RegisterDonateLogin

Bloo Milk travels single file to hide its numbers.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Just starting and want to play mandalorians Options
Zevanna
Posted: Sunday, December 27, 2009 7:58:02 PM
Groups: Member

Hi all, i am just starting and want to play mandalorians, any advice for me? thank you!
The Madman
Posted: Sunday, December 27, 2009 8:06:11 PM

Scouts

the Mandos are really fun pieces but VERY highly costed-

the current national meta is to have a high number of activations
even in a conservative community, the mando don't do well ThumbDown

the gunslinger and other shooters paired with the Czerka sicentist isa 'classic' combo now

Pairing the Mandos up through the sith faction via Ulic Quel Droma's CE in higher pint games is fun as well

try looking at the squad builders section and set you search for Mandos and see what others are doing (ignore the rating system)
look at what the comments are see what you like
saeseetiin
Posted: Sunday, December 27, 2009 9:03:41 PM

the mando scout is very usefull
TK-4334
Posted: Sunday, December 27, 2009 9:13:45 PM

I love the combo between Ulic Quel Droma the Mando Scouts and Sidious Hologramm.
dalsiandon
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2009 9:59:56 AM

I say ignore the meta, and play the faction you want. Mandos are a greaty introductory faction as they are very 1 diminshional. They shot and they shoot well. And they can do lots of damage. It's a great way to get into the game. I think of BH's for a logn time doing what mandos are today, they shot they hit, they do big damage.

I like to mix between gunslingers and scouts and that way you get a mix of cunning and opportunist attacks, so you have good damge potential throughout a round. You also get some nice D from this pair. Add a commander grantign twin, or mobile attack and it can be a really nasty combo.

Welcome to the game, and enjoy
Saronian
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 2:37:01 AM

Like I told my little brother, the lowest guy for the Mandalorians (Mandalorian Commando) is other factions elite. These guys are designed to take on two, three, four basic to elite guys from the other factions and that will happen. They rely alot on their own and the Fringe abilities.

While Ulic does bring in the Sith, I haven't played him yet, but I've heard he's a double edged sword. While bringing in Mandies is good, alot of opponents target him first.

Scouts and Gunslingers are good to bring in due to Double Attack, but really depends on whether they'll get twin or not. Scouts have Greater Mobile Attack, which means they can move around and still fire 2 shots (4 with twin), and cloaked, which is super stealth without the drawback. Gunslingers have to stand still to shoot (unless given GMA be the Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo), but the have Evade and Deadly Attack.

Over all, I suggest you check out the Character Section as well as the Squads. Alot of people have alot more experience with the Mandalorians than I do.
Wysten
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 3:33:47 AM

Generally speaking, Mandolorian Squads are best when based off their two coremost shooters, Gunslinger or Scout. Both units are very solid, with the former being one of the best infantry men in the game, at the downside of having Opptunist, which is not so good for mandolorians as they are low on activations.

Generally, I would stay away from the mandolores unless at the 200 point level and even then, their impact is limited at that level as they cost a lot for a generally iffy shooter with solid commander effect. As they need mandolorian Captain to twin and double their firepower, and occationally quartermaster to boost their attack, you could easily spend too much enhancing mandolorians rather then engaging in combat. So generally speaking, the mandolores are only really for 300 and upwards point games where you can afford to spend huge and make the most of it, otherwise, at lower point levels mandolores are heavily overpriced shooters for commander effects that often won't make the difference that 3 scouts/Gunslingers could have made in his place.

The upside is that Scout and Slinger are very resistant infantry, surpassing the Senate Commando in terms of avoiding gunfire. The former cannot be detected while in cover, while the second has built in evade.

So for mandos, to start off with, you will need...

Mandolorian Scouts/Gunslingers. Get both, they are brillent in their own ways. ^^
Mandolorian Captain: Solid Shooter, but even better commander effect, twin effectively doubles the firepower at your disposal. With Gunslingers you need a Twilk Vigo to grant them greater mobility, so they can move and shoot.
Mouse Droids/Uggies/ R7: Last thing you want is your Mandos being without a commander effect, or the oppoment locking your mandos out of combat. A way to forcefully open doors is needed in any squad, easpically more so here.

Optional/Higher point score figures:

Mandolorian Quartermaster: Higher attack is useful, plus this guy can keep melee charcters distracted. Well worth the points at higher point levels.
Mandolorian Super commando: A sniper is useful, so having a couple of them incase you need them is always good, just don't make them your main infantry. Scout/Gunslinger is better at being the foot solder in terms of surviablity and raw attack output. Just a supercommando is useful.

Mandolore the Ultimate: The most expensive, but possibly the most effective Mandolore at high point levels. His stats are nothing to write home about, and you probably would use him as a shooter only when nessary. But Charging Fire and Turning your Fringe Figures to mandolorian greatly expands the amount of units that can benfit from mandolorian captain. Just don't use him at anything under 200. You won't get nearly enough use out of him to adjust his cost.

Mandolore the Indomorable: The second most expensive, and is a bit strange as his commander effect encorages close combat. Depends on the army really. He's nice, but most mandos can't take fire that well, 50 hp is tough for a none unique, just don't take it for granted unless you do more damage to them then you.

Boba, Mercency Commander: Solid range of abilitys and probably the only Mandolorian that can be used effectively under 200. Accrate Shot's usefulness highly depends though, it can be fatal against squads with senstive figures that have to be kept close.

Ulic: Higher then 200 only really, I don't really like Uric at all in terms of interaction, quick beatstick, huge health, but ultimately, Sith don't tend to mix with Mandolorians that well, unless Mandos are using Sidious Hologram to gain force points. That could be just me, but I am not keen on Ulic since he costs a lot just to bring the hologram to them.

Canderous: Some like him, some prefer more scouts, he can deal huge damage, and with Captain can throw out 6 attacks while standing still. Just the main problem is he tends to lag behind the rest of the unit and unlike most mandos, has no real way of avoiding being shot. He's nice, but only in a squad designed to get the most out of him really.

Hopefully that gives you a good idea of what to expect, these guys love to shoot, so take advatantage of that fact. ^^
Mickey
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 3:51:02 AM

I think they compete fine at 200 points. I played a squad with the quartermaster and captain with scouts. My activations were low but I used Boba to give them accurate so I could pick off any guys that did activate in LOS. I went 3-1 and my loss was on a map I was not used to and got Boba shotup early and lost my 2 uggies and 2 mouse droids on an opening Yoda lightsaber throw because I was silly and didn't see the LOS to the other side of the map. That was all my door control and got locked out at the end or I would have even still pulled out the win. The scouts are nasty when they hit opportunist. Being cloaked they are hard to deal with since alot of the meta revolves around shooters.