RegisterDonateLogin

Is your only hope.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Talk about Audacity!!! Options
qvos
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 10:44:56 AM
Groups: Member

Well now I've seen it all.......

I came home from work early today to find this Dude in my driveway with a truck and trailer. He was trying to steal my 1975 Buick Regal (The Black dragon)!! All this in broad daylightCursing Cursing Cursing Cursing

Now I know times are tough and all but Common Man. now he was as surprised as I was. I'm a pretty Big guy with a massive tire arm coming at him. I let him go because I thought he might have a gun or something.. I got the Dragon back in the Garage for the winter

Talk about AUDACITY!!!!!!!!!!ThumbDown
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 10:50:13 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Wow. Glad you are okay. Get a license plate number?
ChuckaFett
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:08:29 AM
Groups: Member , Trade Moderator

Wow!
qvos
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:09:18 AM

No. the truck probably had one but the trailer did not have one. it was blocking the truck. If I was thinking, i would have done things differently. I was pumped up on adrenaline though. Heart beating fast..
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:16:29 AM

qvos wrote:
No. the truck probably had one but the trailer did not have one. it was blocking the truck. If I was thinking, i would have done things differently. I was pumped up on adrenaline though. Heart beating fast..

As someone who was mugged a month ago, that is okay. I felt terrible that I couldn't get a clear look at the thugs.
qvos
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:19:35 AM

sorry to hear that.. Did they have a gun or knife?
qvos
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:21:54 AM

When I lived in Brooklyn NY, My 3 roomates got mugged at gunpoint on the Brooklyn Bridge. I'm glad I wasn't there. You always think that You'll do some Kickbutt things but when the situation comes up, Its a different matter
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:23:21 AM

qvos wrote:

The held out a knife when I didn't drop the 2 liter of soda. They had already punched me in the face and knocked my glasses off. So between being dazed and no glasses, my hopes for the lineup the cops said they were trying to set up isn't too likely.
qvos
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:25:00 AM

Sithborg wrote:
qvos wrote:

The held out a knife when I didn't drop the 2 liter of soda. They had already punched me in the face and knocked my glasses off. So between being dazed and no glasses, my hopes for the lineup the cops said they were trying to set up isn't too likely.

Definately not cool. Glad something worse then getting punched, although not fun, happened. Did they get your wallet?
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:36:34 AM

Nope, just the pizzas and pop I was deliverying.
dnemiller
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 12:01:50 PM

well Qvos I am sorry you experienced that but the criminal was being smart.

Why was he being smart? Being a retired Law Enforcement Investigator gives you some crazy insight to what makes the perfect crime.

He was committing it. You fouled up the perfect crime.

Broad daylight is the perfect way to commit a crime. None of your neighbors would have noticed a thing if they were even home. They would have assumed that you sold your vehicle and the guys was there picking it up. They would not have been able to pick him out of a line up.

When car thieves steal cars from mall parking lots.... which ones do you think they steal???

The ones in the back???? Heck no people notice if someone is getting in them they assume something fishy.

They go for the ones on the front row and steal them with a lot full of folks. Simply because folks will look it happening and say to themselves "Noone would steal a car right here in front of me" They then dismiss it and when asked to recall any info they cannot because they just dismissed the whole incident.

I am glad you got home at the right time. But remember dont ever apply your logic to how a criminal works. Because he is using your logic as a weapon.

Most people think most home burglary's occur at night. That is just dumb. They happen while you are at work. Why would a criminal want to confront you to steal your stuff??? he doesnt. So he waits for you to go to work.

Want to see what a criminal will never do. Watch those stupid commericals for the broadband security system. I laugh my butt off everytime I see one of those. No criminal does what they show in those commercials.
Cordova
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 12:06:35 PM

Shiz man, that's harsh.

My mates got mugged in an underpass on a night out. I was fortunately around a corner, somewhat indisposed...

But still, it's a scary thing to happen. All I get is ridiculous chavs who try to be hard but who buckle under a glare and cleverly delivered witticism.
kenred2
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 12:07:52 PM

That's quite the insight Dean, it makes us wonder how far will the people step down this low to steal such things. I know that the economy is tough, and all of us have to live with it the best that we can. Sorry to hear what happen to you Qvos and Sithborg... something like that just makes me so angry how people's intention to attack those who are defenseless for their own personal benefit! Cursing
qvos
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 12:18:35 PM

Excellent insight indeed.. As a matter of fact There was a house for sale 2 houses down. one day, a trailer pulls up .. The neighbor across the street thought they were doing work on the house. The house sold to somone from out of state site unseen. The Furnace, waterheater and all the copper plumbing was gone.. Cut right to the cement floor in the basement. The new owner was pissed. Broad daylight!!
qvos
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 12:21:52 PM

kenred2 wrote:
That's quite the insight Dean, it makes us wonder how far will the people step down this low to steal such things. I know that the economy is tough, and all of us have to live with it the best that we can. Sorry to hear what happen to you Qvos and Sithborg... something like that just makes me so angry how people's intention to attack those who are defenseless for their own personal benefit! Cursing

whats sad is that i think of myself as a tough guy, Ive trained for years working out , lifting ect.. But it really doesn't matter how tough you are. One clown with a gun is all it takes. When I lived in NYC, I always carried 2 wallets. One had my normal stuff and the other was a wallet with just a 20 dollar bill in case I got mugged. I never thought I'D have to do that at My HouseHuh
Squid89
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 8:37:01 AM

What a story! Unbelievable how far some people will go. Glad to hear you are OK and he did not get away with it. Hopefully, the neighborhood will perk up the vigilance a bit more and keep him and others from wanting to return. It is hard to think what I might do in a situation like that or even if someone did that at a neighbor's house. I know a few well enough to know if something like that was expected and legit, but some I just don't know.
qvos
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 8:52:32 AM

Squid89 wrote:
What a story! Unbelievable how far some people will go. Glad to hear you are OK and he did not get away with it. Hopefully, the neighborhood will perk up the vigilance a bit more and keep him and others from wanting to return. It is hard to think what I might do in a situation like that or even if someone did that at a neighbor's house. I know a few well enough to know if something like that was expected and legit, but some I just don't know.

Thanks. I guess I worry most about my wife...I told her if she ever comes home and someone is robbing us, just keep driving and call me and 911. Its scary out thereCursing
kenred2
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 9:04:15 AM

Someone should setup a neighborhood watch, if not already...
qvos
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 9:24:21 AM

kenred2 wrote:
Someone should setup a neighborhood watch, if not already...

Good Idea, And The area we live in isn't that bad. We live in the suburbs of Detroit, near the Dearborn area. I think that in our little area neighbors are to themselves. They work 9 to 5 and get home and You never see em. Tine to watch now.. I'm gonna set a surveillance camera.
SquelchDog
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2010 2:43:04 AM

Sithborg wrote:
Nope, just the pizzas and pop I was deliverying.

Sorry to read that bud Sad I used to do the Pizza delivery thing when I was younger. How are you doing now you ok?