RegisterDonateLogin

Roger, Roger!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

"allies" for team skirmishes Options
kfc's waiting for you
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 6:37:09 AM
Groups: Member

If two different factions are on the same team, do commander effects cross over to either faction?

we quite often do team games and we play it that commander effects don't cross over.

the reason i'm asking is that one of the guys we play with noticed on Chuck's minimanager in the glossary of tearms:

"Ally/Allied character: a character in the same squad. In team skirmishes, allies include characters in a teammates squad."

Roque Saber
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 6:50:19 AM

That's pretty much up to the players. If both teams agree that "allied" CE's affect both squads, it's fine.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 7:22:39 AM

If a commander effect affects allies, it will affect eligible characters on teammate's squads.

If it affects followers or characters on your squad, it is limited to your squad only.
Mickey
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 2:31:31 PM

We were discussing this a couple of weeks ago since one of the guys is wanting to host a team event. We found one mention of team skirmshes in the rule book on page 31 if that helps. Basically what little was stated was summed up in EmporerDragon's reply. There was a little more mention on the sequence of the turns.
kfc's waiting for you
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 4:44:50 PM

I just checked the rulebook.

it also says that both players run the same faction for each team, which we don't do (simply because we own small collections, not many faction double-ups). If we do team up with someone running the same faction then we do allow all commander effects as usual.

I do like the idea of "allies" crossing over but "followers" and "own squad" not.
Mickey
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2010 4:05:59 AM

I would say when you are playing for fun the rules are what you make them to have a good time Woot
Ruhk
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2010 5:37:03 AM

Just make sure whatever rule you make is agreed upon by all.
I'm a big fan of 'allies include your teammates squad'. But you gotta set that clear in the beginning so everyone knows when building squads. Just so no one has a unfair advantage.
joelker41
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2010 6:28:23 AM

We always do allies and follower CEs transfer but characters in your squad CEs like Nom don't. Also tempo control only works on the one ally with them in it.
kezzamachine
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2010 9:27:41 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

We played recently wi' two separate factions per team, and we played your commander effects were your own. I thought of it like we are two separate armies joining together for a short while... again, its what you all agree on. Plus the other team had some mammoth CEs and we didn't so much... hmmm.