RegisterDonateLogin

Is ready to take on the whole Empire itself.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Bloomilk Civil War Booster League (Coming Soon) Options
Darth Percocet
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2010 10:00:02 AM
Groups: Member

Bloomilk Civil War Booster League

This is a new league coming soon, for players who missed out on our previous league, this league will be pretty much exactly the same in Conferences, Divisions, Rules with the addition of a few thing added on such as trading & this league will be ran by the people. No commisioners, all player ran & each player in the league will be appointed a specific task & area to run in the league (this is optional to players you wont be forced lol) so just wanted to give everyone the heads up.

As soon as im finished with all the gimmicks of how the trades will work & a few more details to be added i will be holding sign-ups for it, so be on the lookout for the signup thread.

This will not effect my dedication towards "Bloomilk Booster League" ran by Demos & myself a bit. So both leagues will habe 100% of my undivided attention.

Also if you are already in that league as well, your welcome to join this league also. The more the better. Thanx & again when im done finishing all the rules & details, then signups will come so be on the look out.

If you have any idea's for this league feel free to mention them by pming myself & we'll talk about your idea. I got the feel of the previous league & figured out how to do the trading part & everything else. So pmme if you have addition idea's for trading, or for anything else. & we'll talk them over. Thanx

-Bobby pirrone
R5Don4
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2010 10:15:26 AM

Why not hold off starting another new league/format for a little while until the other currently active leagues finish up or at least get half way through their seasons?
Darth Percocet
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2010 10:24:19 AM

R5Don4 wrote:
Why not hold off starting another new league/format for a little while until the other currently active leagues finish up or at least get half way through their seasons?

Well i was thinking that but i had my 2 nephews who wanted to get in a league who bugged me to do another one. Which i was gonna wait till this league to be done but also i was asked by alot to start it ASAP because some in the current league would like to be in 2 different leagues this way they can play more than once a week. So i thought about it & im probably gonna either start signups between a week from now or - 3 weeks from now. So i just wanna make sure all the trading in the league is fixed any problems so that it will be 100% ready for when it starts i dont wanna add any new rules to the middle of the season. Plus im gonna talk to dean to get the program that is used by demos & himself for these type of leagues & i gotta talk to demos to see if he'll help me with this one. But remember this league will be ran by the players, no commishes thats why im asking for idea's & help with the idea's i have if anyone has better ones. & again me & shinja talked & this forum was created in hopes that more leagues would be started, so hopefully this sparks up more & more leagues. Its all about keeping interest in the game.
greentime
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2010 8:29:35 AM

Darth Percocet wrote:
So i just wanna make sure all the trading in the league is fixed any problems so that it will be 100% ready for when it starts i dont wanna add any new rules to the middle of the season.

I think that part of it still needs some work. I honestly think you're better off letting people set up their trades on a separate thread/by PM and just accept that people will learn something about what pieces everyone else has. Honestly if someone is trying to trade a piece they probably won't mind if everyone knows they have it. It just seems like it will be a humongous pain for you and whoever else runs the league to sort through a pile of "trade forms" and try and pair them together. Plus, what if Adam fills out his form and says he wants to trade a TBSV for a Praetorite Vong Warrior, and someone else puts wants a TBSV and is willing to trade an Ossus Guardian? Probably Adam would be happy to make that trade, but if they both just mail you the forms neither will ever know.

Actually that is something that just puzzles me in general - why the emphasis on secrecy? Anyone can watch the other peoples' games on Vassal, and so far all of my games have been observed by a couple other people from the League (and I have watched other people's games too), and two separate people have listed half my squad on the results thread anyway ;) By the fourth week you can probably build 3 very different squads if you want so I don't think it matters that much. If someone wants to build a hate squad based on what they SUSPECT their opponent will play, let them take that risk.

The trade restrictions on VRs also don't make much sense to me. A lot of the VRs are not that great compared to the best rares, especially in the older sets. For every Whorm Loathsome there are three C3P0, Ewok Diety's. In fact, why put any restrictions in at all? Let people propose any trade they want, and approve or disprove of all the "pending" trades once per week. That way, the league basically has three "events" - one game, one getting a new booster, and one day to see what trades went through. Some people might try to game the system with one-sided trades, but that can happen no matter how you set it up.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Saturday, April 24, 2010 12:12:42 PM

greentime wrote:
Darth Percocet wrote:
So i just wanna make sure all the trading in the league is fixed any problems so that it will be 100% ready for when it starts i dont wanna add any new rules to the middle of the season.

I think that part of it still needs some work. I honestly think you're better off letting people set up their trades on a separate thread/by PM and just accept that people will learn something about what pieces everyone else has. Honestly if someone is trying to trade a piece they probably won't mind if everyone knows they have it. It just seems like it will be a humongous pain for you and whoever else runs the league to sort through a pile of "trade forms" and try and pair them together. Plus, what if Adam fills out his form and says he wants to trade a TBSV for a Praetorite Vong Warrior, and someone else puts wants a TBSV and is willing to trade an Ossus Guardian? Probably Adam would be happy to make that trade, but if they both just mail you the forms neither will ever know.

Actually that is something that just puzzles me in general - why the emphasis on secrecy? Anyone can watch the other peoples' games on Vassal, and so far all of my games have been observed by a couple other people from the League (and I have watched other people's games too), and two separate people have listed half my squad on the results thread anyway ;) By the fourth week you can probably build 3 very different squads if you want so I don't think it matters that much. If someone wants to build a hate squad based on what they SUSPECT their opponent will play, let them take that risk.

The trade restrictions on VRs also don't make much sense to me. A lot of the VRs are not that great compared to the best rares, especially in the older sets. For every Whorm Loathsome there are three C3P0, Ewok Diety's. In fact, why put any restrictions in at all? Let people propose any trade they want, and approve or disprove of all the "pending" trades once per week. That way, the league basically has three "events" - one game, one getting a new booster, and one day to see what trades went through. Some people might try to game the system with one-sided trades, but that can happen no matter how you set it up.

Well its good to hear some other views on this... so truthfully im taking this all in... what you have to understand about the secrecy of the league though is even though by week 3 everyone might know pieces you squad consist of you gotta understand you get new pieces every week, so i think making secrecy is a must because seeing the schedule on who your playing its very easy to build a hate squad. For example in the other league i played against a SHAD... now if i would of known he was gonna use a shad i would of used Bao-Dur w/ Flobi. Which in 1 turn could of ended the SHAD which his squad was good but something as little of that knowledge can destroy a squad.

Now i do like the idea of having a trade thread though, because this way it would make less work for the people who have to approve (which i think is a must because you dont want someone trading away a piece to give another player an ridiculous advantage over everyone else) But a trade thread could be pretty cool so deff will look into that. Regardless i would like this to be a Player run league, me im not a commish, i wanna be a player running a specific part. I feel if more people are involved with running it, then it brings more interest & intoness to it. But some good idea's greentime thanx...

IF anyone else has any idea's feel free to put them down, thats what i made this thread here because by no means do i think the trade system is perfect for the league, & idea's for anything else please write them down, thanx
wannabe mexican
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 6:21:50 PM

My last exam is on the 1st of June. After then I would totally be up for joining in, if you find yourself being delayed until then.

If not, I can only hope for a summer bloomilk league. (hint hint)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2010 12:16:49 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I think trading of any sort would be a logistical nightmare, especially if trying to keep things secret.
TheStarkiller
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 5:07:07 AM

I have to agree bigtime with greentime.
Trading would have to be all in the open if it were to occur.
I also agree that you learn a lot more about your opponent's squad when you are watching them play others in vassal than when you are looking at what they want to trade or trade for.
You mention the fact that people get new boosters every week as an argument against open trading, yet I see it as more of an arguement for it.
Also, this doesn't make anyone feel like bantha poodoo for not having the time/inclination to trade what they pulled in their boosters. One of the best things about the booster league is that you can just play one game a week, and you are done with it (time-wise). You aren't penalized for just spending 2 hours a week on SWM.

Just my 2cents
creme_brule
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2010 9:58:55 AM

A fig alone does NOTHING. = NOTHING. not to sound brutal or anything, but IMO its true. ill use DP's ex. of the SHAD (no offense meant ;) ). someone may trade it, but that does not mean nessecarily the person recieveing it will use it in their next squad...they may have "ideas" on what to do (Esp. if they have certain pieces helping it, ex. BDO) but that doesnt mean they'll use it right away...agreed with TSK, watching an opp. game is the best way not only to learn their current squad, but also to know their strategy and how they play. TSK is a good player who usually splits his squad into 2 and (Attempts to) attack from two sides. Ukezwoll is so conservative, in my game against him i've only killed (i think) one (16 point) piece (o.O, lol). Sashlon charges in, then rushes out at low HP...these are all from viewing other people's games...it really really does help.

back on topic: trading should be done via BM or a "trade thread" (made esp. for the league)...pref. BM b/c a single thread will becoem like 100 pages by end of week 5.

overall, it sounds preetty good...i like the trading idea, though it takes away the point of "booster league" if all you're going to do is trade away the figs you wont use...reminds me of a normal leageu (Competitive) except the "only people in the [leaguge] are the only figs availabe for trade,etc.etc.

hope that helps, my BombBomb
curler88j
Posted: Saturday, May 1, 2010 8:32:49 PM

i really want to get into a booster league when one starts. and agree that trading should be open, because the people have said you learn more by watching the game on vassel then knowing what people want to get rid of.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Sunday, May 2, 2010 2:45:56 AM

creme_brule wrote:
A fig alone does NOTHING. = NOTHING. not to sound brutal or anything, but IMO its true. ill use DP's ex. of the SHAD (no offense meant ;) ). someone may trade it, but that does not mean nessecarily the person recieveing it will use it in their next squad...they may have "ideas" on what to do (Esp. if they have certain pieces helping it, ex. BDO) but that doesnt mean they'll use it right away...agreed with TSK, watching an opp. game is the best way not only to learn their current squad, but also to know their strategy and how they play. TSK is a good player who usually splits his squad into 2 and (Attempts to) attack from two sides. Ukezwoll is so conservative, in my game against him i've only killed (i think) one (16 point) piece (o.O, lol). Sashlon charges in, then rushes out at low HP...these are all from viewing other people's games...it really really does help.

back on topic: trading should be done via BM or a "trade thread" (made esp. for the league)...pref. BM b/c a single thread will becoem like 100 pages by end of week 5.

overall, it sounds preetty good...i like the trading idea, though it takes away the point of "booster league" if all you're going to do is trade away the figs you wont use...reminds me of a normal leageu (Competitive) except the "only people in the [leaguge] are the only figs availabe for trade,etc.etc.

hope that helps, my BombBomb

No offense what so ever fella's... Look this is why i basically made the thread & put on how i wanted to do trading down, so that i could find & get all critisizm so that it isnt done wrong. You's are bringing to my attention what i didnt think of yet & i thank you for it.

Basically i would like to do the trading thing in this league, i think it would be so much fun. Now question is how to do it. Should we make everyones collections visable to the public? I mean even seeing a collection you still wouldnt know what people will build, you would only be able to guess which isnt 100% def. Now greentime with the trade thread idea i love so i think we could use that. Also maybe 3-5 judges to approve or disapprove a trade is a must in my eyes because in fantasy football how it would go untill we made that rule is when someone knows they are out of the playoff race they start trading key pieces away to make someone else a ridiculous team. Now im not saying people are like this but its always a possibility.. I think about 90% of the trades would be approved.

This league i want it ran by the players of it, i think this will insure that we dont have drop outs & keep the interest in the league. Now i wanna hear every & all idea's if you can about anything that doesnt look right in the rules thread. Everyones input will be heard & thought about. Already i got alot of great idea's & flaws in what i wrote initially so lets keep it going so we can make this league perfect & to the T of being fair & no flaws. So im gonna make another thread to discuss how we should go about things. Thanx guys for the input really appreciate it. Remember this isnt my league, im just gettin the ball rolling to start it, this wont have any commisioners ill just be the one who overlooks it. So lets discuss how to make this badboy flawless on the other thread & the sooner we get it, the sooner it can start & we'll do sign-ups... Thanx
empirejeff
Posted: Saturday, May 8, 2010 6:38:04 AM

ok

like yeah everyone can list who is on the tradeing block. Do we really need to list our wants when you can view what is aviable? So we list 3 new players every week? I do not really agree with the veto thing. Yes it is done on fantasy football. But here i don't really see the point with have a limit of one trade a week, do you loose that trade if you don't use it or it gets vetoed and you don't have enough time to make up another one? on the other hand in fantasy football you can do as many as you want, but i don;t think it occurrs that often at least not in any that i have played. Here i can see people makeing lots of trades in theory, since pieces you won't use have no value to use so you might just trade just to do it. Fantasy football if a player has no value to you they probabb;y own't have much if any to your oppoent unles they over value that position or player or something, also the type of league you play in makes a big difference. in fantasy football i think it is really hard to make a even trade with out one side getting at least a little more from the trade. Here a piece can have no value to you but has value to your oppoent. i don't really trade in fantasy football, i just do not see it as fun, generally one side ends up with the better deal. Here i would trade to the max. See that I will never use the pieces that i trade anyway. By tradeing to the max ideally for pieces with more than zero value to you, if that is not possiable than trying to get pieces with more value than the ones you are giveing away to put back into the open market down the road.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Saturday, May 8, 2010 8:10:15 AM

empirejeff wrote:
ok

like yeah everyone can list who is on the tradeing block. Do we really need to list our wants when you can view what is aviable? So we list 3 new players every week? I do not really agree with the veto thing. Yes it is done on fantasy football. But here i don't really see the point with have a limit of one trade a week, do you loose that trade if you don't use it or it gets vetoed and you don't have enough time to make up another one? on the other hand in fantasy football you can do as many as you want, but i don;t think it occurrs that often at least not in any that i have played. Here i can see people makeing lots of trades in theory, since pieces you won't use have no value to use so you might just trade just to do it. Fantasy football if a player has no value to you they probabb;y own't have much if any to your oppoent unles they over value that position or player or something, also the type of league you play in makes a big difference. in fantasy football i think it is really hard to make a even trade with out one side getting at least a little more from the trade. Here a piece can have no value to you but has value to your oppoent. i don't really trade in fantasy football, i just do not see it as fun, generally one side ends up with the better deal. Here i would trade to the max. See that I will never use the pieces that i trade anyway. By tradeing to the max ideally for pieces with more than zero value to you, if that is not possiable than trying to get pieces with more value than the ones you are giveing away to put back into the open market down the road.

I made a new thread to discuss the trading changes, check this forum for it, everyone already knows these arent the set rules, on the other thread you'll see the new trading techniques that have surfaced on how were gonna do it. & im open for idea's there so please read that before you post on this, i havent updated the rules for the trade thread on this yet, over on the other thread is the newer updated rules to the trade thread for the league, so i suggest you go over there if you have any idea's... again this thread hasnt been updated for quite some time..
Darth Percocet
Posted: Saturday, May 8, 2010 8:16:16 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
I think trading of any sort would be a logistical nightmare, especially if trying to keep things secret.

Well a nightmare to you dont mean it would be a nightmare to me, I have plenty of time on my hands to go through all the stuff & im gonna dedicated myself to this league as well as the other BMBL 100% to where im gonna use my time to do so... if you think it will be a nightmare then dont join, noone is forcing you to join. So far i have about 16 deff players who like how this league will be. Dont worry about me giving up my time, im willing to do it... So if you dont like these league rules or dont wanna join, then dont join plain & simple... Your arent planning on joing anyway TJ.. so i dont even understand why you would post that.. If you dont like the rules make your own league & have players join that...