Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 7:17:26 AM
Groups: Member

Cay Qel-Droma

Cost:39

HP:120
Def:20
Att:+13
Dam:20

SA:Melee Attack, Double Attack, LS Duelist, Affinity (Ulic), Ataru Style Mastery

Force:1 Renewal 1
LS Assualt
LS Def

I think he is ok at the +12 attack only getting a boost by expensive means (malak). I also wanted him to be a DD with Ulic so i costed him at 39 he is quite comparable to Kol -10 HP -1 Def -2 Attack -push, +LS Defense +Assualt + Ataru Style Mastery +1 cost. I think he is great! OR could really use a great mid range guy like him.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
PhageLab
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 7:38:47 AM

I think he might be undercosted because of LS Def and Ataru Mastery but there are those better at costing than myself. Looks cool other than that though.
SquelchDog
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 4:24:47 PM

PhageLab wrote:
I think he might be undercosted because of LS Def and Ataru Mastery but there are those better at costing than myself. Looks cool other than that though.

I agree, he does look a little under-costed. Maybe something mid 40's. Just a thought. He really does look cool! Cool Nice Job. Smile
jastermereel85
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2010 2:33:24 AM

How would you word the Rapport with Ulic? Is this figure intending to allow a smorgasboard of OR, Sith, and Mandos in one team?

Just curious. I can't believe they haven't really made this character yet...Nice work!
Weeks
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2010 5:43:28 AM

He is very unlikely to ever get his ataru style off though GMY has swap, throw, and doombot helping him to get his off so it becomes more of a antistrategy for your opponent when facing cay. Cay will let you bring in ulic from the sith faction and ulics ce will work for mandos i dont see it being an issue when you pay 100 points for cay+ulic and all the mandos are very expensive to field.

I am bumping his attack up to +13.
jastermereel85
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2010 8:10:32 AM

Sure, I understand the high cost. I was just curious how it would be worded, like would it say "May be in a squad with Ulic Qel-Droma regardless of faction." Or would it say, "This squad may have a character named Ulic Qel-Droma in it regardless of faction." It could make the difference of the squad being an OR squad or a Sith squad. That was more my question, I don't mind the Mandos being there, I wanted to know if your custom was built more to resemble when Ulic was a good guy or a version that corrupts his brother.
trick624
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2010 8:50:33 AM

OR Mandos is just wrong IMO lol. Making Revan Squint/Malak become mandalorian just irks me
Weeks
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2010 4:57:32 PM

Ulic can be brought into OR with his Affinity that was my original idea i see no issue with OR getting access to mandos it costs 100 points to do it.
CerousMutor
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2010 9:22:52 PM

Are these real custom stats or are you privy to information on the new minis stats?
Weeks
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2010 5:18:33 AM

CerousMutor wrote:
Are these real custom stats or are you privy to information on the new minis stats?

No they are my own creation. I was just wondering what he would have when he comes out.
jastermereel85
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 3:20:26 AM

Weeks wrote:
Ulic can be brought into OR with his Affinity that was my original idea i see no issue with OR getting access to mandos it costs 100 points to do it.

Thanks for clarifying.
I understand the cost, I was just looking to see if the squad was an OR or Sith faction.