RegisterDonateLogin

Was a good friend.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Lucas sure loves his child demographic- and here's why: Options
Gemini1179
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2010 7:45:02 AM
Groups: Member

http://www.clonewarsadventures.com/news.html

Yep it's an MMO aimed at KIDS! Duel with LIGHTSABERS! Battle against the evil droid armies of the Separatists! Tell your parents all you need is a credit card!

Ungh. I'll pass thank you and enjoy The Old Republic when it comes out.
defender390
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2010 8:16:21 AM

This is what is wrong with Star Wars. This demographic targeting gave us the travesty that is Ahsoka.
trappedslider
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2010 9:53:10 AM

This looks like it will be easier to get in than an Old republic game for folks new to the Star Wars who got intersted thanks to the cartoon

defender390 wrote:
This is what is wrong with Star Wars. This demographic targeting gave us the travesty that is Ahsoka.

yes the brand shouldn't target anyone under the age of 30 and it should catter to ONLY the old fans who were alive when it was frist made no matter if it makes money or notRollEyes
CC-23478
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2010 10:54:14 AM

Hey, what about me?

I'm 17!

I like to be catered to... O_O

I do think this MMO thing is stupid - like the LEGO one they're doing - but it is a franchise...

And I've seen both sides of the arguement; older fans think it's catered too much to kids, parents with kids in the "younger demographic" think it's too mature for kids (i.e. Cad Bane) and as such I think it's a mix...

It is better then the old anime-style clone wars, though

And, personally, I like Ahsoka

She's an interesting character, and I find her interactions with other characters, such as Captain Rex, to be amusing.

In contrast, I don't like Luke Skywalker, because he seems to me to be too whiny and generic. (And the fact that you know he'll always win the fight makes him less interesting).

All I'm trying to say is, well, we each have our own likes in the saga, and we shouldn't bash each other over it, but rather enjoy it for what it is...the best source of entertainment this side of the greater javin.

Demosthenes
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2010 11:03:01 AM

I just can't wait to see who finally offs Ahsoka. Not to be mean or anything. =P
wannabe mexican
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2010 8:53:14 PM

Demosthenes wrote:
I just can't wait to see who finally offs Ahsoka. Not to be mean or anything. =P

I want Asajj Ventress to bust a cap in her.
Squid89
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2010 9:04:59 PM

Targeting children has worked just fine for him for 30+ years, why stop now? Only difference is some of us have gotten older over the years and are no longer the target audience. When Star Wars first came out, how many parents stood in line for the movie multiple times just for themselves or bought all the action figures without kids of their own? The current adult crowd gets thrown a bone every now and again, this game doesn't happen to be one of those times.

And Ahsoka has grown on me I guess. She does play an interesting foil to Anakin and helps him to mature and be a little responsible. As a padawan, she has way too much influence on the Jedi Council for my likes, but that isn't a character flaw just part of the storylines.
defender390
Posted: Wednesday, June 2, 2010 12:33:07 AM

trappedslider wrote:
defender390 wrote:

yes the brand shouldn't target anyone under the age of 30 and it should catter to ONLY the old fans who were alive when it was frist made no matter if it makes money or notRollEyes

I realize that, I just don't like it.
Sithborg
Posted: Wednesday, June 2, 2010 3:17:04 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Just because the major focus is on the CW, which is understandably targetted toward younger kids, though imo, it is striking a great balance ala Batman TAS, continuity fanatics not withstanding.
And with TOR, TFU II, and numerous novel and comic projects, I fail to see how the older fan isn't being catered to.
And speaking bad of Lego Star Wars shows your true colors. The games are fun, if easy, and the humor is fantastic. It was made by SW fans.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, June 2, 2010 3:33:07 AM

Yeah, the Lego games are great. They made for an excellent wind-down game after playing the difficult hard-core games and you got a lot of content for your buck.

CC-23478
Posted: Wednesday, June 2, 2010 7:56:32 AM

Sorry guys, I should have been more clear

I wasn't speaking bad about lego star wars - I love the games - I was talking about LEGO making an MMO

Lego is undoubtedly a kids toy - more-so then our favorite galaxy - and making an MMO targetted to kids doesn't seem like a good idea to me...

I have no problem with the lego star wars...

Sorry about my unclear statement
Durge Dude
Posted: Wednesday, June 2, 2010 8:33:53 AM

CC-23478 wrote:
Hey, what about me?

I'm 17!

I like to be catered to... O_O

I do think this MMO thing is stupid - like the LEGO one they're doing - but it is a franchise...

And I've seen both sides of the arguement; older fans think it's catered too much to kids, parents with kids in the "younger demographic" think it's too mature for kids (i.e. Cad Bane) and as such I think it's a mix...

It is better then the old anime-style clone wars, though

And, personally, I like Ahsoka

She's an interesting character, and I find her interactions with other characters, such as Captain Rex, to be amusing.

In contrast, I don't like Luke Skywalker, because he seems to me to be too whiny and generic. (And the fact that you know he'll always win the fight makes him less interesting).

All I'm trying to say is, well, we each have our own likes in the saga, and we shouldn't bash each other over it, but rather enjoy it for what it is...the best source of entertainment this side of the greater javin.

I completely agree with CC here
trappedslider
Posted: Wednesday, June 2, 2010 5:57:59 PM

CC-23478 wrote:
Sorry guys, I should have been more clear

I wasn't speaking bad about lego star wars - I love the games - I was talking about LEGO making an MMO

Lego is undoubtedly a kids toy - more-so then our favorite galaxy - and making an MMO targetted to kids doesn't seem like a good idea to me...

The cool thing with the Lego MMO is that you bulid it in the MMO they will for a fee send you pieces to make your creation in real life along with the steps,so thats a selling point for me.
empirejeff
Posted: Thursday, June 3, 2010 6:28:27 PM

if vader should hunt down anyone, its jar jar