RegisterDonateLogin

Bloo Five standing by.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Question About (Final Shot) Options
Darth Percocet
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 2:20:26 PM
Groups: Member

Ok the deff. for final shot is

Replaces turn: this character makes an attack with +30 Damage against a character with 50 Hit Points or less remaining

Now my question is, i know its a SA but would you be able to use Twin with this SA? I see it as sorta like Charging Fire & Charging Assult on where twin can be used during the turn you use them 2 SA's that replace turn. & seeing as this is your making an attack, would you be able to use twin? Thanx who answer this.
Mandelmauler
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 2:30:17 PM

The twin SA permits a second attack on the same target as the first attack. Whenever you get one attack, twin gives you another.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 2:33:11 PM

Mandelmauler wrote:
The twin SA permits a second attack on the same target as the first attack. Whenever you get one attack, twin gives you another.

yea thats pretty much what i figured. like i said i know you can use twin on turns with charging fire & charging assult & those SA's allow you to make an attack, so seeing as this does too, then how im seeing it Twin would also allow you to make another attack. Thanx for the answer, just wanted to be sure ya know.
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 2:39:30 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

However, just like Probscubis, the damage bonus only applies to the first shot. Twin on Final Shot is nearly useless most of the time.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 2:43:03 PM

Sithborg wrote:
However, just like Probscubis, the damage bonus only applies to the first shot. Twin on Final Shot is nearly useless most of the time.

Ok so what would the 2nd shot be? for 0 damage? or the damage printed on the figures card?
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 2:47:47 PM

The immediate attack from Twin would use the exact same stats used on any other attack. Final Shot gives a damage bonus to one shot, just like Princess Leia's CE.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 2:49:58 PM

Sithborg wrote:
The immediate attack from Twin would use the exact same stats used on any other attack. Final Shot gives a damage bonus to one shot, just like Princess Leia's CE.

Oh ok i see, well yea i see what you mean by useless most of the time, Now, on this ability that replaces turn? Are you able to use other SA's stacked onto this ability such as Oppurtunist, Cunning, Bounty Hunter Etc.?
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 2:55:59 PM

Yes, because again, it produces an attack, albeit it has a limitation on the target and comes with a damage boost. It is just like Jedi Hunter working with Greivious's Blaster 20.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 3:02:39 PM

Sithborg wrote:
Yes, because again, it produces an attack, albeit it has a limitation on the target and comes with a damage boost. It is just like Jedi Hunter working with Greivious's Blaster 20.

Alright, its actually not a bad thing to do then, but i see what you mean by most of the times useless again, now if someone has 50 hp, & ur fig without any other bonus',printed 20 dam & they use final shot, & then twin for 20 damage after you can do 50 damage, But only if they have 50 damage remaining, on a fig with 40 damage left & your fig with this ability has twin & also 20 printed dam on card, your better off just attacking so your not replacing turns. So yea i see exactly what you mean now.

Thanx again Sithborg, always on the money with answers & always help a brother out, thanx buddy
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 3:07:02 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I thought he meant it's useless because Final Shot will usually kill the person so the 2nd shot isn't needed. Although if the first shot misses, you'd still get a 2nd chance with Twin but then you wouldn't get the damage bonus on that shot.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 3:14:28 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
I thought he meant it's useless because Final Shot will usually kill the person so the 2nd shot isn't needed. Although if the first shot misses, you'd still get a 2nd chance with Twin but then you wouldn't get the damage bonus on that shot.

Well also look at it like this, Final Shot can only be used on someone who has 50 HP or less. Lets say you have a fig with final shot & twin, 20 printed damage on card,with no other abilities to add damage to your fig. & the figure you wanna use final shot has 50 Hp left, then the twin would be useful on that because your able to use final shot which is 30 damage, & on the 2nd attack from twin you would get another attack for 20 damage, so you would do a total of 50 damage. So you would kill the figure rather than do regular twin getting only 40 dam possibly out.

Now lets says your using this ability on someone like rex who has the 50 hp left & he is left to activate, then it would make more sense to try taking him out with final shot, rather than regular twin & leaving him with 10 hp left to where he's gonna double & twin on you ha, ya know. So i see what Sithborg meant by useless most of the time. The rarity of you running into the usefulness of these 2 abilities is gonna be less than when you wouldnt have to use both.
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 3:19:00 PM

You are misreading final shot. It produces an attack at +30 damage, a damage bonus. Dengar's damage is 20, 20 + 30 = a shot for 50 Dam, thus why Twin is redundant when using it, unless you fear the first shot will be evaded/deflected.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 3:22:36 PM

Sithborg wrote:
You are misreading final shot. It produces an attack at +30 damage, a damage bonus. Dengar's damage is 20, 20 + 30 = a shot for 50 Dam, thus why Twin is redundant when using it, unless you fear the first shot will be evaded/deflected.

OOOOOOO, i thought it was an ability when used its only producing 30 damage, kinda how other abilities simular, some you will only make an attack at what the ability damage is giving, i didnt know its combined on the single attack with the damage on the stat card. ooo ok, haha, 1 more question Sithborg.

How do you put up with me honestly haha? Nah all jokes aside thanx dude for always answering my questions & cleaning up the mistakes i have & 1 thing you never do is critisize dude, will say that about you
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2010 10:31:57 AM

Just thought I would let you know that we now have the complete wording for Final Shot.

http://www.swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=7999&p=91424#p91424

So, some of what has been said here is null and void.
dnemiller
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2010 10:39:21 AM

yes final shot does not replace turn. It is just Deadeye on Steroids!!!