SquelchDog
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 3:00:55 AM
Groups: Member

Squelchy's BBQ Grill. BigGrin

Woot
LoboStele
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 3:08:04 AM

LOL, mine looked worse than that up till Saturday. We finally got back above freezing this past weekend. But we'd had almost a full month below 32, and about 24" of snow during that time. My poor grill. Couldn't hardly see it on the back porch, haha.
SquelchDog
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 3:14:20 AM

Awesome isn't it? I love New York winter's!!! ThumbsUp

We are supposed to have a mix of rain and snow like the rest of this week and a little next week. We may be in trouble. Scared Oh well I love it. Woot Had to plow twice so far, got my son pushing a snow shovel as we speak. he he he Laugh
SquelchDog
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 3:17:54 AM

LoboStele wrote:
LOL, mine looked worse than that up till Saturday. We finally got back above freezing this past weekend. But we'd had almost a full month below 32, and about 24" of snow during that time. My poor grill. Couldn't hardly see it on the back porch, haha.

Woo Hoo! BigGrin I'm just hoping we don't lose power. ThumbDown
Dr. Destructo
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 5:39:13 AM

livin' near Detroit all my life, I feel your pain. Got 8in of snow just this past Monday. Seriously, Nov-March we get nothing, but sub-freezing temps and gray. Can't wait 'till April.
Zalkrie
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 10:16:55 PM

Feelin your pain John......we got missed the storm last night here in Baltimore, but still might get 3-8 between today and tonight. Thank god it warmed up this past weekend and melted some of the 50+ inches we had on the ground. I actually had to try and shovel some of it off the roof because I was worried about the weight.
SquelchDog
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2010 8:12:15 AM

Dr. Destructo wrote:
sub-freezing temps and gray. Can't wait 'till April.

Near Detroit, oh man, I bet you really, really, really, can't wait for April. Wink

SquelchDog
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2010 8:14:41 AM

Zalkrie wrote:
Feelin your pain John......we got missed the storm last night here in Baltimore, but still might get 3-8 between today and tonight. Thank god it warmed up this past weekend and melted some of the 50+ inches we had on the ground. I actually had to try and shovel some of it off the roof because I was worried about the weight.

50+ Scared Now that's some snow!!! Oh ya, I would have been worried about my roof too.
Zalkrie
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:20:11 PM

SquelchDog wrote:
50+ Scared Now that's some snow!!! Oh ya, I would have been worried about my roof too.

Especially when we normally only get about 6-10 inches a winter!!
SquelchDog
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2010 11:05:12 PM

Zalkrie wrote:
SquelchDog wrote:

Especially when we normally only get about 6-10 inches a winter!!

So you should be done with snow for the next 5 years then. Wink Any idea how many snow records were broken?
Darth Percocet
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 3:21:54 AM

Yea we got the wrath of the same storms in philly. So far we broke our all time record for a single season of snow which was 61 back in 96.. we reached 65 already & that was 2 weeks ago, we just got another 6-8 inches today, its gettin ridiculous lol its messin with my trade schedules...
Zalkrie
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 3:47:53 AM

SquelchDog wrote:
So you should be done with snow for the next 5 years then. Wink Any idea how many snow records were broken?

We shattered the all time record for February, and if I am not mistaken, we have broken the record for most snow for a season all time. Over 80 inches total for the season.....We were lucky here in Baltimore with this storm. We only got about 2-4 inches or so.......The farmers almanac says we are due another big storm in early March. I sure hope it is wrong!!
SquelchDog
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 9:58:35 AM

Darth Percocet wrote:
Yea we got the wrath of the same storms in philly. So far we broke our all time record for a single season of snow which was 61 back in 96.. we reached 65 already & that was 2 weeks ago, we just got another 6-8 inches today, its gettin ridiculous lol its messin with my trade schedules...

Ouch! Scared I have a buddy in Carlise PA, and he said his neighbor's were losing their minds.
SquelchDog
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 10:02:08 AM

Zalkrie wrote:
SquelchDog wrote:

We shattered the all time record for February, and if I am not mistaken, we have broken the record for most snow for a season all time. Over 80 inches total for the season.....We were lucky here in Baltimore with this storm. We only got about 2-4 inches or so.......The farmers almanac says we are due another big storm in early March. I sure hope it is wrong!!

"I sure hope it is wrong!!"<----------- No doubt!

Man, what's up with the east coast this year?!?! I haven't seen weather this bad here since I was a kid.
obsidian7788
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 3:04:36 PM

SquelchDog wrote:

We are supposed to have a mix of rain and snow like the rest of this week and a little next week. We may be in trouble. Scared Oh well I love it. Woot Had to plow twice so far, got my son pushing a snow shovel as we speak. he he he Laugh

what part of new york. central new york, we def got slammed out here. took the liberty of making a snow cave.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 3:53:17 PM

Heh, here in South Dakota, we've had about 100 inches (only slightly above average) total this season and it's almost all still here.

I have to admit though, I do get a chuckle whenever I see the news reports of "snowmageddon 09/10" describing how screwed the eastern seaboard is when here in the midwest, the same weather would be called "Tuesday".
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 3:57:23 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

LoboStele wrote:

And to think I missed all that fun in Ohio and had to move to California where we just had 70-80F for the last couple weeks. Cool
Drat!
DarthJak
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 1:02:07 AM

I'm glad we got a snow blower in the summer.ThumpUp
I'm really glad my wife figured out how to use it.ThumbsUp

looks cold out thereFlapper
SquelchDog
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 3:43:56 AM

obsidian7788 wrote:
SquelchDog wrote:

what part of new york. central new york, we def got slammed out here. took the liberty of making a snow cave.

Just outside of Albany, snow caves, w00t w00t! ThumbsUp
SquelchDog
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 3:45:31 AM

EmporerDragon wrote:
Heh, here in South Dakota, we've had about 100 inches (only slightly above average) total this season and it's almost all still here.

I have to admit though, I do get a chuckle whenever I see the news reports of "snowmageddon 09/10" describing how screwed the eastern seaboard is when here in the midwest, the same weather would be called "Tuesday".

"Tuesday" <-------- LOL That's a good one! Laugh