RegisterDonateLogin

Has been known to rip people's arms out of their sockets.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Star Wars Miniverse podcast, Episode #16 Options
Chargers
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 1:04:43 AM
Groups: Member

Star Wars Miniverse (or SWMv for short), a podcast devoted to the magic of the SWM skirmish game, continues with a brand new show.

In Episode 16, we revisit some of the new Special Abilities and Commander Effects in Masters of the Force as well as review figures from MotF. We also give a report on our league play and how the Minis Mayham cross over challenge went. Plus the usual segments including a new Top 10 list.

Click on "show notes" to get the links, files, etc for the items that are covered in that episode.

visit our website for web-only goodies:
http://www.swminiverse.com
(there is some good stuff here that we don't talk about on the show)

Downloadable mp3 are also available of each episode. Just check the link for each individual show.

NEW ~ Forums at: http://www.swminiverse.proboards.com/
You can go directly to the forums or access them from our website.

Subscribe on iTunes (or other provider). You can also subscribe straight from the site above:
http://web.me.com/markandjill/SW_Miniverse/Star_Wars_Miniverse/rss.xml

You may also do a search on iTunes for Star Wars Miniverse.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Email:
swminiverse@gmail.com
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2010 4:17:15 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

As I am listening to this podcast, I heard the bit about Stable Footing. I recently answered this same question in the Rules section and per the Legacy rules insert, when SF first came out, SF has always included "difficult terrain" (yellow) and "low objects" (green). BlooMilk

Along these lines...you mentioned that Huges gain Stable Footing. Was this for a local group/league? I might have missed that in the discussion...
philn1i1
Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2010 11:21:48 AM
Groups: Member

We did play a game where Huges got Stable Footing in our local league. It's something we've always wanted to see added to the game itself.

However, in the episode, I think you caught us! I thought this was a change to DCI rules, but was wrong. Huges lose Rigid, but did not gain Stable Footing. I think Tim and I got so caught up in our discussion and what we had done in league, we mistakenly added that ourselves to DCI! Thanks for catching that...we'll have to errata ourselves in the next show!

I went way back to LotF rules as well and found exactly what you found. However, somewhere along the way, I think a number of players (myself included) simply went by what was on the card and completely forgot what was on the insert.