RegisterDonateLogin

Makes you a wonderful human being.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

SPOILERS The latest Clone Wars episode, with the clone Cadets. Options
wannabe mexican
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 9:14:45 PM
Groups: Member

I was quite looking forward to a massive season finale with Boba, Young Mercenary, Bossk and Aurra Sing. I started watching it, and as soon as I saw the Clone Cadets my excitement fell.

Not being funny, but aren't the clones grown in Cloning plants, and released when they are fully grown, as per Attack of the Clones?? Now, I love George and what he has created. I even understand it when he tramples on the EU. But creating things that contradict his own films? This I don't understand. I mean, sure, kids probably won't notice, but he should still maybe consider explaining this apparent condradiction a bit more.

It was, however, nice to see another Non-Clone Admiral other than Yularen.
Segastorm
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 9:28:41 PM

Clones do grow in cloning plants, but they're released when they're young so they can learn about the different environments and the other stuff a clone needs to know, since they age twice as fast as a normal (at least that's what I thought), so I see no contradict there, and from what I've seen, the episode looks interesting.
cicrush13
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 11:25:34 PM

Segastorm wrote:
Clones do grow in cloning plants, but they're released when they're young so they can learn about the different environments and the other stuff a clone needs to know, since they age twice as fast as a normal (at least that's what I thought), so I see no contradict there, and from what I've seen, the episode looks interesting.

I agree with Segastorm has written. Especially since it is a time of war, it would be a good learning experience for the young clones. They do help Boba fit in a little better. Not sure if it was written so that Boba could easily sneak aboard, but either way it still looks interesting.
LoboStele
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 7:47:10 AM

Umm....didn't you watch Attack of the Clones? There are young clones shown in a training room in the movie, lol. So Cadets in the cartoon are perfectly in line with the movie canon.
PhageLab
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 9:05:04 AM

LoboStele wrote:
Umm....didn't you watch Attack of the Clones? There are young clones shown in a training room in the movie, lol. So Cadets in the cartoon are perfectly in line with the movie canon.

Ahh yes, I do remember that. Very brief though.
carnorjax1
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 11:24:11 AM

Hands on training I suppose
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2010 2:23:23 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

It was a good episode. Great characterization of young Fett. Not the badass yet, but it is completely sensible for young Fett. Aura next week.