RegisterDonateLogin

Expresses its true feelings for you in the South Passage.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

The stupidest move Options
Segastorm
Posted: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 9:37:51 AM
Groups: Member

Today, I was playing this squad:

IG-88, asassin droid
General Grievous, Droid army commander
Wat Tambor, Techno Union Foreman
Chamelion Droid
Gha Nachkt
Battle droid officer
Battle Droid
Mouse Droid
R7 astromech droid

He was playing:
Master Windu
Kit Fisto, Jedi Master
Lobot, Computer Laison officer
Captain Rex, 501st commander
Rodian trader
Queen Amidala
Antarian Ranger

Map: Teth Monastary

Round 1: I win Initative, he goes first. My opponent opens the door woth Lobot
Lobot, Computer Laison officer(he set up on the left, I set up on the right.).
We each activate a few people and don't move them. I open my door with my chamelion droid. We activate the rest of our characters, he is charging me and hiding behind the little alcoves.

Round 2: He wins initative, I go first. I activate Grievous. Then he shoots at IG-88, he misses and hits. Then, in a bold move, send Kit Fisto adjacent to my chamelion droid when I haven't activated IG-88 or my chamelion droid. Then I shoot with IG-88, I hit all four attacks, then I shoot with my chamelion dfroid and kill Kit Fisto. He shoots with Rex and hits once. We activate the rest of our characters and he sends Mace windu in an alcove.

Round 3: I get my reserves and lost initative. I bring in a battle droid sergant and a rocket battle droid.( Don't forget Gha Nachkt) I go first. I activate Grievous. He shoots again with Rex and hits both times. I activate most of my characters, he activates many of his characters. On his move, Mace Windu attampts to charge my chamelion droid and he kills it. I shoot woth IG-88 and my rocket battle droid and kill Mace Windu. He forefits after that.

Why did he think to charge with his Jedi, if he really wanted to, he could send someone to distract them or someone I would have to kill before I could shoot them.
I didn't say many of the details because I don't remember it that well, and sorry if this seems disorganized, this is my forst time posting a play report.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 9:51:57 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Not knowing who it was (and I'm not asking, for obvious reasons) and what their play style is, I'd say it sounds like they are newer to the game. I say this because of the squad choice (again, have no idea if he was playing by collection or not, etc) and how he played it.

Here's a good rule to live by until you can figure out how to not use it to your advantage:
Never split up your squad. If you charge with one character, charge with them all at once.

(again, this is a basic rule for newer players and should not be broken until they understand when to not use it.)
Segastorm
Posted: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 10:14:09 AM

The only thing, he's played the game for about 1.5 years.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 1:31:15 PM

Some people tend to forget that sound military tactics like flanking and feints don't translate well into SWM. Still, from what you describe, his actions were very suicidal and doomed. It also didn't help that your squad was much better constructed than his.

In any case, If I were playing his squad against yours, I'd mobile with Rex, Amidala, and the Ranger trying to whittle down your big units, and keeping the jedi nearby to rush if your army advances (Mace near the low HP units for a Repulse, Kit where he can intuition into a weaker character or away if init is lost). If I got Reserves, I'd pick a Jawa Scavenger, a Czerka, and a Mouse Droid.
Chargers
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 2:53:54 AM

easy ... he pulled a Jonny
Laugh
corranhorn
Posted: Thursday, August 12, 2010 8:47:47 AM

Yeah that amount of time seems right its not super stupid for inexperienced ppl aha, and yeah i find it annoying that military tactics can't translate well.....makes my knowledge of them sorta useless Bored