RegisterDonateLogin

Will not condone a course of action that will lead it's people to war.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Ever have a realisation that you can NEVER trust a particular person ever again? Options
Sashlon
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 8:50:29 PM
Groups: Member

So my ex-partner just screwed me over really good. My 10yo son is going overseas on monday for 2 weeks and she's denying me the opportunity to see him before he goes.

To top it all off monday is my wife's birthday also, so she wont get to see him on her special day.

Angry Cursing Mad Sad Sneaky ThumbDown

Ever been totally screwed by someone, and realised you trusted too much?

Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with minis, I just needed to vent it somewhere.

BlooMilk
wannabe mexican
Posted: Friday, May 28, 2010 10:21:10 PM

Dude that sucks.
Uggie Demo
Posted: Saturday, May 29, 2010 3:46:30 AM

I've gotten my trust broken, but just on a lesser scale then this(no where near this)
Yeah, that stinks man :(
Sashlon
Posted: Saturday, May 29, 2010 8:05:00 AM

I mean I'm a pretty mellow guy, but I just am so upset. I mean he's leaving the country for 2 weeks, and all I can do is say goodbye over the phone. And my wife has a really great relationship with him (something I'm sure my ex just loves), I took Isaac and bought her a special birthday gift just from him, now the whole thing is ruined.

We had had an agreement that we would see him before he left. But the deal has been 'altered' lol

On a lighter note, she told me that my family was "most welcome" to call Isaac to say goodbye. Well, she's going to get a lot of phone calls today, as everyone in my family is gong to phone Isaac individually to say goodbye and wish him well. So that'll be 14-15 calls lol

Then she's going to be hearing from my lawyer, and our 'mediated' custody agreement is going to become a fully legally binding document.

BlooMilk
wannabe mexican
Posted: Saturday, May 29, 2010 8:35:29 AM

Maybe you should keep quiet and pray she doesn't alter it further...you don't want to end up with an imperial garrison in your home man.
Sashlon
Posted: Saturday, May 29, 2010 8:41:45 AM

Nope, I'm done with it.

We are going to have a legal custody agreement signed by a judge, and then I never have to 'negotiate' or 'deal' with her again. We will just follow the orders of the court, and there will be no more of this rubbish.

OK, rant over lol

Xeonaught
Posted: Sunday, May 30, 2010 2:02:01 PM

Yea sashlon, i know someone who sounds like your ex and the only way they will co-operate is if you make it so there is no choice. I'd talk to my lawyer also. or you could always go into "aggresive negotiations".

( I in no way condone family violence, my last comment was purely ment as a star wars refrence for the purpose of this forum, so please dont flame war )
CC-23478
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2010 11:12:49 AM

I know how you feel man, on many levels

My parents are divorced, my dad left for a state on the other end of the country before I knew what the word divorce meant, and I see him maybe once a year.

That left a sort of emotional scar in which I was over-trusting, and I've gotten screwed over as a result of that many times...

Then, my best friend tried to lure me into a trap, saying things like "I will always be there for you" and "you mean the world to me" and then telling me "I would have gone out with you before I got to know you" (that was shortly after I told her I am autistic) and now I have a hard time trusting anyone.

So yeah, I feel for you vod.

We all have people like that in our lives, just don't let it get to you, and try to keep a healthy relationship with your son.

Don't make the same mistakes my dad did.

The lawyer would get things done, but it would only worsen the problem. If you force your ex into cooperating, she may indoctrinate your son, things like that. Tread carefully.

Stay strong :)