RegisterDonateLogin

Surrounds us. Penetrates us. Binds the galaxy together.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Taking Off For A While Options
ChuckaFett
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2010 1:09:59 AM
Groups: Member , Trade Moderator

Well, my wife, daughter, father in law and I are off on a mission trip to Haiti this afternoon! My wife and daughter were scheduled to leave the Saturday after the earthquake hit in January, but obviously they didn't go. My father in law and I tried to go in their place and were unable to make it work, our flight just kept getting pushed back week by week. Things have settled down enough now that all four of us will be going. We're heading to an orphanage our church runs about 6 hours north of the capital. It was not damaged by the earthquake, but the kids there still need help. We'll be putting a pump in the well my wife raised money to dig this past summer. Hopefully we're able to get all the pipe and supplies off the containers we sent down 2 months ago, if they are we'll be unloading them as well. My wife and daughter will be taking pictures of all the children in an effort to get them sponsored back here at home. Beyond that we'll just be helping feed and teach kids. These people are truly poor.

So, other than just wanting to share with you what I'm doing, I'm telling you this for two reasons. One, I'll be gone until the 17th of April. I made an update to the Good Trade List this morning and won't be able to make another until I get home. So please be patient, if you have a problem with a trade contact one of the other mods. Any of them would be happy to help you out. Two, if you're the praying type send some our way. Seriously we could use all the prayers we can get for a safe trip and return home.

I'll check in when I get back and post a link to some photos and stories, if I get a chance and you're interested.
Thanks,
ChuckJ
Eroschilles
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2010 3:48:10 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Good luck and I hope all goes well. I would love to see some pics if you get the chance to post the link. I guess we'll see you back on in a couple of weeks then.
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2010 4:57:44 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

'Tis a fine thing you are doing. Best wishes for a safe and successful trip. BlooMilk

amsnow
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2010 7:06:45 AM
Groups: Member

God bless Chuck, I will certainly be praying for you and your family
SquelchDog
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2010 10:17:47 AM

Praying for a safe journey there and back Chuck. Excellent cause, we will keep you guy's in our hearts and prayers. Smile
yggral
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2010 11:05:31 AM

i will pray for you and your family and your in my prayers