RegisterDonateLogin

Will never be rendered obsolete by power creep.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

star wars minis- 3 players Options
shatterpoint7
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 10:29:01 AM
Groups: Member

i had 2 friends over and we decided we wanted to play a game of minis. they being new to the game i gave them easy to use squads. so we all played each other with 200 pt squads:

vader ic, veers rs , thrawn mith, a bunch of stormies

gm luke, leia jk, kyp, cade skywalker padawan

grievous scourge, eg05 jh x3, x-1 viper, bd officer (my squad)

each player started out in a room/area, everyone rolled initiative, and we took turns by whoever rolled highest initiative, then next highest, then lowest.
it was one of the best games i played, probably b/c there was a lot more fighting than waiting like in a 2 player game.
you scored points by killing a character, and it involved some interesting strategy b/c you didn't want someone else to kill a figure you heavily damaged, and get the points.
anyway, i highly recommend you try swm this way.
SquelchDog
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 2:21:08 PM

shatterpoint7 wrote:
i had 2 friends over and we decided we wanted to play a game of minis. they being new to the game i gave them easy to use squads. so we all played each other with 200 pt squads:

vader ic, veers rs , thrawn mith, a bunch of stormies

gm luke, leia jk, kyp, cade skywalker padawan

grievous scourge, eg05 jh x3, x-1 viper, bd officer (my squad)

each player started out in a room/area, everyone rolled initiative, and we took turns by whoever rolled highest initiative, then next highest, then lowest.
it was one of the best games i played, probably b/c there was a lot more fighting than waiting like in a 2 player game.
you scored points by killing a character, and it involved some interesting strategy b/c you didn't want someone else to kill a figure you heavily damaged, and get the points.
anyway, i highly recommend you try swm this way.

We play that way at home too. ThumpUp 3 way matches are a blast!
joverfield
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 10:11:39 PM

we play a lot of 3 way matches around here...seems to always end up either turning into a 2 on 1 battle or 2 people duke it out and the other player then swoops in towards the end of the battle and cleans up all the damaged characters...seem to play faster though with 3 players than with 2 or 4
SquelchDog
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2010 12:23:21 PM

joverfield wrote:
we play a lot of 3 way matches around here...seems to always end up either turning into a 2 on 1 battle or 2 people duke it out and the other player then swoops in towards the end of the battle and cleans up all the damaged characters...seem to play faster though with 3 players than with 2 or 4

Oh ya, I second that. ThumpUp Ours go the same way. You can never predict the ending. Sometimes it's cool to work together to take out a tough to beat mini. However that can backfire if the other person turn's against you when you least expect it. Blink Scared My son did that to me. Laugh The little traitor. Flapper
Darth Percocet
Posted: Sunday, May 2, 2010 12:34:48 AM

I do something simular with my nephews too. Basically theres some maps that do fit together nicely & what we will do is Me, my two nephews & there friend will each pick a corner out of the two maps put together & build 200 pt squads each. It might sound like it would take long but believe it or not with all of the pieces on the boards theres alot of fighting. Gets kind of slow when its only down to maybe 2 people but other than that it is pretty fun..

Me & the user cicrush13 are actually gonna play a game on vassal when we get a chance where we each build 2 seperate 250 pt squads & then run all four on 1 map. I mean with that many figs i think its gonna be fun with alot of fighting right away (so kudos to cicrush13 for the idea)
SquelchDog
Posted: Sunday, May 2, 2010 6:40:44 AM

Darth Percocet wrote:
I do something simular with my nephews too. Basically theres some maps that do fit together nicely & what we will do is Me, my two nephews & there friend will each pick a corner out of the two maps put together & build 200 pt squads each. It might sound like it would take long but believe it or not with all of the pieces on the boards theres alot of fighting. Gets kind of slow when its only down to maybe 2 people but other than that it is pretty fun..

Me & the user cicrush13 are actually gonna play a game on vassal when we get a chance where we each build 2 seperate 250 pt squads & then run all four on 1 map. I mean with that many figs i think its gonna be fun with alot of fighting right away (so kudos to cicrush13 for the idea)

That sounds like a blast Darth Percocet! Good stuff. ThumbsUp