RegisterDonateLogin

That's game.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

What Would You Change Options
Segastorm
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2010 9:52:41 AM
Groups: Member

What mistakes do you think George Lucas made, and how would change the mistake?

Please don't use any URL links. Just your opinions of George Lucas's mistakes and the changes you would make.
saeseetiin
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2010 10:25:53 AM

Ewoks it should have been Wookies.
Darth_Ewok_Fett
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2010 11:20:55 AM

More effort put into turn Anakin. In the movie he hopped over pretty quick. He went from zero to ahh the dark side rules in a hurry.
kezzamachine
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2010 11:32:06 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I would have cast me and members of my family in starring roles.
trappedslider
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2010 1:48:46 PM

i would have flimed it the same way,but not updating the videos by adding in new stuff,or taking out old styuff...jsut release the same way over and over again working the hardest on not upseting the old fans and hoping to pick up the new younger fans.
joelker41
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2010 1:59:26 PM

kezzamachine wrote:
I would have cast me and members of my family in starring roles.

The OP said what MISTAKES would you correct...I think you read that wrong.Laugh

On topic:

I would have reworked nearly all of the dialogue of episodes 1-3. The interaction between Anakin and Padme on a dialogue level is honestly the worst I have ever seen in a movie.
Falconjo
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2010 2:40:32 PM

I wouldnt have casted Hayden Christensen..
Jedi Master Chief
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2010 3:11:09 PM

Falconjo wrote:
I wouldnt have casted Hayden Christensen..

GASP you werent in love with him.
But he was so convincing and not annoying or bitchy at all

i Agree 100%
empirejeff
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2010 3:45:49 PM

Jar Jar Binks should over throw papaltine, and become emperor jar jar. Then he can say me so happy to be your ruler.
kezzamachine
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2010 5:06:31 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I resemble that remark...
qvos
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2010 8:57:35 PM

I wouldn't have had Leia say that she had any memories of her Mother at all,,,, Common, she was like less then a minute old when she died!,
I can live with that but I have a hard time watching Greedo Shoot 1st.. What was GL thinking????????????
DarthJak
Posted: Monday, May 31, 2010 10:38:02 PM

jar jarMad could have been a lot less moronic
Jay_Bounty_Hunter
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2010 5:29:49 AM

I think episodes I and II were mistakes. Don't hate me, I did love them but would've preferred to start the prequels when Anakin turned. That way we could've had two full movies worth of Vader stalking remaining Jedi through the galaxy. Obiwan following Luke through the teen years could've been interesting too. Jar Jar...mistake; whiney kid version Anakin.....mistake; CGI Dooku fights......mistake; meaningful dialogue...non-existent; Darth Maul....rocked, almost makes up for all of the mistakes of episdoe I and II by himself.
Lobotnik
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2010 6:14:28 AM

The new song in Jabba's palace; way too much CGI; Padme dying so quickly and Obi Wan finding out she had twins; R2-D2 and C-3PO in the prequels; basically most of the tweaks made once GL had enough money to not worry about what the fans thought.
trappedslider
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2010 7:12:40 AM

Lobotnik wrote:
The new song in Jabba's palace; way too much CGI; Padme dying so quickly and Obi Wan finding out she had twins; R2-D2 and C-3PO in the prequels; basically most of the tweaks made once GL had enough money to not worry about what the fans thought.

I hope you read my post,cuz its almost the samething as what you said...
CC-23478
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2010 11:03:14 AM

At qvos:
Leia's memories aren't of padme, but of Bail's wife (who died not long after). I remember reading it in the Q&A of one of the issues of insider.

Me...I would have changed the whole "luke, han, and leia are invincible" thing.

In some interview or something, I remember Harrison Ford saying that he believed one of the main characters should have died in ROTJ, it would have made it more suspensful. He had even volunteered Han Solo for that role.

I agree with him 100%, that would have made it better.

I don't like the fact that you know the above 3 will never risk dying, and it takes a lot of the interest out of the novels for me.

The rebels could have used a good martyr (not that the whole planet of Alderaan wasn't a good martyr).

That, and the stormtroopers should have slaughtered the ewoks...
qvos
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2010 12:38:33 PM

CC-23478 wrote:
At qvos:
Leia's memories aren't of padme, but of Bail's wife (who died not long after). I remember reading it in the Q&A of one of the issues of insider.

M
I don't understand that answer in Insider. Luke was asking her if she had any memories of her mother because he knew they had the same mother, He was therefore asking her to tell him about their mother.
Also, nowhere in the OT or Pt is there any indication that Breha died while Leia was very young. Perhaps in the EU, but that is certainly open to scrutiny.
CerousMutor
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2010 7:39:24 PM

1st
Anni (grrr) was way too young in EP:1. He should have been Lukes age or a little younger. That would then tie in with OLD Ben Kenobi, and him telling Luke 'your father was already a great pilot when i met him' an give weight to them being best friends as master and apprentice.

2nd
Maul should have been what Dooku was. Absolutely no offence meant to Christopher Lee on this.
Maul besting but not killing any jedi in EP: 1. would be the first step in showing Anni (grrr) the strength of the dark side.

3rd
Ep: 2. Qui gon gets killed by Maul. Obi gets promoted and then Dooku (still on the council) takes Skywalker under his wing and starts to teach him 'other talents in the force' Dooku is playing both side of the fence here, pretending to be a jedi but working for an unseen Sith Master.
Anakins mother is killed by sand people, we see the first PROPER glimpse of his power. not the pants thing that was thrown at us like a bone scrap.
He is conflicted with jedi/sith teachings. Meets Padme again, Dooku the whole time stirring the pot.

4th
Maul leads the attack on Geonosis. Maul best Obi Wan, knocking him out and the bests Dooku. Dooku tells Skywalker the only way he can beat Maul is with the darkside.
He almost does, Yoda stops him and beats Maul who escapes taking Dooku “hostage”, leaving Anakin totally confused on his loyalties.

5th
Anakin turns more to padme for guidance. Obi wan tries to continue Anakins teachings as the war grows worse. Yoda and Mace are concerned that someone is manipulating the whole war and the jedi order.
Mace discovers Palpatine is the Phantom Menace. He confronts Palps. Maul and Dooku fight Mace. Mace bests Maul, and mortally wounds Dooku. Anakin see this. Dooku stirs the pot one last time and dies in Anakins arms. His Master fell at the hands of a Jedi. Anakin fights Mace fully embracing the darside now. He kills Mace, Palps takes him as his Sith apprentice.
Yoda and Obi Wan feel all this and know they must put a stop to it.
Yoda goes after Palps. Yoda fights Maul and palps, Yoda kills maul but is beaten by palps.
Obi wan goes after his old friend…the film plays out the same form here except without the poo Frankenstein moment..”noooooooooo”, more of an erupting volcano of sith power moment would be here.

So I wouldnt change too much because lucas sort of nailed it the first time round :P
empirejeff
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2010 7:56:17 PM

yoda needs to be a sith lord
wannabe mexican
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2010 8:15:59 PM

CerousMutor wrote:
1st
Anni (grrr) was way too young in EP:1. He should have been Lukes age or a little younger. That would then tie in with OLD Ben Kenobi, and him telling Luke 'your father was already a great pilot when i met him' an give weight to them being best friends as master and apprentice.

2nd
Maul should have been what Dooku was. Absolutely no offence meant to Christopher Lee on this.
Maul besting but not killing any jedi in EP: 1. would be the first step in showing Anni (grrr) the strength of the dark side.

3rd
Ep: 2. Qui gon gets killed by Maul. Obi gets promoted and then Dooku (still on the council) takes Skywalker under his wing and starts to teach him 'other talents in the force' Dooku is playing both side of the fence here, pretending to be a jedi but working for an unseen Sith Master.
Anakins mother is killed by sand people, we see the first PROPER glimpse of his power. not the pants thing that was thrown at us like a bone scrap.
He is conflicted with jedi/sith teachings. Meets Padme again, Dooku the whole time stirring the pot.

4th
Maul leads the attack on Geonosis. Maul best Obi Wan, knocking him out and the bests Dooku. Dooku tells Skywalker the only way he can beat Maul is with the darkside.
He almost does, Yoda stops him and beats Maul who escapes taking Dooku “hostage”, leaving Anakin totally confused on his loyalties.

5th
Anakin turns more to padme for guidance. Obi wan tries to continue Anakins teachings as the war grows worse. Yoda and Mace are concerned that someone is manipulating the whole war and the jedi order.
Mace discovers Palpatine is the Phantom Menace. He confronts Palps. Maul and Dooku fight Mace. Mace bests Maul, and mortally wounds Dooku. Anakin see this. Dooku stirs the pot one last time and dies in Anakins arms. His Master fell at the hands of a Jedi. Anakin fights Mace fully embracing the darside now. He kills Mace, Palps takes him as his Sith apprentice.
Yoda and Obi Wan feel all this and know they must put a stop to it.
Yoda goes after Palps. Yoda fights Maul and palps, Yoda kills maul but is beaten by palps.
Obi wan goes after his old friend…the film plays out the same form here except without the poo Frankenstein moment..”noooooooooo”, more of an erupting volcano of sith power moment would be here.

So I wouldnt change too much because lucas sort of nailed it the first time round :P

Those are actuually some pretty good suggestions that would have made the saga a bit more believeable.

My only issue is with the first point. As it stands now what Ben Kenobi said about Ani being a good pilot and a best friend are still true. Anakin's pod racing skills were pretty good, and we can see from the clone wars cartoons and series that they are pretty solid friends.