RegisterDonateLogin

For my ally is Bloo Milk. And a powerful ally it is.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Attack Mouse Options
K4ot1K
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:38:40 AM
Groups: Member

Two quick questions:

1) If I use a mouse droid with General Grievous, Supreme Commander does his +4 CE allow the mouse to attack?

2) What does General Grievous, Supreme Commander's force rating allow him to do?

Thanks for all the help on here, I appriciate it.
DarthJak
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:44:05 AM

GG FP can let him move 2 extra spaces or re-roll a save or attack

mousies can't attack, there has been a change in the rules
Sithborg
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:48:17 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

DarthJak wrote:

Incorrect. He isn't talking about the Battle Droid Sergeant.

Mouse Droids are always allowed to attack, it is just extremely pointless 99.9% of the time, as they don't have a damage rating. The +4 Atk from Greivious doesn't change this fact.

Greivious's Force Point gives him access to the 2 "unwritten" Force Powers found in the rulebook: a reroll or add 2 to his movement.
DarthJak
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 4:51:05 AM

is a attack without damage all that different than no attack at all?Meh
K4ot1K
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 5:04:52 AM

So since he has 0 attack, the +4 doesn't give him +4 attack? That kind of goes against normal math doesn't it? 0 + 4 = 4 Or is this just a rule they made to keep you from running a bunch of supper mice?

And I guess Gen Gev force point would allow him to use something like Darth Sids ability. is that correct?
Sithborg
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 5:13:16 AM

No, it would allow the mouse to attack at +4. The issue would be that the DAMAGE is still 0, so it essentially does nothing.

Dark Master does not require a Force Rating, and a Force Rating is not required to use Force Points if they can access them from another source. It does make him eligible for Dark Inspiration, and subject to Jedi Hunter and other abilities.
K4ot1K
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 5:44:28 AM

So my next question is, if the mouse droid relays orders then, theoretically, he doesn't need to be within 6 squares to use CE, correct? If that is correct, he could be stronger in a squad with General Grievous, Supreme Commander, and Weequay Leader. This is the only Gen Grev I have so far.
So General Grievous, Supreme Commander would give him +4 and Double Attack, and Weequay Leader Would give him +10 Damage. At least that is how I am understanding this. Am I wrong?
StevenO
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 6:09:22 AM

K4ot1K wrote:
So my next question is, if the mouse droid relays orders then, theoretically, he doesn't need to be within 6 squares to use CE, correct? If that is correct, he could be stronger in a squad with General Grievous, Supreme Commander, and Weequay Leader. This is the only Gen Grev I have so far.
So General Grievous, Supreme Commander would give him +4 and Double Attack, and Weequay Leader Would give him +10 Damage. At least that is how I am understanding this. Am I wrong?

The big issue here is that as a Droid the Mouse Droid wouldn't get +10 damage from your Weequay Leader.

Now while you can give the mousedroid a nice attack bonus it usually doesn't help when stuck with zero damage because you can't combine fire or make AoO when you don't deal damage.
K4ot1K
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 6:18:28 AM

Ah, thats right because it's a droid so no CE. So they have not came out with a figure that will give a droid any damage?
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 7:08:40 AM

The Battle Droid Sergent's Roger, Roger increases the damage stat of all non-unique droids within 6 squares by 10. However, it only works on droids with a damage stat of 10 or greater.

As for the future, don't expect Mose Droids to be doing damage anytime soon. When Roger, Roger was first leaked, it did not have the "must do at least 10 damage already" clause. People preplaying with the new characters and abilities quickly discovered that a mouse droid swarm that could damage broke the game quite handily.
adidamps2
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 7:18:06 AM

EmporerDragon wrote:
The Battle Droid Sergent's Roger, Roger increases the damage stat of all non-unique droids within 6 squares by 10. However, it only works on droids with a damage stat of 10 or greater.

As for the future, don't expect Mose Droids to be doing damage anytime soon. When Roger, Roger was first leaked, it did not have the "must do at least 10 damage already" clause. People preplaying with the new characters and abilities quickly discovered that a mouse droid swarm that could damage broke the game quite handily.
I guess that measn we wont see Droid CE that provide cunning or oppurtinist anytime soon then?

crappy.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 7:24:04 AM

It's not an impossibility. The CE would just have to be worded in a way that the mouse droids wouldn't be eligible i.e. "Droid followers with a printed damage rating of 10 or greater gain Opportunist".
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 7:25:22 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

adidamps2 wrote:
EmporerDragon wrote:

I guess that measn we wont see Droid CE that provide cunning or oppurtinist anytime soon then?

crappy.

That would be really nasty unless it was limited to the weaker units somehow Scared
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 7:52:41 AM

K4ot1K wrote:

the mouse droid cant relay orders to himself, he would have to be within 6 of another mousie.
K4ot1K
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 7:58:58 AM

Ok, last theory on this, what if you use Mandalore the Ultimate to make the mouse a mandalorian, it is a SA not a CE. Then use someone else to give him damage?
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 8:10:32 AM

No.
he can become a mando through conscription, but he will not benefit from anything that issues damage, because he is a droid, so he couldnt get charging fire, momentum, careful shot, mighty swing, cunning attack, opportunist etc.
there is no other way to issue him damage, atleast not yet anyway. though he can get Grenades from the rodian trader.
juice man
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 9:45:36 AM

Sithborg wrote:
DarthJak wrote:

Incorrect. He isn't talking about the Battle Droid Sergeant.

Mouse Droids are always allowed to attack, it is just extremely pointless 99.9% of the time, as they don't have a damage rating. The +4 Atk from Greivious doesn't change this fact.

Greivious's Force Point gives him access to the 2 "unwritten" Force Powers found in the rulebook: a reroll or add 2 to his movement.

In what situation would that 00.1% Mouse Droid attack be useful ?
StevenO
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 10:13:53 AM

juice man wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

In what situation would that 00.1% Mouse Droid attack be useful ?

Mouse Droids have an attack but it's useful 0% of the time at present. I'd guess that if there is something that triggers just by getting targetted with a zero damage attack, Betrayal maybe, then there may be an effect but I can't think of any which could be called useful.

If a Mouse Droid could uses its zero damage attack to combine fire with something that actually deals damage then they, and some other utility droids, would be a LOT more dangerous.
K4ot1K
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 10:59:41 AM

Where do you find the rule update about the driod battle sergeant? I don't see it listed on his stats here. Will this rule be listed on the card?
Sithborg
Posted: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 11:04:31 AM

K4ot1K wrote:
Where do you find the rule update about the driod battle sergeant? I don't see it listed on his stats here. Will this rule be listed on the card?

It is in the rules insert, linked at the top.