RegisterDonateLogin

Is a little short for a website.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Favorite Video Game Console Options
obsidian7788
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 2:46:39 AM
Groups: Member

i still have a ps1,2 and 3 a game cube an nes an snes an xbox a 360 a wii. a sega, dreamcast, and a sega cd. along with game gear and game boy advanced.
SquelchDog
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 2:55:41 AM

obsidian7788 wrote:
i still have a ps1,2 and 3 a game cube an nes an snes an xbox a 360 a wii. a sega, dreamcast, and a sega cd. along with game gear and game boy advanced.

Sounds pretty close to my collection. I either still have or have owned all those system's myself. Except the Dreamcast and the Sega CD. BigGrin Oh and the PS3. PS 2 ticked me off to many times Cursing , I refuse to get a PS3. ThumbDown
Demosthenes
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 2:59:54 AM

Are you kidding? I love my PS2 and the only problem I had was with my old one crapping out from old age. It was a first-gen PS2, and I used the hell out of it, so I can't complain about it dying. But now I have a PS2 slim and it works great!

I also have a (dead) Xbox and a Gamecube. I really wish my Xbox hadn't died...can't play Battlefront II, KotOR, or Republic Commando, which I just got for Christmas! =(
SquelchDog
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 3:08:41 AM

Demosthenes wrote:
Are you kidding? I love my PS2 and the only problem I had was with my old one crapping out from old age. It was a first-gen PS2, and I used the hell out of it, so I can't complain about it dying. But now I have a PS2 slim and it works great!

I also have a (dead) Xbox and a Gamecube. I really wish my Xbox hadn't died...can't play Battlefront II, KotOR, or Republic Commando, which I just got for Christmas! =(

Nope not kidding, I've gone thru 5 of them and none ever worked the way they were supposed to. Every one had something wrong with them. Even switching from the first one to the slim. I even tried different lot number's. Also on the last one I had, I had the guy make sure everything on it worked before I left. It did. I got it home hooked it up and it didn't. Talk about mad! Cursing It really stunk because I loved my PS one. Sony makes some great stuff don't get me wrong, but I'll never waste my money on a PS again. Besides I need my money for SW Mini's!!! ThumpUp
RannKonnar
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 4:16:24 AM

i hafta say Nintendo Ds too.
I gotta Lite one.
And got some cool games fur it.
countrydude82487
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 6:17:49 PM

i gotta go with the WII.

Being able to actualy aim at the target is awusom.ANd on some games actualy have to make a stabbing motion iw great and a good stress releiver lol.
SquelchDog
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 6:39:20 PM

I love all the Mario Kart games, we have everyone except the first one on the SNES. The one on the Wii is Awesome! Love the motorcycles! ThumbsUp
Dr. Destructo
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 7:44:22 AM

that's some pretty terrible luck Squelchy with the PS2's. The one I have still works fine and I got it '02. My brother did buy a used one that died, but it worked fine for 2-3 years.
trick624
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 10:25:56 AM

dreamcast hands down. it came out too early for hits time. graphics and controller were awesome. mini games on the VMU was genius. interactive menu, music player. ability to share/swap gamesaves was amazing. plus it had a modem to connect to play online. i modded mine into a DVD player when DVD's were fairly new.

ps2 was amazing because of all the variety of games.
SquelchDog
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 11:27:09 PM

Dr. Destructo wrote:
that's some pretty terrible luck Squelchy with the PS2's. The one I have still works fine and I got it '02. My brother did buy a used one that died, but it worked fine for 2-3 years.

Ya it stunk, what made it worse was they were for my son. Sad I've had better luck with X-box's. I've gone thru a few of them. One new one lasted a year, and several used one's lasted much longer. Guess it's just the luck of the draw. What's funny is I have never in all my year's had a Nintendo system that had problem's. All of them lasted for years! If not decades. We still have an N64 that I bought when my son was 3 and he'll be 14 this year, and it still work's!!! ThumbsUp
carnorjax1
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 1:13:51 PM

PS3 are the wrong way to go, the can play movies and music, but they certainly don't have much in the line of games. Not even anywhere as successful as Xbox, and all the options they present. Wii's are fun too, controls are kinda funky sometimes though
EmporerDragon
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 1:43:50 PM

SquelchDog wrote:
What's funny is I have never in all my year's had a Nintendo system that had problem's. All of them lasted for years! If not decades.

That's because Nintendo makes their products out of Nintendium, one of the most durable elements known to man.

For instance, this particular gameboy was recovered from a bombed out barracks in the first Gulf War, and is still in operating condition:

yggral
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 9:59:10 PM

i want one of those gameboys