RegisterDonateLogin

The Indomitable

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Ferus Olin revealed Options
Falconjo
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 8:32:17 AM
Groups: Member

So here is Ferus Olin's complete stats and as soon as my camera and computer want to work together I'll post pics of both stat card and fig. But this 100% correct

Ferus Olin - Rebel- VR 12/40

Cost: 27pts
HP: 100
DEF: 19
ATK: 11
DMG: 20

SA

Unique
melee;double
affinty (may be in a republic squad)
Jedi Bodyguard (if an adjacent ally with a force rating would take damage from an attack, this character can take the damage instead)

Force Powers

force 2, force renewal 1
Lightsaber Block (for
Dark Temptation (force 1: +4atk and +20 damage until end of this character's turn. At the end of that turn make a save of 11; if this save fails, this character joins the opponents squad until the end of the skirmish)
Lightsaber Precision
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 8:40:29 AM

Rare or Very Rare?
Falconjo
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 8:40:53 AM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
Rare or Very Rare?

Very rare
Weaver
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 9:43:40 AM

Well, that's underwhelming.
Jediabiwan
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 10:10:18 AM

I like him, it's nice that Dark Temptation is +20 damage instead of just +10. I am liking him a lot more than Dass, A'shared, and maybe K'kruhk.
Partof1
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 10:10:27 AM

DT is +4 +20? That's better than DK.

I like him, Precision is a nicer alternative when times aren't so desperate, and Block is always helpful with renewal, especially on something so cheap.

I could see him standing toe to toe with, and sometimes winning, against much more pricy opponents.
Sithborg
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 10:26:08 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Very, very nice. He has a lot of damage potential. Not as much as Das Jennir, but still very formable. With Han, RH, and a dead Yoda/Obi, you can attack at +15 for 60/50 damage. I can live with that.
Jediabiwan
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 10:26:23 AM

He could be fun to rune with Qui-gon jinn JM for two attacks at 50 dmg each.
Tirade
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 10:45:57 AM

Weaver wrote:
Well, that's underwhelming.

Umm, how so? Ferus seems like a great addition to the game. He's beefy enough with 100 HPs, but also has some big damage potential. Block helps against Melee and he can gain Evade via Rieekan. While he can't gain Evade with the Republic, they have better swap options.
Weaver
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 11:05:34 AM

I just find him generally unimpressive. He's beefy for his point cost, I suppose, but I just don't find him impressive.
Tirade
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 11:36:29 AM

Weaver wrote:
I just find him generally unimpressive. He's beefy for his point cost, I suppose, but I just don't find him impressive.

You don't like the potential he has with Dark Temptation? Seriously, that's a fantastic Force Power. Far better than K'Kruhk's Indiscriminate Rage.

Methinks you don't like Melee then, because this guy is a perfect Melee piece.
knightmare1233
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 12:07:35 PM

I like this guy. He can bodyguard damage for your jedi and then if he fails his betrayal save that same jedi can turn around and kill him for 27 points.
Falconjo
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 12:09:02 PM

heres the pics!!!!! sorry about quality. my camera broke so i had to use my phone :/

headache62
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 1:20:12 PM

Falconjo wrote:

SA

Unique
melee;double
Jedi Bodyguard (if an adjacent ally with a force rating would take damage from an attack, this character can take the damage instead)

Force Powers

force 2, force renewal 1
Lightsaber Block (for
Dark Temptation (force 1: +4atk and +20 damage until end of this character's turn. At the end of that turn make a save of 11; if this save fails, this character joins the opponents squad until the end of the skirmish)
Lightsaber Precision

Not bad. He reminds me of Visas Marr - a nice utility Bodyguard, but while she disrupts stealth he provides very good damage output for his cost, at a price. He'll be best when combined with someone who lets him re-roll a failed Dark Temptation save - Yoda CS, Qui-Gon JM, Obi-Wan Kenobi or Unleashed (Rebel). With Force Spirit, you could get him up to 90 damage in a single activation (Dark Tempt + Precision at +15 Attack).

I'm still not decided on him - I'd like him better if he could get Great Mobile in a Republic squad. He's a good swap/Doombot target, and (as has already been discussed) could make a good amount of points for you if he's already hurt and swaps sides.

He might make a good figure - lots of damage output possible for a cheap cost. He will have a huge target on his back, and it will be hard to get him into place without him getting shot to pieces.

Rebel: Combine Obi Unleashed+Princess Leia for 190 damage in two acts. Rieekan + TBSV for Great Mobile if you're careful.

Repub: Gen Skywalker for a +19/50 hit on the move. Qui-Gon JM for Force Spirit. Yoda CS to re-roll failed save. Panaka for Swap/R2 for Tow.

Lots of options, but definitely a finesse piece, and a hard to use one at that.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 2:26:15 PM

i cant make a judgement until i see how he does.
BG is nice though.
Tirade
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 3:09:16 PM

headache62 wrote:
Falconjo wrote:

SA

Unique
melee;double

Force Powers

force 2, force renewal 1
Lightsaber Block (for
Lightsaber Precision

Not bad. He reminds me of Visas Marr - a nice utility Bodyguard, but while she disrupts stealth he provides very good damage output for his cost, at a price. He'll be best when combined with someone who lets him re-roll a failed Dark Temptation save - Yoda CS, Qui-Gon JM, Obi-Wan Kenobi or Unleashed (Rebel). With Force Spirit, you could get him up to 90 damage in a single activation (Dark Tempt + Precision at +15 Attack).

I'm still not decided on him - I'd like him better if he could get Great Mobile in a Republic squad. He's a good swap/Doombot target, and (as has already been discussed) could make a good amount of points for you if he's already hurt and swaps sides.

He might make a good figure - lots of damage output possible for a cheap cost. He will have a huge target on his back, and it will be hard to get him into place without him getting shot to pieces.

Rebel: Combine Obi Unleashed+Princess Leia for 190 damage in two acts. Rieekan + TBSV for Great Mobile if you're careful.

Repub: Gen Skywalker for a +19/50 hit on the move. Qui-Gon JM for Force Spirit. Yoda CS to re-roll failed save. Panaka for Swap/R2 for Tow.

Lots of options, but definitely a finesse piece, and a hard to use one at that.

I believe you are overthinking Ferus. The BG possibility alone makes him worth it. He actually has a higher HP to cost ratio than the standard Human BG. Even if he betrays, it might not be the end of the world. If he has been towed by Doombot, he might have already taken down a piece like Rex or Dash.

I think he is great for his cost. He is way better than Visas. He's beefier and has more of an offensive punch. She's basically a counter-stealth piece in my mind (that's her only big role).

EDIT: Should also note I felt Visas was overpriced back when KotOR came out. She should be at the low end of 20. Probably about 20-22 at cost. There's just not enough faction support for a cost of 29 to make sense.
Sithborg
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 3:20:49 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

At +20 Dam, yeah, I like how he can kill a lot of stuff (even at higher cost than him). And the shear damage you can boost him up to. Not as powerful as what you can do with Das Jennir, but he is still a very dangerous mini.
Tirade
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 3:51:31 PM

Sithborg wrote:
At +20 Dam, yeah, I like how he can kill a lot of stuff (even at higher cost than him). And the shear damage you can boost him up to. Not as powerful as what you can do with Das Jennir, but he is still a very dangerous mini.

For his cost, Ferus is more likely to hang around with the higher HPs, Defense and LS Block. Of course I like both of them.
OLDMANKENOBI
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 4:05:17 PM

Tirade wrote:
Weaver wrote:

You don't like the potential he has with Dark Temptation? Seriously, that's a fantastic Force Power. Far better than K'Kruhk's Indiscriminate Rage.

Methinks you don't like Melee then, because this guy is a perfect Melee piece.
tirade is right on on this one
darkjacen
Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 4:19:16 PM

Thanks for the stats and the pics Falconjo. Woot