RegisterDonateLogin

Bloo you up, boom! How wude.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Lars Family Landspeeder Options
wannabe mexican
Posted: Monday, May 17, 2010 6:44:21 AM
Groups: Member

So I am watching A New Hope atm, and just got to the bit where Luke discovers R2 has run away. C-3PO appears from behind a landspeeder. I have watched this film countless times and this is literally the first time I have noticed this speeder!

I Heart Star Wars and how you can notice new things in it every time.
carnorjax1
Posted: Monday, May 17, 2010 8:13:16 AM

lol, I watched ANH once, only to try and catch a glimpse of the Outrider leaving Mos Eisley
wannabe mexican
Posted: Monday, May 17, 2010 8:46:12 AM

Wow, ok and I am almost certain I saw Bossk in the Cantina.
carnorjax1
Posted: Monday, May 17, 2010 9:27:17 AM

Then I watched ESB, to see if I could spot IG-88 in the Uggie Demo room, and the nefarious Ice Cream Maker guy on Cloud City. Then I proceeded to watch ROTJ looking for Amanaman and Dengar in Jabba's palace, and Tycho's A-wing fighter. Still can't find the Stormie hitting his head in ANH though...Glare
Urza Planeswalker Jedi Master
Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 5:58:50 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

carnorjax1 wrote:
Then I watched ESB, to see if I could spot IG-88 in the Uggie Demo room, and the nefarious Ice Cream Maker guy on Cloud City. Then I proceeded to watch ROTJ looking for Amanaman and Dengar in Jabba's palace, and Tycho's A-wing fighter. Still can't find the Stormie hitting his head in ANH though...Glare

I believe that was edited out in the Special Edition remakes. If you can find a copy of the original or the THX update from the mid 90s, they have it. Its when Han and Chewie and Luke and Leia get separated, you see one of the last stormtroopers hit their head.

Also in the older versions, when Luke and Leia are about to swing across the pit, you can see the discharged "shells" of pressurrized tibannic gas when Leia is firing the blaster rifle.
Lily_Wan
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 3:39:32 PM

carnorjax1 wrote:
Then I watched ESB, to see if I could spot IG-88 in the Uggie Demo room

And the Treadwell Droid and the Zuckuss mask? Smile
Lobotnik
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 9:57:20 PM

Urza Planeswalker Jedi Master wrote:
carnorjax1 wrote:

I believe that was edited out in the Special Edition remakes. If you can find a copy of the original or the THX update from the mid 90s, they have it. Its when Han and Chewie and Luke and Leia get separated, you see one of the last stormtroopers hit their head.

Also in the older versions, when Luke and Leia are about to swing across the pit, you can see the discharged "shells" of pressurrized tibannic gas when Leia is firing the blaster rifle.

It's still in the special edition, check out when they are in the trash compactor. When the stormies bust in on C-3PO and R2-D2. It's the one behind and to the right as you look at it. It's a huge crack when he hits it if you are listening out, sounds very plastic like lol.

The one thing I don't get is how many time Han or Chewie see Greedo before the incident yet he seems surprised. Then again I guess all rodians look the same to us BigGrin
Lobotnik
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 10:01:44 PM

Lily_Wan wrote:
carnorjax1 wrote:
Then I watched ESB, to see if I could spot IG-88 in the Uggie Demo room

And the Treadwell Droid and the Zuckuss mask? Smile

I had to check out Zuckuss. The other stuff I'd spotted. I guess they just chucked in all the props to make a junkyard. Still, it was only one of the IG-88 models...
Squid89
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 10:30:47 PM

The other IG-88 heads were holding the cantina bar dispensers together. Look behind Wuher some time.

A friend once pointed out the "Ubiquitous Man of Mos Eisley" to me and I now laugh every time I watch ANH. You can see a custom action figure of the guy here so you know what to look for: http://www.erikstormtrooper.com/ubiman.htm He's in a bunch (I forget the count, but at least 7) of exterior shots walking across the back of the screen or to the side. His outfit looks a bit like Luke, but with a dark vest and floppy hat.

If you like the Clone Wars movie at all (not quite as the thread was going) you can spot Gha Nacht in the movie. He is sitting at the bar outside Zirro's place when Padme goes to visit.