RegisterDonateLogin

No rogue is more charismatic than this gambler and soldier of fortune.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Checking for Orphan Mini's, any suggestions on a quick way to do this? Options
SquelchDog
Posted: Sunday, May 2, 2010 6:21:31 PM
Groups: Member

I would like to go through my entire collection of SW mini's to check for orphans. So I can add any orphan cards and mini's to hothie's orphan project.

I'm thinking the best way will be to match each mini to it's card. And doing that will be a long and drawn out process. At the moment I know for sure of only one card that I am missing. If I'm lucky that's the only one. But I'm not getting my hopes up. RollEyes

So if anyone has a suggestion that will help me to make this as painless and quick as possible, I'm all ear's. BigGrin

ARCTrooper-A79
Posted: Sunday, May 2, 2010 7:04:59 PM

I recently had to do something similar. This will depend on how your cards and minis are stored and organized, but what worked for me was going through my cards first by set, marking down on a list how many of each card I had, then going through the minis comparing how many minis to how many cards. It's going to take a while, there's no getting around that, but as long as you're organized about it, it won't take as long, and you can feel confident in the final count.
SquelchDog
Posted: Sunday, May 2, 2010 9:15:07 PM

ARCTrooper-A79 wrote:
I recently had to do something similar. This will depend on how your cards and minis are stored and organized, but what worked for me was going through my cards first by set, marking down on a list how many of each card I had, then going through the minis comparing how many minis to how many cards. It's going to take a while, there's no getting around that, but as long as you're organized about it, it won't take as long, and you can feel confident in the final count.

Cool, thanks ARCTrooper-A79. ThumpUp Did you use the set list's that come in the booster pack's? I had it pretty well organized, but then brought in a bunch of trade's and bought some new booster's. And before I knew it, it turned into organized chaos. Laugh So now I'll have to reorganize as well.