RegisterDonateLogin

Takes the Twin off the Flurry off the Twin and still has the Double left.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Heres my play report for Idaho Regionals Options
nerfherderpictures
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2010 7:39:47 AM
Groups: Member

If you want to know what I was running heres the link.
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/View.aspx?ID=84837

I was running my Power of the Gungan squad
if you want to comment and rate I would appreciate the support.

here is the play report.

Round One

Opponents squad= Han Cannon

Results= My win

Well my first gungan build i playtested was with shak ti jm for melee support but, it didn't work out to well. eventually i ended up with the version that u can see now. the game whent 4 rounds before any shots were fired, and so forth i put my Depa in sight just to draw some fire and the opponent was a little nervous about doing that because he knew i would cesta him back. but i gave him no choice by taking control of the gambit control. then i just cestad away and kept moving them in and out of line of sight using there mobile attack. he lost han shortly after then i advanced my gungans forward taking out the stealth of the ERC's with depa. in the end i only lost depa and three gungan Artillerists.

Round Two

Opponent's Squad=Yobuck swap

Result= My Win
this was a tough one
yobuck moved in and swapede for rex taking out depa and R2 astro in one go, but rex died thanks to the opponent missing alot of the saves from the cestas, after that i focused on killing Jar Jar from a safe distance it took a while and 4 gungans died in the proccess, but then it was the rest of my forces versus yobuck himself and i pulled a narrow win thanks to a lucky crit from Queen Amidala.

Round Three

Opponent=Han cannon with Kazdan and Anakin FS

Result= my win

pretty much the opponent tried to swarm me with droids but that didnt go to well. gungans stomped them down as fast as they came out. han died pretty quickkly as well.

Round Four

Opponent= lukes landspeeder cannon

result= my win
this was actually my toughest match the game lasted the whole hour of me cesting his speeder alot and him tring to get sight of my gungans, he took out three gungan artillerists and I took out his han. i won because of the five rounds of gambit i collected

round 5
opponent= imperial super stealth swap
result= my win
pretty much my opponent used anakin sith apprentice and dash as his damage out put with 2 storm commandos, i used depa to counter stealth along with the rodians and took the storm commandos down first then the vader and the dash. my opponent wasnt ready for a stealth killer.

round 6
opponent= han cannon
my win
why were people runnig so much han cannon pretty much a repeat of round one.

round 7
opponent= Lancer
this was a battle of positioning. i had to make a risky move by towing an artillerist in plain view but the opponent wasnt ready for it and i activated the two lancers in two cestas costing me both R2 and the artillerist but it gave me time to position the rest of my squad for a cesta assault of epic proportions.

round 8
opponent= NR leia Skywalker Mara Jade Jedi squad
result =my loss
pretty much the opponent based me and my cestas werent going through thanks to the leia skywalkers CE
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2010 7:47:58 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I have played a similar squad and the key is Force Sense. You can use Depa or new Zuckuss.

Congrats on the great results! (I assume you won Round 7?)
wannabe mexican
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2010 8:26:15 AM

Yeah I hope you won round seven. I hate sacrificing my units, but sometimes it has to be done for the greater good.
nerfherderpictures
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2010 1:07:44 PM

ya round seven was a win
Squid89
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2010 10:26:12 PM

Nice creativity on the squad. Sounds like you are able to take full advantage of the interactions. Nice report as well - thanks for the write-up.
Chargers
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 2:53:21 AM

Congratulations on the great play and record to show for it. I love it when an atypical team does well.
greentime
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 6:32:05 AM

What the heck was your opponent thinking giving you shots on both Lancers? Obviously well played on your part, but that is an error of just unbelievable proportions (especially as it must have been first or second turn, or else you wouldn't have had any Gungans left by then anyway).
nerfherderpictures
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 12:32:37 PM

pretty much i saw an opening and i before my opponent noticed his set up and he didnt pay attention to the gungans two square speed boost which allowed me to get the shots off
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 2:00:21 PM

I'm curious - what map were you guys playing on?
nerfherderpictures
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 10:44:26 PM

i believe it was revenge oh the sith starter
LoboStele
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 12:43:31 AM

Idaho regionals? Didn't even know there was one happening out that way. Nice job with the Gungans. They did well at least year's Regionals/GenCon as well, so I'm not terribly surprised. Can be tricky to play sometimes, but can be deadly when the rolls go the way you want.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 1:09:42 AM

nerfherderpictures wrote:
i believe it was revenge oh the sith starter

Ah, I can see how you could pull it off on that map. Congrats on your gutsy play (and tourney win). If you hadn't, you were a goner in that match. That's awesome. BlooMilk
nerfherderpictures
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 1:18:48 AM

toook second not first
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 1:51:49 AM

Lol, right. Still a very impressive record. BlooMilk
Jonnyb815
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2010 7:12:35 AM

If we are going to call the ID event a regional I want to see a store name with a number I can call,Full Report and who the judge was. I still dont believe it should be called an regional just because it so called had good numbers. They didnt go through the right channels to setup there event why should it be called a regional. I didnt call the WI one a regional because it wasnt sponsored by Wizards last year. Yes this year regionals were sponsored by Gamers. I didnt see there name on the list. I didnt even see Wizard,Bloomilk or gamer threads about the event. I am ok calling it a minis state championship but not a regional.
nerfherderpictures
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2010 2:04:37 PM

ya i agree with you the prize supprt was horrible as well
billiv15
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 6:53:32 AM

Not to take away from the event, but I would be remiss if I didn't point out that using the Rots Starter means they were not using the Restricted Map list, which should explain some of the results and squad choices.

As to calling it a "Regional" just change the name to something like Idaho Awesomeness or some such, otherwise you are misleading people. It wasn't an official regional, and didn't use the regional rules (at least the map list anyway, no way of knowing what else you used).

Anyways, very nice tournament report, and congrats on 2nd. Gungans are always a nice counter to a lot of things, and when the rolls go your way, they are deadly. Last year Jonny took 2nd in Chicago with Gungans, and Frank placed 3rd at Gencon in the Champs with em, so shouldn't be a real shock that they did well to anyone (nor should Nerf be given praise for being a squad genius, or being "creative" as some of you have done). I'd try Zuckuss next time instead of Depa (I think I mentioned that in your squad thread as well.) That also gets you Anticipation which can be critical in some cases for the gungans (like needing the activation part of cesta on a lancer :)).
qvos
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 1:03:56 PM

Congrats!, I love that Gungan Team!