http://www.unclesgames.com/stores.php
Crossroads Mall
15600 NE 8th Ave., Suite K10, Bellevue, WA
(425)746-1539
Omnus
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2009 7:23:47 AM
Groups: Member

You were quick this time : )

Congratz on winning the last event. What prize mini(s) did you walk away with?
Nightwalker
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2009 8:01:07 AM

I got a stormtrooper on repulser sled the imperial figure... a genoharadan and a stormtrooper common
Omnus
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2009 11:35:34 AM

Nice, thats actually a pretty sweet prize. Good trade bait as it's a VR non-unique. They also make good swap pieces if yuo have a large you want to move with thrawn.

I heard you had some hard match ups to win. And including the mini-kota in your squad was a great choice. Did that end up playing well for you?
Nightwalker
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2009 7:12:22 PM

I played
joel
steven
vic
clayten

and i played each of my games very well, though roronns 10 atk is weak as hell specially when trying to take something down like a sith lord or boba
Nightwalker
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2009 7:13:02 PM

which i guess is why i put the post powerful awsome piece wicket in there, he did great again my game with vic really helped things hit those NR
Cybit
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 8:34:25 AM

As did all those 20s. o_0 Remind me to steal your dice.

I'll be judging this one as well, as far as I know.

Nightwalker
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 5:42:47 PM

no not krupal judging again!, time to quit minis and move on
Nightwalker
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 6:41:55 PM

Bump This Tourny is Upcomming for this saturday the 21st
Nightwalker
Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 6:42:25 PM

Bump Bump Bump
Omnus
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2009 11:01:01 AM

I finally got to play in an event, after judging so many for a few weeks. I decided to go with one of my separatist ideas.

--(S.O.S.) Separatists of Serenno--
51 Count Dooku of Serenno
41 Aurra Sing, Jedi Hunter
27 Lobot
21 GenoHaradan Assassin
10 San Hill

Lobot:
11 Human Bodyguard
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
(150pts. 9 activations

http://bloomilk.com/Squads/ViewSquad.aspx?SquadID=23938

First Round

Yobuck
R2 AD
Rex
JWM
Geno
uggies

I lost map roll and had to play on the rancor pit. I took the gambit side. The first fe rounds of the game was all low rolls. Niether of us rolled above 6 for about ten rolls. Then R2 dragged rex out for shot, which cost him r2 and 30 on rex from force lightning. Both of our geno's were basically speed bumps. Yobuck took alot of aoo damage and ripostes. I kept rolling 4's to hit with dooku vs yobuck and I was dissapointed thinking they were misses (because I am used to Darth Tyranus, LotDS who has 15 attack) but dooku has a +16 and they were hits. Aurra's first Blaster Barrage missed the geno once and the jwm once but eventually aurra and Dooku chewd through the jwm. After the JWM was dead, i finally won an init I was able to chase down Rex with Aurra to get the last 40 to him. Yobuck was almost out of hp, so it was pretty much over.

S.o.S. 1-0

Second Round

Yobuck
rex
panaka
mas
R2 ad
Captain Antilles
Uggies

I won map roll and we played on ruined base. The key events in this match up started with yobuck getting up to geno, getting two attack and rolling 1, so the geno lives. 3rd round yobuck had charged aurra, and then swapped in rex. At this point aurra was activated from getting some damage on yobuck. Dooku was able to get 40 on rex, bring him down to 30. I then lost init and rex was swapped out for mas. I decided it was best to just get mas out of the way, so dooku doubled him. This round end with yobuck cleaning up the geno and some uggies but, i spent for speed with aurra and got another twin on yobuck and was basing him. Again i lost init, and he choose to double aurra since he couldn't get swapped because mas was dead. I then finished off yobuck with aurra, but i lost aurra to rex. We did some positioning and but i still had san hill to help control the tempo. I saw him setting up for rex to get a great mobile. I decided to take a risk and just move dooku to a spot, where it didn't matter where rex ran too, i could lightning him if I won init (i was hoping karma would could back and I would finally win an init). He got worried and realized my plan. He ended up taking 4 shots from abad spot, were dooku even had cover. Missed all 4. I won init and got the lightning on rex. It pretty much ended the game.

S.o.S. 2-0

3rd Round

Boba BH
Padme Senator
Jarael
Captain panaka
mas amedda
camaasi noble
uggies

I brought in 1 camaasi instead of 2 of the uggies on this one. I lost map init and we played on the crystal chambers map from the new starter. At this point I was getting alittle sick of playing the reublic squads : ) He set up for a swap and Boba was staring at my force from the center of the map. I knew he could have padme give him attacks, then have him shoot and move away, so the best I could do would be to shot him with the geno or aurra and hope he doesn't evade. I figured it wasn't worth it, and he didn;t have overide so I just locked the door that boba was right behind. I avoided that 80 damage. Then next round I met boba and jarael in the center of the map. jarael took 60 from aurra but she got a triple on aurra. Jarael eventually went down and and dooku head after padme. Aurra ran off with her low health. Padme got swaped for mas and I took the chance to lighning mas. I positioned the bg and camaasi. Boba ended trying to gett he bg out of the way, but had trouble hitting him. It ended up with dooku going after panaka. Padme tried shooting the BG and couldn;t hit and he then I pointed out he could give the free shot with boba because mas was dead. Aurra came the bottom of the map and got padme. Boba went after lobot to get points but I was still ahead when we got to time. Boba was unhurt and i probably would have lost hadn't it gone to time but then again I would have played differently. Good game though.

S.o.S. 3-0

4th Round

Gen. Obi (the new starter obi)
Rex
JWM
Roron Corob
r2 ad
uggies

So again I am facing another republic squad but this time its the 2 starter rares against each other so I am looking forward to it. I win map roll and we play on ruined base. I get the outside. First got interesting because after outactivating him I was able to get 2 doors opened (uggie and lobot) to get a twin at roron with aurra (took a fp to move). I then won init, shot roron again and mvoed away. The bets part was that I hit 2/4 shots needing 11's and he made 1/2 deflect saves...we were at perfect odds. But it was key for me, because i knew roron was down to 2 fps and couldn't repulse. I moved inside the main gambit room and he huddled around the turbolifts. He got a line with rex but was only able to kill 2 uggies. Ob i kept back away from the main doors, so after i outactivated him, aurra, the bg and dooku came up around the bottom of the map, which caught him off gaurd. I won init and got dooku up basing obi. Corob and jwm got up blocking aurra from getting to obi. Rex took some shots at dooku and aurra moved up damaging corob. Corob got a crit on dooku right after the BG moved up and i failed the makashi and the reroll. I had to give it to the BG because dooku has 70 hp...i didn't want him to be a force push away from death. At the end of the round, i ran the geno up after rex, leaving the geno within 6 of rex. I won init and I got the perfect geno attack. Loner+Cunning+Poison Blade. Rex took 50 and geno ended up being a good distraction for rex. I got a a force lightning on all 3 of the jedi. Aurra barrage roron and jwm but the high def and deflects kept them up. I finally was able to kill kill roron and aurra took an aoo from the jwm and twin obi killing him. Rex killed the geno and moved into position. I was able to finish the jwm with dooku who lived with 10 hp after all the makashi saves. Then aurra got los on rex at range and hit both 10 damage shots, to finish him. It was one of the most fun games I have ever played and it was just an awesome feeling to have interesting lightsaber duels between characters. Great game Daniel !

S.o.S.

So my prize for this event...Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter!
ChuckaFett
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2009 12:57:54 PM
Groups: Member , Trade Moderator

Taking your advice from the other thread! A link to my squad.
For those to lazy to follow the link:
--New Jango--
56 Jango Fett, Bounty Hunter
37 Aurra Sing
24 Jariah Syn
23 General Wedge Antilles
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
(149pts. 7 activations)

I went 2-2 with it, not too great. (Didn't get to play my map, Taris, once all night!) The squad needs a major overhaul, as Omnus said after the event it relies too heavily on Jedi Hunter. When you're missing Uggs in cover because Jariah's attack is only a +6 (and you roll horrible with him BigGrin ) you know you need help. The other big thing was that it looks like it can put out a bunch of damage, but really it doesn't. All of them have only one attack per turn (unless Jango stands still of course). Yes they can put out 30 damage a time against a Jedi, but it just didn't seem like enough.

My first lost I don't think I was aggressive enough, played against a Maul on Speeder/Aurra Jedi Hunter/San squad. He got reserves right off the bat and pulled in another bodyguard which allowed him to split Aurra and Maul. We both took some chances and he came out ahead by killing Jariah. The second loss I was too aggressive and hung Jango out to dry against a Loda/Leia/Han Smuggler squad. Jack just decimated me after that!

Well beyond my matches, their where some great contests. I heard of quite a few decided by a few points. The Maul Speeder squad I lost to in the first round lost by one point to the squad Omnus faced in the final! Was fun to watch two great players work so hard!
Omnus
Posted: Monday, February 23, 2009 3:57:18 PM

Honestly your squad would have probably destroyed me. But for overall strength i think dropping jango for mara or kyle...err or Shado Vao. As much as i love jango he just falls short now...which sucks because he has an awesome sculpt and is quite good but just not good enough.

Lets meet up one of these days and get some games in. Would be cool if your daughter wanted to come aswell, I don't tihnk Krissy would mind either. I am always looking to try out some random ideas and you can give me your perspective on my crazy ideas.

Thanks for making it down to play with us again, man.
Grief
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 2:18:12 AM

I posted a 3-1 Record at this event with a fairly standard Loda build:

70 Luke Skywalker and Yoda
20 Princess Leia
27 Han Solo, Smuggler
8 R2 D2
8 Juno Eclipse
9 General Dodonna
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

My Juno Disruptive ability came into serious use in one of my games against sneaky commander effects that provide evade. Take that chuckafett!

I lost my first game to one of our better players who didn't do well against some of his later matchups. It was a VERY close game, I felt I could have played a bit better, but with Rex all over the map getting towed by R2, it's hard to pin him down with only a melee fig left.

Good times were had by all. Another wonderful event.
Omnus
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 6:40:40 AM

Hey, grief...isn't that only 145 points? It seemed like you were a few points short when i saw your game. Did you have a camaasi?
Grief
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 10:00:33 PM

Oh yeah, I had two Uggies, not just the one. OK, changed post to reflect the correct Ugnaught total.
joelker41
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 4:11:17 AM

Alright I was the infamous user of Maul on Speeder!

I used:

Maul on Speeder 57 (underrated but hard to use figure)
Aurra JH 41
Lando, DS 18
Human BG 11
4xUggies

Faced Chuckafett's Jedi Hunters first round. Both of us were SO cautious and my first round gambit on Destroyed base set the tone by forcing Chuck to come to me a little. We both rolled terribly most of the game, but a late round charge/twin from Aurra then winning init and twinning then moving back behind the wall made his Aurra and Jango come get me. Aurra basically did all the heavy liifting with Maul never getting to much of a chance to do much besides soak up damage.

Second round faced the Obi/Rex squad, lost due to 1 point....didnt put the uggie in gambit last round so that hurt me.

Third round faced the YoBuck/Antilles squad. Played my butt off and rolled key inits to do 120 to YoBuck with Aurra. San Hill rolled the parting 18 on YoBuck to kill him on an AoO so that was amazing.

Last round faced Slie's Boba squad. Rolled Reserves third round but it didnt mattwer as Jarael went down fast and Mas was swapped in to cover Boba's butt. Rolled well and Maul Punished what was left. I believe I only lost the bodyguard.

Overall San Hill alone probably won me two games, my famously bad Init rolls payed off as I got Reserves EVERY round haha. That was fun.

Took 3rd, would have loved to go 4-0 with the Speeder but hey I had lots of fun, and when you do that well with Maul anytime it is a win.

Thanks to all my opponent and congrats to Charles.