasnt beefy enough for ya......
This IG has all the stea one could hope for!
yea saesae, DD is gonna be Nutso!
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 7:29:47 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

IG88: for one less point you lose Sonic Stunner & Flamethrower but gain 30HPs, 1Def and an ability to do 40dam with save or 10 automatically within sight. Hmm...

As for the ESA: wow. Steal Force on a non-unique...interesting. (especially with access to swapping)