RegisterDonateLogin

What a piece of junk!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Finesse Pieces - Discussion Options
lukey84
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 2:59:28 AM
Groups: Member

I wanted to make a post about finesse pieces, pieces that are difficult to work with and often times not used because there are just so many better pieces.

An example could be Tamtel Skreej maybe?

Anyways. I thought everyone could post a finesse piece or two and comment on how they have made it useful and how it worked out.

darkjacen
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 3:16:04 AM

Luke Skywalker, Jedi Master would be one such fig. For his points there are far better characters to add in a New Republic build. The funny thing's that while there are more figs suited to the task he's still a force to be reckoned with.

I've had some success with Luke JM and Leia Skywalker, Jedi Knight. Both have lightsaber throw and Leia's CE comes in handy with Block and deflect rolls. (plus inspite of the shortcomings of his stats he still has a pretty cool poseLaugh )

Although to be honest I've only tried this in a 100 point build. I use leia to make the first LS throw then charge in with Luke. And even there it's not the easiest to run with.Sad
Weeks
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 3:31:48 AM

Ayy Vida. She is awesome. but i never see her get used for only 19 points she can dish out 40 damage AND has paralysis. She's very easily boosted. Ithorian commander +4 attack and +10 damage, She can get SS, Whorm for twin, Thrawn for opp, extra attacks from a lot of people.

She's a factastic piece. I think people just use jarael for 4 points more, not a bad choice i always use Ayy is my fun teams.
Boba Fett
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 3:36:21 AM

Jango BH perhaps? i think now he is constently replaced by Cad or Merc
SquelchDog
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 4:13:25 AM

Kyp Durron, I made a squad the other day with out reading his card, I just got him recently, I also had in the squad Jacen Solo again didn't read the card first. I was just going by names. I also had Corran Horn who lasted the longest and a NR Trooper who had advantageous cover. That was my squad, My son using Stormtroopers Crit hit on the NR Trooper and Kyp Durron lost half his hit points in the next salvo of stormtrooper blaster bolts. Jacen Solo bought the farm next, Corran Horn lasted the longest but was greased by Gen Grevious. It was a 3 way battle and I went down like a chump all beacuse I went off of names instead of reading cards. I thought I had good guys BOY WAS I WRONG! Blink

lol, anywho I'd still like to make good squads with them maybe I'll have to break them up into seperate squads. Blushing
Wysten
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 4:15:27 AM

Here, it's probably Captain Rex, Commander of the 501st, two people use him, sadly, they tend to be the hang back and shoot people, so I rarely see his ablity being taken advantage of at all to get into decent postions, or move around a corner and back again. So generally it comes down to who can shoot the hardest, a varied amount of clones with 10 hp, or those rebels under a luke of some sort and occationally, a pair of commandos with Captain Arguous and R2. XD

But generally, he's harder to use in the sense that he already has a better version matching about and only gains slightly more damage and a bit more speed and flight for a loss of twin attack and the greater mobile commander effect.

Aside from that, a couple of Imperial Knights have seen play lately, the unique (Drago?) disabling Jet Pack Obi's Lightsaber one time to make him a portable door opener/command effect spreader for the duration of the skirmish. XD

joelker41
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 4:18:12 AM

Warmaster Tsavong Lah. I have always had fun when I run him. Just one heck of a tank. A little outclassed by Ossus or Jedi Hunter swarms for the cost but in dynamic duo with aurra CS he is really annoying when he can face down guys like Tyrannou or Loda easily when other pieces are cxompletely hosed by them.
lukey84
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 7:51:45 AM

i like nihilius, he doesnt pack an incredible punch but hes great at taking out the little guys whether theyre alone or in small groups. also his sith hatred really messes with fixed force point pieces
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 7:58:26 AM

warmaster tsavong lah, as Joel said, jarael, and Nom anor.
for me anyway, they define finesse.
there is a ton others,but those are the one i think of when i use them, especially if i do so often.
IG-108
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 10:33:46 AM

Darth Nihilus has so much potential, but his weak defense and low hit points restrict him way too much. In a sense, he's amazing against other Force users if he's got a good partner. Pair him up with some other good unique sith fighter, have the fighter engage the enemy Force user one-on-one while Nihilus sits back and sucks away their Force points and HP.
I've only been able to see that kind of strategy used successfully once. It was a pair of Darth Nihilus and Darth Talon against two Rancors and two Nightsister Sith Witches. With Talon absorbing a lot of damage with her Force bubble, Nihilus was able to drain the witches and then the two sith worked together to take down the rancors.
CrunchBite
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 5:17:33 PM

Darth Caedus is really a finesse figure, if you think of his abilities. He can go ranged with his poison darts, he can slash people apart, and he can get in another activation after you get initiative out of the way. His lack of Force points is his only problem, so you really have to choose whether you want to save them for Illusions and Sith Rages/Lightsaber Assaults, or use them on a Flow Walk.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 5:39:40 PM

but at 200 points, he has to be the only real finesse piece you run. he is quite costly.
aing Tie is sick, but if you want to get it off properly, you have to sit on him, and then strike when the iron is hot.
because tempo will not be your friend.
darkjacen
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 6:01:22 PM

I have to agree about Caedus. He's difficult to play. I've tried building squads around him but they end up being outactivated and shot full of holes. Darth Sidious would be useful for him. Swap him about, but I haven't tried it out myself.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 6:30:24 PM

darkjacen wrote:
I have to agree about Caedus. He's difficult to play. I've tried building squads around him but they end up being outactivated and shot full of holes. Darth Sidious would be useful for him. Swap him about, but I haven't tried it out myself.

and then Tempo is definetely not yer friend,
if you dont want to get powned, you wont want to run that, because then sidious is dead meat if you Aing ti out, hit something, then swap back. either that or yer mousie is dead, which ultimately leads to sidious' demise, because tempo decided to poop on yer squad.
i ran it, and its not very successful.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 6:31:15 PM

darkjacen wrote:

if you dont want to get powned, you wont want to run that, because then sidious is dead meat if you Aing ti out, hit something, then swap back. either that or yer mousie is dead, which ultimately leads to sidious' demise, because tempo decided to poop on yer squad.
darkjacen
Posted: Thursday, December 24, 2009 2:46:54 AM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:

Ouch...that bad huh?Blink Thanks for the heads up.
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, December 24, 2009 2:57:14 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

I think the MTB is the ultimate finesse piece. A piece that is killing you as you go, takes a lot of work to play right. Hmm, that gives me an idea...
lukey84
Posted: Thursday, December 24, 2009 4:17:53 AM

yeah, i think he is the ultimate one. ive never dared try with him. ive tried a few builds and with the new 3 pt pieces it might be a little easier for MTB Fodder
CrunchBite
Posted: Thursday, December 24, 2009 10:32:04 AM

Anything with Self-Destruct works with the MTB, so long as you can kill him if things get a little too dicey.
lukey84
Posted: Thursday, December 24, 2009 1:28:12 PM

so also regarding the best use or strategies. what is the best way to use: tamtel skreej, nihilius, dart maul sith apprentice. etc what success have YOU had?