RegisterDonateLogin

Isn't too proud of this technological terror it has constructed.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

The "Master Windu" that would see play... at least by me :) Options
Gemini1179
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2010 1:03:58 PM
Groups: Member

This would be fun.

Master Windu 75 Points

Republic
HP: 150
Def: 22
Atk: 16
Dam: 20

Special Abilities
Unique, Melee Attack, Triple Attack, Vaapad-Style Fighting
Decapitation (If this character scores two critical hits in a row, the target is defeated)

Force Powers
Force 1
Force Renewal 1. Master of the Force 2
Lightsaber Block
Lightsaber Precision
Shatterpoint
Use the Force
Whirlwind Attack

I think this could be sneaky fun for the cost. Certainly provides more incentive to use Shatterpoint, IMO.

*Edit* PS, the inspiration for "Decapitation" comes from "thebigk54" on SWGamers.
TheChosenOne
Posted: Friday, April 9, 2010 3:55:32 AM

I have to say that this character would be broken IMMEDIATELY! he gets an immediate kill if he uses 4 force points (Use the Force, and Shatterpoint). I think he is too powerful. I like decapitation though.

My suggestion would be: not include "Use the Force", because there is no justification for it. Mace was one the best Jedi ever, he didn't need instruction like Luke did (the only other character to have Use the Force).

Keep Shatterpoint, but not decapitation. this is because he already has Vaapad and Triple, so he could potentially take out a character every turn (rolling an 18, 19, or 20 with triple gives you a 2 or 3 percent chance at killing anyone)

After loosing all these abilities, drop him to 65 points, and you have close to the new Mace, in a word pointless.

He is just too good for his points.

IMHO
Gemini1179
Posted: Friday, April 9, 2010 7:53:38 AM

TheChosenOne wrote:
I have to say that this character would be broken IMMEDIATELY! he gets an immediate kill if he uses 4 force points (Use the Force, and Shatterpoint). I think he is too powerful. I like decapitation though.

Ha! I knew this would be the first thing someone would say.

Quote:

My suggestion would be: not include "Use the Force", because there is no justification for it. Mace was one the best Jedi ever, he didn't need instruction like Luke did (the only other character to have Use the Force).

This line of thinking has almost never been taken into consideration by WOTC when designing minis. How many non-Ackbar characters have "It's a Trap!"?

Quote:

Keep Shatterpoint, but not decapitation. this is because he already has Vaapad and Triple, so he could potentially take out a character every turn (rolling an 18, 19, or 20 with triple gives you a 2 or 3 percent chance at killing anyone)

After loosing all these abilities, drop him to 65 points, and you have close to the new Mace, in a word pointless.

Yes, your fix is pointless... RollEyes

So your suggestion is to make him the exact same as the newest piece which is unplayable?

Keep in mind:
a) Shatterpoint replaces turn. And is useless on it's own.
b) Use the Force costs 3 Force
c) hopefully your opponent isn't stupid.
d) at 75 points he's a big chunk of your squad and has no ranged defense.
e) he's melee
f) Boba BH has a 5% chance to kill anyone he can see on EVERY attack.

At best, to see play, I'd lower his starting Force points to 1. Otherwise, I can't see an argument for him being broken when you look at him as a whole package.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, April 9, 2010 9:21:35 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Up his FPs to 3...which is pretty standard for a Jedi Master...and then up his Cost to 95-100. Then he'd be more accurate.
Along those lines, to have Decapitation work correctly, it should say: "if two consecutive critical hits cause damage to an enemy, that enemy is defeated." This would at least give characters (like GMLS) a chance to block the damage from the attacks and hence save their own skin.

Anywho, those are my opinions. Please feel free to post him how you want him. ;)
saber1
Posted: Friday, April 9, 2010 10:11:52 AM

Drop "Use the Force" and up his starting FPs to 2 and he'll be great.

Even without UtF, Mace can spend one turn on Shatterpoint which guarantees you will always meet 1/2 the criteria of Decapitation. His second attack against that character for the rest of the skirmish has a 15% chance of being a critical hit with Vaapad. In other words, spend 1 Fp and 1 turn to get a 15% chance of defeating any piece in the game. I'd say that's plenty powerful.

Btw, Decapitation is very intriguing.
Gemini1179
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 2:41:41 AM

Berry and saber1, you've both made some great points. I think 'berry has the definition idea of Decapitation nailed for a glossary entry expansion of the ability. I'd treat it as something that can be bodyguarded as well.

I mean, I know this is a custom fig and I can basically make it anyway I want, but I'm really trying to get a feel for a Mace fig that would "see play", but not be an auto-include. A fig costing 100 pts, no matter how good, isn't going to be worth it's points in the long run a la GMLS, which is why I figured 75 was a good price to aim for.

The trick is in trying to make Shatterpoint useful. It could have been a great skill had it replaced attacks, but Rob had to go and all but gimp it by making it a replaces turn ability. I almost wonder if there is any point in trying to make use of it at all- I mean, if you have the option of getting Mace within 6, you might as well try and base someone via Tow or swap for the 60+ damage and then go for the 60+ the next turn too, know what I mean?

The idea of Decapitation + Shatterpoint + Use the Force was to create an alternate threat that this Mace would represent. Perhaps the lesson of Boba BH hasn't been learned by me and the UTF is a bit too much in the end.

New idea:

Master Windu 75 Points

Republic
HP: 150
Def: 22
Atk: 16
Dam: 20

Special Abilities
Unique; Melee Attack; Triple Attack; Vaapad-Style Fighting; Evade;
Decapitation (When this character does damage with two critical hits in a row to the same character, that character is defeated)

Force Powers
Force 5. Master of the Force 2
Force Leap
Lightsaber Block
Lightsaber Precision
Shatterpoint

Went a bit sneaky with this one adding Evade and dropping FR1. Access to GMA through the TBSV might be interesting. Now I think Decapitation is one of those abilities that might be more frightening to your opponent than it really is, but that becomes part of the usefulness of the character itself.

Thoughts?
qvos
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 9:44:09 AM

I think that 100 pts would be way to much for a character with no commander Affect. I like the decapitation (nod to Jango). How about 85 pts?