RegisterDonateLogin

I'm Mon Mothma, and I approve this website.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Jaina + Han in Carbonite Options
joelker41
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 6:45:37 AM
Groups: Member

Based on the wording of Han in Carbonite and Jaina's Affinity:

1) Can you bring a Rebel Han into an NR squad with Jaina that is half cost from Han in Carbonite?

2) Does the Han you bring in with the Carbonite have to be Rebel since the Carbonite Mini is?

Basically just wondering how far her affinity covers.

Thanks.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 7:18:51 AM

1) Yes

2) No, it can be any Han Solo that can be legally added to the squad.

Also to note, because of Jaina's Affinity, both Han in Carbonite and the Han Solo chosen to be in the carbonite will be of the New Republic faction.

Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 11:57:40 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

EmporerDragon wrote:
1) Yes

Also to note, because of Jaina's Affinity, both Han in Carbonite and the Han Solo chosen to be in the carbonite will be of the New Republic faction.

A quick addition: when Jaina brings in Han Solo in Carbonite with her Affinity, Han Solo in Carbonite can only bring in a NR Han, since Frozen in Carbonite is not Jaina's Affinity. So in essence, you can only bring in Han, GH.
joelker41
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 12:02:11 PM

Sithborg wrote:
EmporerDragon wrote:
1) Yes

A quick addition: when Jaina brings in Han Solo in Carbonite with her Affinity, Han Solo in Carbonite can only bring in a NR Han, since Frozen in Carbonite is not Jaina's Affinity. So in essence, you can only bring in Han, GH.

Yeah that was my real question. Bringing Han GH for half cost sounds fun, but then again for Jaina's cost you can just have him in there anyways lol.

Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 12:07:38 PM

joelker41 wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
EmporerDragon wrote:
1) Yes

Yeah that was my real question. Bringing Han GH for half cost sounds fun, but then again for Jaina's cost you can just have him in there anyways lol.

a 25 Han GH is still a great idea though.....*wheels spinning*
Weaver
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 1:01:51 PM

Luke Speeder, Han in Carbonite with Galactic Hero. Work out from there. Hilarity ensues.
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 1:03:27 PM

You can't use Han in Carbonite to bring in GH into a Rebel squad.
Weaver
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 1:22:19 PM

Frozen in Carbonite (During setup, choose another character whose name contains Han Solo. This character's point cost X is 1/2 the printed cost of the chosen character. An opponent sets up this character along with his or her squad. This character cannot be activated, cannot move, and does not count as a legal target. Its space cannot be entered, but it provides cover. If an ally ends its turn adjacent to this character, you may immediately remove this character from play and place the chosen character in its space. The newly placed character cannot activate this round.)

Unless I am reading this very poorly, it doesn't mention anything about obeying faction rules.
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 1:32:48 PM

Faction building rules must always be obeyed UNLESS SPECIFCALLY stated.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 2:41:03 PM

Squad construction rules will always take precedence before any other ability or abilities are applied.
the squad construct is what allows you to bring in certain pieces, but the circumstances dont ever change unless there is an affinity loop hole. like in NR and Jaina Solo, and you still have to use Han GH in NR, even with carbo as yer Affinity for Jaina.
being that she has already brought in a Rebel Han (Carbonite), that Han that "defrosts" has to abide by the squad building rules.

Weaver
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 5:01:59 PM

Fair enough.
juice man
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 2:09:41 PM

Just couldn't grasp this untill I read, and re-read MDB's post. Thanks.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 2:19:27 PM

ThumpUp
Darth Percocet
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 1:48:45 PM

Actually from what i understand, you would be able to bring Han in Carbonite to NR because it is considered to be a Han Solo, so you wouldnt have to just pick Han GH for the carbonite you could pick any han solo, her affinity is to bring any character named Han Solo on NR, so bringing han Carbonite into NR from her affinity isnt disobeying the faction rules, he counts as Han Solo, so you still would be able to bring in any han from rebel for half the cost.

& as for bringing han GH on rebel, again it says that you may bring in a character named Han Solo for half the cost, it doesnt say anything about it being a rebel han solo, it just says if the character has the name han solo you can bring him in half the cost, so in my opinion i think you can bring han GH on NR, you not disobeying faction rules because han in carbonite specifies the details on what character you can bring in, doesnt say anything about faction..
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 2:17:33 PM

Darth Percocet wrote:
Actually from what i understand, you would be able to bring Han in Carbonite to NR because it is considered to be a Han Solo, so you wouldnt have to just pick Han GH for the carbonite you could pick any han solo, her affinity is to bring any character named Han Solo on NR, so bringing han Carbonite into NR from her affinity isnt disobeying the faction rules, he counts as Han Solo, so you still would be able to bring in any han from rebel for half the cost.

& as for bringing han GH on rebel, again it says that you may bring in a character named Han Solo for half the cost, it doesnt say anything about it being a rebel han solo, it just says if the character has the name han solo you can bring him in half the cost, so in my opinion i think you can bring han GH on NR, you not disobeying faction rules because han in carbonite specifies the details on what character you can bring in, doesnt say anything about faction..

That is incorrect.

Q: Can the Han that is not on the board be a Han Solo of any faction?

A: No. You follow the normal faction rules for both Han Solo characters. Abilities that break the faction rules will explicitly say "of any faction" or similar

And Affinity has been ruled to not affect Frozen in Carbonite. Likely due to the fact that affinity affects squad building, and Frozen in Carbonite, while similar, is not part of squad building.

And remember, breaking factions rules has to be SPECIFCALLY stated to ignore the factions rules. Otherwise Wat could add in any droid with his Droid Reinforcements.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Saturday, January 9, 2010 12:29:16 PM

Sithborg wrote:
Darth Percocet wrote:

That is incorrect.

Q: Can the Han that is not on the board be a Han Solo of any faction?

A: No. You follow the normal faction rules for both Han Solo characters. Abilities that break the faction rules will explicitly say "of any faction" or similar

And Affinity has been ruled to not affect Frozen in Carbonite. Likely due to the fact that affinity affects squad building, and Frozen in Carbonite, while similar, is not part of squad building.

And remember, breaking factions rules has to be SPECIFCALLY stated to ignore the factions rules. Otherwise Wat could add in any droid with his Droid Reinforcements.

Your usualy right sithborg but i've seen you answer wrong before so i have to disagree, no offense towards you i know your a great player & know the rules, but the affinity jaina has says a character named han solo, so han solo in carbonite is named han solo, then it says you can bring in any han solo for half the value, so jaina would be able to bring in han solo in carbonite seeing as it is a han solo, doesnt matter that he's in carbonite he still counts as a figure on the map, & seeing as he's a rebel han solo, getting han GH for half the cost you would be able to do seeing as he's han solo also & of the NR faction, now as for bringing han GH on rebel i dont think you can do, but i think your wrong about being able to use carbonite on NR with affinity, & to bring in a han solo for NR, it isnt breaking faction rules, its affinity..
Sithborg
Posted: Saturday, January 9, 2010 12:43:57 PM

All I can say is that is the ruling. If you doubt it, go to WOTC and ask Nickname yourself.
Sithborg
Posted: Saturday, January 9, 2010 1:02:19 PM

Darth Percocet
Posted: Saturday, January 9, 2010 6:01:02 PM

Sithborg wrote:
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75862/19456654/Han_in_Carbonite?post_id=331075998#331075998

I win.

haha alright you got me, i checked it you were right, hey you cant blame me for trying ha, you know me sithborg, im hardheaded, i should of known better to just of listened in the first place to you ha, but you gotta admitt i did make a good point & argument about it, can you atleast give me that? haha

thanx again dude.. ttyl
Posted: Saturday, January 9, 2010 6:28:49 PM

Darth Percocet wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75862/19456654/Han_in_Carbonite?post_id=331075998#331075998

I win.

haha alright you got me, i checked it you were right, hey you cant blame me for trying ha, you know me sithborg, im hardheaded, i should of known better to just of listened in the first place to you ha, but you gotta admitt i did make a good point & argument about it, can you atleast give me that? haha

thanx again dude.. ttyl

Now thats being humbleThumpUp