RegisterDonateLogin

Would never consciously betray the Rebellion.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Need some feedback on custom stat cards created Options
markiemark44
Posted: Friday, April 9, 2010 9:55:46 PM
Groups: Member

I've created some custom stat cards and now I'd like to have some feedback on them.

In a short while 30 stat cards.

Custom set:

Sith

1. Darth Wyyrlok III, Sith Master
2. Darth Vader, The Chosen One
3. Darth Bandon, Sith Apprentice
4. Karness Muur, Sith Lord

Republic

5. Adi Gallia, Jedi Master
6. Shaak Ti, Jedi Master
7. General Ki-Adi Mundi
8. Coleman Trebor, Jedi Master
9. Cin Drallig, Jedi Master
10. Eeth Koth, Jedi Master
11. Tyvokka, Jedi Master
12. Quinlan Vos, Dark Jedi

Separatist

13. Sora Bulq, Dark Jedi
14. Darth Tyranus, Separatist Commander
15. Sev'rance Tann, Dark Side Adept
16. Tol Skorr, Dark Jedi
17. Poggle the Lesser
18. Darth Sidious

Mandolorian

19. Jango Fett, Mercenary
20. Pre Viszla, Death Watch Commander

New Republic

21. Chewbacca, Hero of Kashyyyk
22. Cilghal, Jedi Healer
23. Borsk Fey'la, Chief of State
24. Saba Sebatyne, Jedi Master

Fringe

25. Cato Parasitti, Bounty Hunter
26. Rianna Saren, Mercenary
27. Hin
28. Kee
29. Greedo, the Elder
30. Dhidal Nyz, Bounty Hunter
Darth_Sal
Posted: Friday, April 9, 2010 10:58:10 PM

Very nice stat cards, and great stats too. Particularly like Tyranus, Sora Bulq, and Tol Skorr. One thing - I think it's a mistake, Jango has Melee Attack

Well done!
PhageLab
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 1:22:33 AM

Amazing job! How did you get the card scans?
markiemark44
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 3:23:20 AM

I used a card template from this forum and used Powerpoint to get the text and pictures right.

Thanks for the comment on Jango Fett. I've updated his stat card on my computer immediately. He's now without Melee Attack.
Gemini1179
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 3:39:16 AM

First, let me say that the cards are beautiful.

Now on to the stats. Some seem to be decent and creative, Tyrannus, Quinlan and Cato Parasitti for sure.

Some simply don't make sense. Adi Gallia for starters. I can't envision any scenario where I'd use a fig with those stats and abilities. I'd cost her at 18-21 at best. I don't understand where the Melee Reach 2 comes from either. The other thing is that Adi was a Jedi of a power on par with Shaak Ti.

Cin Drallig is... well, more in vision with the original, but suffers from the fact that the JWM already exists and is better for the same cost. Unique and a lack of LS Assault are not offset by Shii-Cho. Would have been nice to see something a little more unique like 4 Force Points and something like "Greater Lightsaber Precision- FP1: +10 Damage on all attacks this turn" or something.

Coleman Trebor has my head scratiching as well- ESPECIALLY when compared to your Adi Gallia. He's a Double/Twin Attacker with Soresu Style and the stats of a 30 point Luminara Undulli. I'm thinking for a cost you'd be brave to put him between 35-40 in reality.

Eeth Koth is a nicely designed and costed fig.

The only other comment on the Jedi I'd make is that Shaak Ti is almost a carbon-copy of her Force Unleashed version without Stealth. For 2 points more, I'd take the one with Stealth 9 times out of 10.

I hope this is a bit constructive and gives you something to think about. I'm trying not to sound like "that fig is BORKEN!" or "that fig is useless!".
markiemark44
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 4:56:03 AM

Thanks for the comments.

1. I will take another look at the stats of Adi Gallia. I chose Melee Reach 2, because I found somewhere that she has a one handed long swing when she attacks.

2. Maybe Cin Drallig must be worth 20 points instead of 26?

3. Coleman Trebor will also be updated to 37 points.

4. Shaak Ti is a copy of TFU, because I will use Shaak Ti ROTS figure and don't want to buy Shaak TO TFU :)

zorc62
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 5:03:18 AM

You definitely have some creative ideas, and I like most of them. There are just a few minor issues. To avoid redundancy, I am not going to cover those already critiqued.

Cato Parasitti - I have just one problem with his Shapeshifter ability. It makes him nearly invincible unless the enemy also is using him. I would either add a limit like diplomat or make it stop working once he attacks or uses poison dart.

Sev'rance Tann seems a little weak for 35 points. While I understand he is a bit like Thrawn, Thrawn (either version) had a much more powerful CE and was in the same cost range. I would drop him down to low-mid 20s.

Poggle the Lesser would have been nice a year ago. Now, however, there is no reason to use him over Whorm. I would either give him a CE that boosts attack of followers, or something dealing with Geonosians. He has potential for making living Seps playable, but the CE needs to be altered.

Other than that, it looks great!
markiemark44
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 6:33:14 AM

Thank you for your comments.

The idea with the shapeshifter ability was create a similar special ability as Diplomat. I will add the limit to the ability shapeshifter. If this character makes an attack it loses shapeshifter ability.

I will check the stats for Sev'rance Tann and then make some adjustments.

Poggle the Lesser -> same story as Shaak Ti. Poggle the Lesser will be easy to create and a lot cheaper then General Whorm Loathsome.
PhageLab
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 5:51:33 AM

I always pictured Poggle having Booming Voice. Just a thought.
TheChosenOne
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 8:32:01 AM

Poggle's CE also does not affect droids, is this intentional?

The cards are awesome!!
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 9:39:01 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Looking at Poggle, you could update his CE to give droid followers an extra attack. I know we have a new Grievous that does something similar, but the droids could use it. ;)
(This would also be an upgrade from the Overseer who only gives Double)
Robin
Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2010 12:08:27 PM

I love the stat cards, there great. I was wondering if i could pose the challenge of making a Cassus Fett stat card. I got another bloomilk member to make a custom figure, however he seems uncomplete without a stat card. So if you have extra time i would love to see one, or if you could tell me where you got the templet, so i could attempt.