RegisterDonateLogin

Was a good friend.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Clone wars Season Two Options
Heisenberg
Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2010 9:44:04 AM
Groups: Member

What an amazing season! Truly showing some depth to the Jedi's struggles to maintain peace. I loved watching that Venator hit the dirt. That was awesome. Can somebody gif that?
Thechrisjohnson
Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2010 3:40:36 PM

I agree! They keep getting better. Could you imagine the stats on a zilo beast mini!
carnorjax1
Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2010 4:12:29 PM

I would like to see a new Aurra, Boba, Bossk, Embo, and Zula made, they were pretty neat characters, even if the first 3 didn't do much. I wonder what Season 3 will bring?
wannabe mexican
Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2010 11:07:44 PM

Thechrisjohnson wrote:
I agree! They keep getting better. Could you imagine the stats on a zilo beast mini!

You know you are a SWM addict when your first reaction to everything is 'can you imagine what the stats would be on that?!'

Also, yeah the season was pretty awesome. The Geonosis episodes were my favourites, with them flamethrowing geonosians.
cicrush13
Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2010 11:19:52 PM

Not going to lie, Boba is very disappointing to me. He's a total coward and this to me contradicts what we see from him in Episode 2. The season was very good overall, the finale just seemed blah to me.Glare
Lobotnik
Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2010 11:34:13 PM

cicrush13 wrote:
Not going to lie, Boba is very disappointing to me. He's a total coward and this to me contradicts what we see from him in Episode 2. The season was very good overall, the finale just seemed blah to me.Glare

Ditto.

Some really good episodes (I liked seeing Geonosians burn too) but I did not enjoy the finale and some of the other episodes.
kimble29
Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2010 11:35:54 PM

cicrush13 wrote:

I can't object to your own personal dissappointment but I don't agree that he acted totally different. Remember in Ep. 2 his attitude was always with Daddy Fett at his side. Now he's a young boy with no parents at all roaming the whole galaxy. That takes livin on the streets to a new level. Add in the fact that all dad's friends/allies are ruthless killers and destiny to become baddass or not he was probabbly terrified at that time in his life.

On a side note, I bet he was one helluva squeegie kid.
cicrush13
Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2010 11:51:32 PM

kimble29 wrote:
cicrush13 wrote:

I can't object to your own personal dissappointment but I don't agree that he acted totally different. Remember in Ep. 2 his attitude was always with Daddy Fett at his side. Now he's a young boy with no parents at all roaming the whole galaxy. That takes livin on the streets to a new level. Add in the fact that all dad's friends/allies are ruthless killers and destiny to become baddass or not he was probabbly terrified at that time in his life.

On a side note, I bet he was one helluva squeegie kid.

True, but at the same time we saw anger from him when he saw his dad die, he had no feelings for the jedi and he wanted revenge. He seemed like he wanted revenge but he didn't at the same time. I was expecting him to be a lil more of a bounty hunter, not a whiny kid that hadn't changed since Episode 2.
Heisenberg
Posted: Friday, May 14, 2010 6:22:01 AM

I think we are just not usd to seeing a vulnerable Boba Fett and alot of folks cant handle that. Its hard for me. I find it hard to not think about when the fat lady swings Boba Fett whenever i hear his name. Slayer through and through.
Thechrisjohnson
Posted: Friday, May 14, 2010 12:17:32 PM

One of my favorite parts: r2 throws a suction cup to the rhakgoul or what ever it was- then ties the other end to a Jedi star fighter and sends them both flying into a wall of distant rocks and a fiery explosion... Killer!!!!!!
Greybird
Posted: Friday, May 14, 2010 11:06:51 PM

Lobotnik wrote:
cicrush13 wrote:

Ditto.

Some really good episodes (I liked seeing Geonosians burn too) but I did not enjoy the finale and some of the other episodes.

Yep. I'll second that or third it or whatever. After looking forward to the finale, I came away really disappointed. I ended up liking that preview/trailer they did for it more than seeing the actual episode. But it wasn't just Boba's wishy-washy waffling back and forth that brought the episode down for me, but a number of things.

There were no cool fight scenes. The cool Slave 1 vs jedi starfighter action from the preview that I'd been excited about ended up being a lame comedic chase of Artoo in a fighter and running away. Bossk shows up, and, after not really doing anything, finally has a jedi get the drop on him and surrenders.

And Aurra Sing? Probably my biggest disappointment of the episode. She had a few far too brief, cool moments, but in the end was never really a serious danger for the jedi without a bomb going off somewhere. They completely deleted her lightsaber and failed jedi training, and, again, no really cool fight scene with her - just ineffectual deflected blaster shots and a pursuit (nice speederbike visuals though) and eventual defeat by padawan Ahsoka.

(Yeah, the Geonosia battle episodes were probably the best of the season.)
Sithborg
Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2010 2:12:02 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

I don't think Aurra is ever going to have a saber or be referred to as a failed padawan. Waaay too close to Asajj Ventress (which was a big disapointment for me this season). Which is fine, since they did seem to strongly hint at Aurra having a hatred towards the Jedi.

As for Boba, I thought his portrayal was perfect. His hesitation about killing helmetless clones, who look like his father is quite understandable. And fits with the almighty Traviss's view that he has daddy issues. His anger at being called "brother" was excellent. And really, assassinating someone from a far is quite, quite different from shooting an unarmed, captive. Quite different from the self defense shown in Aotc.

It was still a far, far stronger season that season 1.
shatterpoint7
Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2010 2:29:19 AM

I have to disagree. aurra is seen defending boba fett when in what i refer to as the real canon, she tries to kill him (young boba fett novels). boba eventually gets her sent to prison. these 2 stories DO NOT line up!
IG-108
Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2010 3:37:47 AM

Here's my brief overview of the season:

Geonosis battle = Good.
Young Boba Fett = Different, but not bad.
Bounty Hunters = Not bad, but could have done more with them, some disappointments (Bossk really didn't get to do anything).
Zillo Beast = Awesome.
Battle Droids = Still stupid.
Mandalorians = glad they were brought in, even if they don't follow EU canon well according to many people (I haven't read any of the mando books).
Grievous = made for two episodes of awesomeness and lots of lightsaber fighting.
Clones = going to run out of nicknames to use sooner or later.
Admiral Trench = sucks that he dies (or does he?). One of the few CIS commanders that isn't extremely overconfident in the show.
Aurra Sing = glad that she got to do more than she did in any of the movies.
All fight scenes = really cool.
Staying with known canon = Still needs work, but getting better IMO.

Heisenberg
Posted: Sunday, May 16, 2010 3:31:31 AM

Well, at least it gives the folks at wookiepedia something to do.
wannabe mexican
Posted: Sunday, May 16, 2010 7:09:14 AM

Thechrisjohnson wrote:
One of my favorite parts: r2 throws a suction cup to the rhakgoul or what ever it was- then ties the other end to a Jedi star fighter and sends them both flying into a wall of distant rocks and a fiery explosion... Killer!!!!!!

It looks more like a Gundark to me.
Jedi Christian
Posted: Sunday, May 16, 2010 8:08:18 AM

wannabe mexican wrote:
Thechrisjohnson wrote:

I thought so too.
Heisenberg
Posted: Monday, May 17, 2010 2:46:52 PM

Jedi Christian wrote:
wannabe mexican wrote:
Thechrisjohnson wrote:

I thought so too.

The planet they were on was Vanqor so in all likely hood yes.
Lobotnik
Posted: Monday, May 17, 2010 8:06:55 PM

Heisenberg wrote:
Jedi Christian wrote:
wannabe mexican wrote:
Thechrisjohnson wrote:

I thought so too.

The planet they were on was Vanqor so in all likely hood yes.

The really stupid cowardly bounty hunters says that the place was crawling with Gundarks so I think we can assume that was what they meant - also, the little arms under the big arms is very gundarky.