RegisterDonateLogin

It was meant to help you.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Old Republic Options
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2009 5:57:37 AM
Groups: Member

Ok, last night i was going through every video i could burn through on Youtube for This game.
I have to say, Im impressed with alot of the classes ans the interactions with other players.
so my question to anyone who will be buying this game is....
What Class are you most excited about?
Im liking the Sith Inquisitors and and Sith warriors, but Im also really liking the Mercenaries.
and thoughts?
Sithborg
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2009 11:05:14 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Not going to lie, this is the first MMO that I am really interested in. Definately Sith Inquisitor will be my first character. Jedi Consular, Trooper, and Bounty Hunter seem like fun.
ChuckaFett
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2009 11:24:50 AM
Groups: Member , Trade Moderator

Have to agree Sithborg. I've never played one before, but I may pick this one up. I think I'd like to be a mercenary of some sort.
Sithborg
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2009 11:32:58 AM

ChuckaFett wrote:
Have to agree Sithborg. I've never played one before, but I may pick this one up. I think I'd like to be a mercenary of some sort.

There are 8 classes, 4 LS and 4 DS. Trooper, Smuggler, Jedi Consular and Knight for Light, and Bounty Hunter, Imperial Agent, Sith Inquisitor and Warrior for Dark. Something to think about for the months ahead.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, December 26, 2009 1:38:39 PM

ive never been this excited about a game since KoToR 2.
iwonder if they are going to charge players for running various classes.
SquelchDog
Posted: Sunday, December 27, 2009 5:24:03 AM

My son and brother got into the two first games, myself I tried them and didn't care for them, However this new one looks VERY COOL!, I will give it a try hopefully I'll get into it. I really enjoyed the Spoiler they posted when the Jedi Temple and Corrie was attacked that looked awesome!!! ThumbsUp
SquelchDog
Posted: Sunday, December 27, 2009 5:25:06 AM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
ive never been this excited about a game since KoToR 2.
iwonder if they are going to charge players for running various classes.

We won't have to pay to play it will we?
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, December 27, 2009 5:37:12 AM

It is an mmo. While the pricing scheme hasn't been revealed, yeah, you are going to have to pay.
Mickey
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2009 4:09:53 AM

Beta testing invites went out awhile back. From what I can tell the game looks alot like SWG and seems to play like most MMO's in that you take quests to advance through the ranks and level up. However, what is so cool about this one is that ALL npc's are voiced in the game and it seems much of your game play includes cut scenes. So it should feel alot like the KOTOR games.

One of the guys at our LGS has been following this religiously and he told me that there was some talk that the game would be run something like Guild Wars. Free to play but then costs for upgrades within the game for items and options. If that is the case then my son and I will most likely play. I'm not much on subscription games these days as I don't have the time to invest to make it worth my while.

I've heard rumors of release dates and haven't checked anywhere for hard info. I'm guessing next fall although I heard it could be sooner. The beta was only supposed to be going out to test a finished product since alot of testing was supposed to have been done inhouse already. Whether there is truth in that rumor I heard I don't know. Maybe it will release in the fall to coincide with a fall SWM release Woot
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2009 5:53:01 AM

i heard fall aswell. lets hope its sooner.
sharron
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2009 6:57:00 PM

bro, bounty hunter looks epic. or smuggler? nobody likes the traditional han style??
SquelchDog
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 1:53:10 AM

Dang, didn't realize you'd have to pay, Crying count's me out, that would cut into buying minis, lol, eeerrrrrrr...........i mean paying bill's.............ya that's what I meant to say paying bill's. Blink
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 2:16:43 AM

SquelchDog wrote:
Dang, didn't realize you'd have to pay, Crying count's me out, that would cut into buying minis, lol, eeerrrrrrr...........i mean paying bill's.............ya that's what I meant to say paying bill's. Blink

The payment scheme has not been revealed. We don't know how much, we don't know if it will be monthly fee or microtransactions.
shinja
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 2:41:34 AM
Groups: Administration

I'm going Smuggler.
SquelchDog
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 2:52:35 AM

Sithborg wrote:
SquelchDog wrote:

The payment scheme has not been revealed. We don't know how much, we don't know if it will be monthly fee or microtransactions.

Ahh, there's still hope for Squelchy, ThumbsUp I'm thinking Bounty Hunter, Long time Boba Fett fan! ThumpUp
joelker41
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 3:02:55 AM

Apparently amongst the few light side guys I am the only Jedi guy....

Sounds like I will be a Jedi Knight.
Mickey
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 3:32:07 AM

From what I have read and what was said in the videos ie the mention that playing different characters will give you a totally different game and the mention of playing the same class and taking different choices will result in a totally different storyline leads me to think you will be able to play multiple characters on the same account. There are several MMOs out there that allow up to 5-6 characters on the same account.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 8:09:50 AM

SquelchDog wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
SquelchDog wrote:

Ahh, there's still hope for Squelchy, ThumbsUp I'm thinking Bounty Hunter, Long time Boba Fett fan! ThumpUp

my man!!ThumpUp
ive been a fan of the Fett since i got his first action fig in the 70s!
definetely going BH
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 8:15:21 AM

Mickey wrote:
From what I have read and what was said in the videos ie the mention that playing different characters will give you a totally different game and the mention of playing the same class and taking different choices will result in a totally different storyline leads me to think you will be able to play multiple characters on the same account. There are several MMOs out there that allow up to 5-6 characters on the same account.

then if thats the case, minis might have to take back seat for awhile, because i want to dabble with the sith, mostly the warrior.
I was watching on youtube when they were desingning the Sith, and the Inquisitors force repulse was draw dropping, if youve played force unleashed, the inquisitors repulse made VAUs look like he was 'passing gas'.
i just hope MoTF comes out before this game, so we can get some sweet Character class minis!
Mickey
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 4:16:07 AM

What's most impressive to me is that all the npc's are voiced by 100's of voice actors. I'm sure eventually playing enough you will see some repetition but I love voice over reading. The missions should also feel more like a story rather than a grind.