RegisterDonateLogin

Powerful you have become, the Bloo Milk I sense in you.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

VOXYN! (other ideas are welcome) Options
shatterpoint7
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 6:20:40 AM
Groups: Member

Voxyn cost 41
hp 100
df 19
at 10
dm 20
Special Abilities
Unique.
Melee Attack.
Force Immunity (Enemies cannot affect this character with Force powers, or spend Force points to reroll attacks against this character or to respond to this character's attacks and abilities)
Jedi Hunter (+4 Attack and +10 Damage against enemies with a Force rating.)
Poison +20 (+20 Damage to living enemy; save 11)
Speed 8
Squad Assault (+4 Attack while 3 allies with the same name as this character are within 6 squares)
Paralysis (A living enemy hit by this character's attack is considered activated this round; save 11) Spit Poison 30 (Replaces attacks: range 6; 30 damage to target living enemy; save 16)
Sonic Screech (Replaces turn: All characters within 6 squares are considered activated this round, save 16)
Regeneration 10 (If this character doesn't move on his turn, remove 10 damage from him at the end of that turn)

abilties taken out
Controlled Savagery (If initiative roll is 5 or lower, this character gains Savage (This character must end its move next to an enemy if it can and does not benefit from commander effects) for the remainder of the round)
Toxic Blood (If this character is damaged by an adjacent living enemy, the attacker takes 20 damage, save 6)
Roque Saber
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 6:29:03 AM

It seems very, very complicated. IMO, that's way too many SA's for one character (and too much text for one card!). Although some of your custom SA's are creative, I don't they are all necessary to capture the flavor of the piece. So my advice would be to find which SA's are not needed and then remove them.
shatterpoint7
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 6:44:16 AM

i can definitly see how its too complicated, but its hard to figure out which ones to take out. the voxyn and grievous i made were both very complicated.
Damore
Posted: Monday, March 8, 2010 8:24:33 AM

I like the idea. With the high cost I would remove Squad Assault because I don't see it getting to use that ability in most games. I can see how it would be hard to make a good Voxyn piece. Maybe that is why we have not gotten one.
saber1
Posted: Monday, March 8, 2010 3:21:10 PM

I'm thinking less is more. While many of the SAs you included are applicable, not all are necessary to capture the flavor of the character. Determine which are necessary for the Voxyn you want to create and go from there.
CC-23478
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 8:12:46 AM

Hmmm...rather than Jedi Hunter and Controlled Savage give it something like the following:

Force Hatred:
This character gets +6 attack and +20 damage against enemies with a force rating. This character must end it's move adjecent to an enemy with a force rating if possible.)

Maybe take out the spit poison if you're going to use Poison +20, just to even that out a bit.

The combo of poison +20 and Paralysis could equal a lot of saves and slow down the game, so you might want to combine them into one ability with one save or something like that.

Maybe give it synergy for Voxyn rather than squad assault, so that it comes into play more...