RegisterDonateLogin

The possibility of successfully navigating this site is approximately 3,720 to one.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Things that don't add up in the EU of SW Options
carnorjax1
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 12:28:34 PM
Groups: Member

Big Eu killer is the new CW cartoons, they really screw up the EU as we know it. Examples: Mandalorians; Grievous; Durge; Planets; Felucians and the list goes on

Jacen's fight with Mara really kept me in suspense, I liked it. (We all know Jacen has no dueling skills and has to cheat to win though, grumble Mara grumble Kyle) Jacen's fight with Jaina was so one-sided, it wasn't even good.

I dislike Dark Empire, maybe it's the wonky art or the duels that last one swing of a lightsaber. I did like how Crimson Empire tied in with it though.

Quinlan Vos: can't wait to see what happens to him.

Shaak Ti: Must be part cat, becuase I've seen her die like 5 times now.

Labyrinth of Evil: Ok book, but it completely contradicts the old CW cartoons.

Jedi Purge: 900 years old, and Yoda still can't count, or maybe he's just getting senile. 2 Jedi left? I think not, more like 35-45 as I count it.

Legacy: Cool concept, but Asharad living for 100 plus years is kind of far fetched. Unless he unlocked Aneddu or Plagueis' Holocrons(haven't read all the Legacy)

ROTS/ CW EU, but still full of holes, such as:
ANAKIN fighting every battle of the Clone Wars!!! Jeez, give him a rest Lucas RollEyes

Palps fight, gee Mace, taking 3 of the best masters with you as backup, good idea, except they only lasted 5 seconds!!! Zett Jukassa woulda lasted longer then them

Ki Adi: Beaten by 3 clones, you should be ashamed
Aayla: Ditto
Plo: One of the best Pilots in the Order, but he can't shake a single ARC-170?
Barris: Fair enough, hard to dodge a tank blast
Luminara: See Aayla
Anakin: Actually believed Palps' BS story, yeah, he's just a feeble old man, didya notice the 3 Jedi Master bodies laying in his office???

That's the end of my EU rant, thank you and goodnight.

Darth Kaotik
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 2:04:48 PM

carnorjax1 wrote:
Big Eu killer is the new CW cartoons, they really screw up the EU as we know it. Examples: Mandalorians; Grievous; Durge; Planets; Felucians and the list goes on

Jacen's fight with Mara really kept me in suspense, I liked it. (We all know Jacen has no dueling skills and has to cheat to win though, grumble Mara grumble Kyle) Jacen's fight with Jaina was so one-sided, it wasn't even good.

I dislike Dark Empire, maybe it's the wonky art or the duels that last one swing of a lightsaber. I did like how Crimson Empire tied in with it though.

Jedi Purge: 900 years old, and Yoda still can't count, or maybe he's just getting senile. 2 Jedi left? I think not, more like 35-45 as I count it.

Legacy: Cool concept, but Asharad living for 100 plus years is kind of far fetched. Unless he unlocked Aneddu or Plagueis' Holocrons(haven't read all the Legacy)

ANAKIN fighting every battle of the Clone Wars!!! Jeez, give him a rest Lucas RollEyes

Palps fight, gee Mace, taking 3 of the best masters with you as backup, good idea, except they only lasted 5 seconds!!! Zett Jukassa woulda lasted longer then them

Anakin: Actually believed Palps' BS story, yeah, he's just a feeble old man, didya notice the 3 Jedi Master bodies laying in his office???

LMAO!!! That was awesome! I couldn't have said it better if I tried.
Wysten
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 6:53:16 PM

Quote:

To be fair, Ki Adi and Plo were in the middle of a raging battle, naither were prepaired for the backing army to turn on them. Ki was practically right in the middle of it Battle Droids and clones, so aside from throwing himself over the bridge, not much else he could have done.

The clones were made to kill because their mind was blank and calcative, not to mention having fought a war with them as comrades for 3 years, most of the Jedi could not sense their intentions until it was well too late. Obi-Wan was just lucky and Yoda was able to piece it together quickly enough. Yoda was right to say that they were the last of the Jedi, as far as he was aware, whoever else was left was not in a postion to contest that.
Lobotnik
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 9:22:37 PM

EmporerDragon wrote:
Lobotnik wrote:

In Episode II the Kaminoans say the first batch of 200,000 is ready with a full 1,000,000 for the whole order.

Three things to note:

1) They say units, not clones. What a unit is is never defined; It could be a single clone, it could be a clone battalion, but it's never mentioned.

2) It's never stated that the batch is the entire production line, it could be just Tipoca City's

3) Ryan Kaufman, one of the people in charge of SW continuity has said that LFL decreed that the exact size of the army would not be given, but confirmed that it was over 3,000,000.

I stand corrected. I did not pick up on the "units" thing. It just always struck me as a ridiclulously small number, even 3,000,000 does - I know he says it's bigger than that though, don't worry ;)

carnorjax1 wrote:

That is just about the funniest thing I have read all month! It's so true. I does annoy me how much GL dismisses the EU. In one interview he laughed at the concept of Luke being married and the Solos having children and simply stated that for him there was nothing beyond RotJ so none of it mattered! I was a little disgusted.

Obviously the story would continue and as stated by other he has included so much from the EU previously, why not try and live in harmony with it?

Also, wannabe mexican the Bothans are covered in Shadows of the Empire, probably the best EU book. They do become a bit too despised in the EU considering how they started off as heroes.

wannabe mexican
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 10:27:58 PM

I haven't read Shadows of the Empire in years. Maybe I will read it again then.
carnorjax1
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 2:55:23 AM

Wysten wrote:
Quote:

To be fair, Ki Adi and Plo were in the middle of a raging battle, naither were prepaired for the backing army to turn on them. Ki was practically right in the middle of it Battle Droids and clones, so aside from throwing himself over the bridge, not much else he could have done.

The clones were made to kill because their mind was blank and calcative, not to mention having fought a war with them as comrades for 3 years, most of the Jedi could not sense their intentions until it was well too late. Obi-Wan was just lucky and Yoda was able to piece it together quickly enough. Yoda was right to say that they were the last of the Jedi, as far as he was aware, whoever else was left was not in a postion to contest that.

Aayla may deserve a break only becuase she was shot in the back, but Ki Adi watched the clones stop, aim, and fire. He only managed to deflect like 2 shots. As soon as the Arc started firing, he had like 7 seconds where he evaded it, he could have done a number of things. Leaped out, used the force to enhance his speed, barrel rolled, etc.

Shadows is a great book, one of the better EU books in the SW world. Funny how Lucas scoffs at the EU and disclaims it, even though it makes him millions of $$$
pitcherstar
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 3:29:18 AM

Wysten wrote:
Yoda was right to say that they were the last of the Jedi, as far as he was aware, whoever else was left was not in a postion to contest that.

The guy is the most powerful jedi in the order and he couldn't sense 1 of the upteen jedi that were left???

And don't give me that b.s. about the dark side clouding things. That's just a dum excuse on waaay too many levels.
qvos
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 12:30:35 PM

carnorjax1 wrote:
Wysten wrote:
Quote:

Aayla may deserve a break only becuase she was shot in the back, but Ki Adi watched the clones stop, aim, and fire. He only managed to deflect like 2 shots. As soon as the Arc started firing, he had like 7 seconds where he evaded it, he could have done a number of things. Leaped out, used the force to enhance his speed, barrel rolled, etc.

Shadows is a great book, one of the better EU books in the SW world. Funny how Lucas scoffs at the EU and disclaims it, even though it makes him millions of $$$

Agreed.. How can GL totally dismiss the EU when his pocketbook is filled with the credits from itSmile .
Also, I think it takes away from Anakin's last meeting with Dookoo in front of Palps when they run into each other during the CW Cartoon. When Anakin says, "My powers have doubled since the last time we met".. It was nice thinking that the last time they met was on Geonosis when Anikan lost part of his arm. I might be nitpickin though.
Darth Kaotik
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 12:46:47 PM

You aren't nit picking, that makes perfect sense to me.
The real kick in the shins with the EU is the.........clones.
Jango Fetts....Clones. How NO ONE in the jedi order smelled something fishy with having an entire army of the Bounty Hunters (Who kills Jedi) clones were welcomed to the Republic with no questions asked.
Where was Yodas Wisdom with that one?
carnorjax1
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 1:20:47 PM

Darth Kaotik wrote:
You aren't nit picking, that makes perfect sense to me.
The real kick in the shins with the EU is the.........clones.
Jango Fetts....Clones. How NO ONE in the jedi order smelled something fishy with having an entire army of the Bounty Hunters (Who kills Jedi) clones were welcomed to the Republic with no questions asked.
Where was Yodas Wisdom with that one?

He just give his usual cop-out answer: "The dark side clouds everything." Please. Is the dark side clouding your eyes too Yoda, or are you just too blind to see that your next door neighbor is the Sith Lord you've been looking for?

By ROTS, the clones are so unique that they are hardly clones anymore. They all have names and stylized helmets, and wacky hair cuts and beards, that all look like some kid went out of control with his playdoh. Whatever happened to Trooper THX-1138, you don't just hear officers saying "Manuel, why aren't you at your post?"
Darth Kaotik
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 1:36:43 PM

Lol!! Pla Doh! Thats too good right there man, Ill have to remember that one
rundummy
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 9:26:51 PM

I think I've read of two other different agents or groups of agents getting the plans for the Death Star besides Bothans...was it Servant to the Empire or something when Kyle gets them??

I think the original trilogy idea that Luke was almost the last WAS great but the fact that there's heaps of these guys hiding all over the place is realistic but takes the gloss of the magical nature of the whole story.

And clones killing jedi?? But they can still hardly put a scratch on them in the minis games, worthless little blighters...:)