RegisterDonateLogin

Will be with you always.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

A couple of things I noticed on my first squad build... Options
beemoney19
Posted: Saturday, February 13, 2010 11:01:17 PM
Groups: Member

First off, love the sight. Great job!

Two things I noticed that could enhance this great site. The first I noticed when creating my collection. I just recently got into building my own collection and am going through online dealers with lots and singles. This method means I'm getting figures that are a mix of different expansions. It would be helpful if the expansion/set symbols were used in addition to the set names, at the very least on the main My Collection screen when in View by Set mode. I haven't yet memorized which symbol is which set, so it's kinda tricky figuring out which clone trooper I have just based on it's stat card which only has the symbol, not the set name or abbreviation.

Second, when my friends and I play, we use lined paper to keep track of our unit hit points remaining. This can get tedious writing down our roster everytime. Would it be possible to have a print view of our squads, similar to Easy Copy/Paste, that lists each individual unit; instead of "Stormtrooper x3" it would display:
Stormtrooper 1
Stormtrooper 2
Stormtrooper 3

And maybe each unit's starting HP? So:
Imperial Knight 1___________70
Imperial Knight 2___________70
Stormtrooper 1_____________10
Stormtrooper 2_____________10
Stormtrooper 3_____________10

This way I could print out a sheet of my squad for a game and use it to track each unit's HP?

Only things I can think of to improve this killer site.
Demosthenes
Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2010 1:57:44 AM

One thing that could make tracking your units' HP easier is to use a 6-sided die placed on top of their stat card. Each time they take damage, flip the die to whatever damage they have on them (the number 1 = 10 damage, 2 = 20 damage, and so on). If they go above 60 damage, just use another die. I also use another color die to indicate the number of force points they have. Just a thought. =)
juice man
Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2010 2:22:47 AM

Check out the Off Topic section - What weird items used for SWM.....
for some other ideas.
beemoney19
Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2010 7:21:32 AM

Thanks for the feedback. The problem we run into in my games is a lack of surface (and sometimes seating). We play big 4+ player games on a single map, usually 300 pts. We usually play at one of our homes, which means the home of a single guy in his 20's. I don't think we'd have the space/surface to lay out all of our cards and then have enough dice for everyone use. That's why paper caught on with us, easier to shape/fold for small spaces, no fear of knocking over or spilling.
creme_brule
Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2010 9:34:21 AM

beemoney19 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. The problem we run into in my games is a lack of surface (and sometimes seating). We play big 4+ player games on a single map, usually 300 pts. We usually play at one of our homes, which means the home of a single guy in his 20's. I don't think we'd have the space/surface to lay out all of our cards and then have enough dice for everyone use. That's why paper caught on with us, easier to shape/fold for small spaces, no fear of knocking over or spilling.

its actually not that hard to do; just place each card of your squad on top of each other, leaving about 3/4-1 inch sace between cards, leaving just enough room for dice or such :)
juice man
Posted: Sunday, February 14, 2010 2:52:42 PM

How about TV trays from a second hand store?
Maybe some milk crates with some wood on top?
(just don't bump them (ooops))
LoboStele
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 2:21:44 AM

You can always copy the squad from the current squad builder pages, then paste it into TextPad or MS Word or something like that. Then just hit Tab a couple times, and add in the HP for each unit. Then print out your text file and voila! Squad with HP.