RegisterDonateLogin

Has brought peace, freedom, and security to the new Empire.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Carbondale IL - DT Release Events - Feb 6th and 13th Options
Mickey
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2010 3:50:47 AM
Groups: Member

How did the event go?
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2010 3:58:40 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Boris wrote:
Sorry I wasn't able to make it over today. The wife wanted to go out for Valentine's today instead of tomorrow. I'm looking forward to Egyptian Campaign, or whatever it's being called these days! BigGrin

Understandable Boris. Plus I saw that you managed to play minis anyway ThumpUp
Look forward to seeing you at Egypt Wars in April.

We had exactly 8 players, so it worked out well. 3 rounds with a clear winner and plenty of prizes to go around. IG-88 AD and Ferus proved to be unstoppable. Dengar was quite nasty as well. I had a really fun game against Carl that hinged on one key miss, or my Merumeru would have had plenty of HP to face off against Dengar at the end.

Congrats to Matt on his win, and once more for pulling the last VR he needed from the set out of a booster in the parking lot as we were leaving. Lucky!
tx3252
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2010 3:58:54 AM

Mickey wrote:
How did the event go?

The event was a blast. Eight people showed up to play, just enough for a full case of prize support. Carl won, I finished second, and Kristen and Seth were 3rd and 4th. Thanks to a couple of trades, choosing Jax Pavan from the prize support, and a booster that got me Das Jennir, I was able to complete my set. Overall, a great day.
Boris
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2010 5:03:09 AM

swinefeld wrote:
Boris wrote:
Sorry I wasn't able to make it over today. The wife wanted to go out for Valentine's today instead of tomorrow. I'm looking forward to Egyptian Campaign, or whatever it's being called these days! BigGrin

Understandable Boris. Plus I saw that you managed to play minis anyway ThumpUp
Look forward to seeing you at Egypt Wars in April.

Yes, we had a nice lunch out and then she went shopping while I got my Star Wars minis fix for the week. Tongue
Mickey
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2010 12:28:04 PM

I'm glad it went well. I wish we had been able to go. I'm lucky if I get to play once or twice a month. I've got to get the boy to play more on the weekends.
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 1:49:07 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

tx3252 wrote:
Mickey wrote:
How did the event go?

The event was a blast. Eight people showed up to play, just enough for a full case of prize support. Carl won, I finished second, and Kristen and Seth were 3rd and 4th. Thanks to a couple of trades, choosing Jax Pavan from the prize support, and a booster that got me Das Jennir, I was able to complete my set. Overall, a great day.

Ha, I thought you won... my memory is always mush after tourneys...

Well you still played very very well. Sorry I didn't manage to beat Carl, or it would have been the two of us playing for 1st BigGrin
tx3252
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 2:57:35 AM

swinefeld wrote:
tx3252 wrote:
Mickey wrote:
How did the event go?

Ha, I thought you won... my memory is always mush after tourneys...

Well you still played very very well. Sorry I didn't manage to beat Carl, or it would have been the two of us playing for 1st BigGrin

No problem. We pretty much posted our replies at the exact same time. It was a blast though. I came to really like Ferus' Dark Temptation force ability. ThumpUp It is truly a sick ability when ysed at the right moment.