RegisterDonateLogin

If you strike Bloo Milk down, it shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Drafting League - Schedule, Standings, and Results Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 1:30:06 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

R5Don4 will be taking over empirejeff's squad for the playoffs.
R5Don4
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 11:01:58 AM
Groups: Member

Jeff was a little short on the Darkside units so I had to draft a few more from the leftovers

Darkside

--Jeff's Darkside--
63 General Grievous, Scourge of the Jedi
49 Sith Heavy Assault Droid
28 Sly Moore
19 Super Battle Droid Commander
16 A4-Series Lab Droid
8 R5 Astromech Droid
8 R7 Astromech Droid
3 Mouse Droid
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 10 activations)

Dreamteam

--Oh Jeff--
55 Darth Vader, Scourge of the Jedi
51 Count Dooku of Serenno
35 Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Master
23 Sith Lord
20 Cade Skywalker, Padawan
16 Juggernaut War Droid

(200pts. 6 activations)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, August 30, 2010 10:53:09 AM

In the upset of the century, FlyingArrow 189-139 over Weeks! Okay, maybe just the upset of the league - the #8 seed over the #1 seed.

(Caveat: Weeks missed 7 of 8 saves.)

FlyingArrow:
--Light Side, Drafting League--
55 General Obi-Wan Kenobi
40 Luminara Unduli, Jedi Master
32 Dass Jennir
30 Barriss Offee, Jedi Knight
17 Jedi Sentinel
12 Antarian Ranger
8 R7 Astromech Droid
6 Mouse Droid x2
(200pts. 9 activations)

Weeks:
--Draft Lightside--
50 Han Solo, Galactic Hero
49 Luke Skywalker, Champion of the Force
45 Mara Jade, Jedi
27 Ferus Olin
13 Chagrian Mercenary Commander
9 R2-D2 with Extended Sensor
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
(196pts. 7 activations)

--- I may have misremembered some of these details. ---

Played on Ravaged Base (Weeks' map), FlyingArrow chose right side. First round GOWK charged to gambit with Knight Speed. Weeks' squad was moving in through the main corridor.

Round 2, FlyingArrow's R7 locked the door to the Command Center while Weeks set up outside.

Round 3, FlyingArrow unlocked the door to get off the first shot in the ensuing combat, with the Antarian hitting Luke, but Ferus taking the damage. Han hit Barriss for 60, and then she healed herself. Mara charged in, but needed a force point to get there so couldn't use Lightsaber Assault on Luminara. Mara missed one of the Twin attacks but put 30 damage on Luminara, and then took 40 herself in return from Luminara's Double Attack. Luke also charged in and Used the Force to put 60 more damage on Luminara, and then she died from the Flurry. Shots from the Sentinel and Dass put 30 more damage on Mara, but I think Ferus took part of that damage. The round ended with a big Force Push 3 from GOWK, moving Ferus, Luke, and Mara back into the main corridor out of the Command Center, and shutting the door.

Round 4, FlyingArrow wins init and gives it to Weeks. Weeks moved the ugnaught in to run interference for Luke and open the door. Luke was protected, but Dass had clear LOS to Mara, and used Dispassionate Killer to kill Mara. Second attack was on Han, but he evaded it. (The only save Weeks made all game.) Full-HP Dass failed the DK save and died, but at least he took out Mara before she could do a Lightsaber Assault. I don't quite remember what happened next, but at the end of the round, GOWK had abandoned gambit to move to the northwest corner of the Command Center (near the Sentinel), and Ferus has used Dark Temptation to kill Barriss and then failed the save. Barriss was dead, but not before she rolled a crit that was cancelled by Luke's Alter. (The reroll hit but not a crit, and I don't remember who she was swinging at.) The Sentinel and the Antarian kept chipping away at people - I think the Antarian killed the ugnaught that round and the Sentinel hit Han.

At the end of the round Ferus, Han, and the Chagrian were congregated by the door between the Command Center and the main hallway. A crucial init was coming up - if FlyingArrow would have won it, he could have killed both Han and the Chagrian by either using GOWK (Force Push 3 to kill Han and the Chagrian as well as Ferus) or using Ferus (with another Dark Temptation).

Weeks won the init thanks to R2's Recon, used Han to kill Ferus (combining fire with the Chagrian just to be sure) and then moved Han away. GOWK used Knight Speed to move down and base Han, Luke, and the Chagrian. (Chagrian missed the aoo on the way there.) GOWK dealt 20 damage to Luke, who then dealt 40 in return. Luke didn't have enough force points at that time to Use the Force. The Sentinel and Antarian killed the Chagrian, leading to another crucial init.

Despite the Recon, FlyingArrow got lucky and won init. Han and R2 had 30 HP each, and Luke had 40. After GOWK's second Force Push 3 of the game, Luke was the only piece Weeks had left and he was down to 10 HP. Of course, after Luke came back and attacked GOWK, GOWK was down to 10 HP as well. But the Antarian was able to end it with a final hit on Luke, and then Luke's Deflect failed.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, September 4, 2010 12:41:41 PM

Extension granted due to Vassal being down so much.
buttcabbge
Posted: Sunday, September 5, 2010 1:22:53 PM

Playoffs Round 1: buttcabbge defeats curler88j 201-131.

I ran my Mixed team; he ran his Light side team (I don't know if you want us to post them again since they're already on the thread--nobody had reinforcements or anything). It was close throughout, and he did a very nice job positioning his turret to make my movement a problem, and he also did a nice job tucking deena shan in behind it to cut off my commander effects. Early on, I was able to kill his skiff with General Skywalker, which meant I had all the movement breakers on my side. Still, he was able to kill General Sky back at me, and took the lead briefly before I used a Senate Commando to kill Deena, which then freed up Luke Commando to kill VAR with a series of Cunning +20 attacks. At that point, I just had enough of a firepower advantage that it was just a matter of time.

It's also worth noting that I won all but one initiative, and given how dependent my squad is on cunning, that was not a small thing. It was a fun, challenging game--I had a good time with it.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, September 7, 2010 1:10:21 AM

No need to re-post the squads. Just need to know which ones have already been used. For ease of reference, all of the squads are posted on the Google spreadsheet that was used to track the draft.

===

The #4/#5 game was not played in time. Both teams have been dropped to the lower bracket and the highest seed in the lower bracket will be moved to the upper bracket. (That's Weeks, the #1 seed.)

The #4 and #5 seeds have until Wednesday night to declare which of their squads will be considered "used". Otherwise, the mixed squads will be considered used.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, September 8, 2010 9:43:21 AM

The 2 vs 7 game was not played, so the 6 seed has been moved to the upper bracket.

All teams who did not play their Round 1 game - your MIXED squad is considered used.

Round 2 of the playoffs is now active. All teams have a game for round 2 (even if you lost and even if you did not play your round 1 game). See the schedule at the beginning of this thread.
creme_brule
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 10:14:55 AM

THIS MATCH WAS PLAYED SUNDAY

Creme wins over gold34; 94-54 (or scores around that...)

It was Tractor Beam Reactor Coupling (Dark vs. Dark squad)...and it was a really close match most of the way. We both setup at the bottom of the map--bsically the top half of the board was never used. I got a really good move with a swap and boba missile on his Ani, Rex, 501st commander, and lando--they all made their missile saves except ani who fprr'd it for the save. T.T...i made some sloppy errors which resulted in juhani taking some dmg and tarkin dying...near the end juhani bases ani and slashes...and misses. she also atttacked rex twice (rage) and missed both--i seruosly thought those dice were rigged as juhani missed ALL her attacks and literally 1 or 2 rolls after hermisses a 20 appears on the die...*sigh*...basically it came down to a full HP asajj SA vs. his 110 HP ani SA...ani died. basically he conceded at that point, as time was way overdue and i had to leave to do some work. Great game and i hope to play gold again!!
Weeks
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 3:51:51 PM

Weeks 158- buttcabbage 77

I used my Mixed Squad he used his Lightside squad.

Really interesting game came down to San Hill being a total Pimp and giving me the act edge. Kyles disruptive helped immensely too.
buttcabbge
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 6:35:04 PM

It's all true.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2010 11:24:52 AM

A sad ending to the league, but as none of the other games were played we now have the final standings for the league. I'll update the first few posts in a second. (curler88j and I tried to get our game in but the schedules didn't work out.)

Congrats to Weeks for winning the league!
Weeks
Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2010 3:37:56 PM

Oh wow cool! Thanks to FlyingArrow for the league i really enjoyed it.