RegisterDonateLogin

Could still beat you with 1 Doombot tied behind its back.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

VCBL Standings and Reporting Thread [Week 5 through Thursday, September 2nd] Options
Demosthenes
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 7:36:32 AM
Groups: Member

FlyingArrow vs. Demosthenes
Map: Black Pit Slums

Demosthenes wins, 93-68. No idea how I survived this one. FlyingArrow's squad was deadly, but unfortunately, his dice rolls were not, lol. Better watch out if you play him later in the Season!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 7:39:08 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Confirmed. "Miss by 1" was the story of my rolls. Happened at least 5 times.

I guess this game might technically be late, but I hope it's accepted. The rules said "Thursday, July 23" and to day is July 23. I thought we had a week and the schedules were posted Saturday - didn't see the early deadline until today.
Demosthenes
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 8:27:08 AM

The funniest moment in our match will have to remain a secret, as it would give away one of his key pieces, but suffice to say it could not have been any more ironic, lol.
TheStarkiller
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2010 9:44:38 AM

Weeks (winner) vs Starkiller (not so much a winner)
157 to 64 on Mustafar (map pack 2)

I love that map, and it was an intense game, but Weeks pulled ahead as he always does vs. me :)
Total blast, though. A few changed variables and it could have gone either way.
cicrush13
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2010 10:06:52 AM

cicrush13 (winner) 111 vs curler88j 45
Map: Jedi Temple

Once again the youngling wins MVP in my book to help finish off the main beast in his squad....kinda scary seeing some of those huge HP figs coming at ya...good game!
R5Don4
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 11:46:13 AM

I'm going to report Demos as a no show for our rescheduled match, that is supposed to be going on right now. We were originally supposed to play on Saturday but he backed out at the last minute and he agreed to reschedule for today. I hate to do it but I have a very limited window of opportunity to get my games in and I'm not going to try chasing him down.

I made a room and waited for 30 min. Sorry but I don't have all night.
cicrush13
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 12:26:06 PM

Are we taking a bye at all for GenCon?
TheStarkiller
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 3:27:15 AM

IMPORTANT: SINCE I AM NOT GOING TO GENCON, I DIDN'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THE EFFECT IT WOULD HAVE ON THE LEAGUE. YOU HAVE UNTIL AUGUST 5th TO FINISH YOUR WEEK 2 GAMES. WEEK 3 WILL BEGIN ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 6th. I WILL GIVE YOU YOUR BOOSTER PULLS FOR WEEK 3 ON OR BEFORE FRIDAY, AUGUST 6th.
Weeks
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:07:09 AM

TheStarkiller wrote:
Weeks (winner) vs Starkiller (not so much a winner)
157 to 64 on Mustafar (map pack 2)

I love that map, and it was an intense game, but Weeks pulled ahead as he always does vs. me :)
Total blast, though. A few changed variables and it could have gone either way.

Confirmed good game sir, thats almost a squad you could run in regular 150 its quie beastly.
Demosthenes
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 11:11:03 PM

Go ahead and give Don the win for our match. We were originally going to leave for Florida late that night, but the time got bumped up and I had no time to get to a computer to let anyone know. Sorry about that, Don!
R5Don4
Posted: Friday, July 30, 2010 11:05:05 AM

Demosthenes wrote:
Go ahead and give Don the win for our match. We were originally going to leave for Florida late that night, but the time got bumped up and I had no time to get to a computer to let anyone know. Sorry about that, Don!

Thanks Demos, I wish we could have played and I knew there had to be a reason. My free time is just really limited lately, so it really blows to get stood up.
cicrush13
Posted: Monday, August 2, 2010 12:02:41 AM

Only a few days left til GenCon...whoever my opponent is I will be at GenCon and should be home Sunday afternoon. I will reply to you then.
Demosthenes
Posted: Monday, August 2, 2010 12:30:23 AM

Wait, is Week 2 still going on? If so, would you like to schedule another time to play, Don? lol. My vcation will be over tomorrow so I'll be available tomorrow night and Thursday night, if you're interested.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, August 3, 2010 12:24:05 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

FlyingArrow 61 - creme_brule 0

Take some good rolls by me, some bad rolls by creme_brule, and a crucial line of sight that he either overlooked or underestimated, and this is the result. I basically took out all of his support, leaving only tech and his main beat. We were only about halfway through time-wise, and his main beat was about ready to start doing damage, but he had to leave early and conceded.
creme_brule
Posted: Tuesday, August 3, 2010 12:48:15 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
FlyingArrow 61 - creme_brule 0

Take some good rolls by me, some bad rolls by creme_brule, and a crucial line of sight that he either overlooked or underestimated, and this is the result. I basically took out all of his support, leaving only tech and his main beat. We were only about halfway through time-wise, and his main beat was about ready to start doing damage, but he had to leave early and conceded.

agreed. i cant seem to find time to play FA in the first place and FA totally deserved the win.
TheStarkiller
Posted: Wednesday, August 4, 2010 6:55:02 AM

This is your last chance to finish up week 2 games folks!

If you are heading to Gencon, have fun, and all of us who aren't going are jealous!

As I mentioned on the Rules thread, anyone can join in and start playing the rest of the tournament. The information is on the Rules Thread.
Pericles
Posted: Thursday, August 5, 2010 11:03:07 AM

I sent empirejeff a couple of PMs, but it doesn't look like he's been online in a while. I believe Week 2 will be a wash for me. Sad
TheStarkiller
Posted: Thursday, August 5, 2010 11:51:16 AM

Pericles wrote:
I sent empirejeff a couple of PMs, but it doesn't look like he's been online in a while. I believe Week 2 will be a wash for me. Sad

Well, you definitely have a bunch of booster points to spend by tomorrow :)
TheStarkiller
Posted: Monday, August 9, 2010 9:36:18 AM

TheStarkiller (165) vs Wysten (42)
Map: Offworld Shipping Center

It was a mostly 1 sided game, lots of misses on both sides for a while, but I just had the fp to re-roll more of them. Here is hoping for more good pulls for Wysten this week, and I am thankful for my first win! (woo).
Wysten
Posted: Monday, August 9, 2010 9:42:43 AM

Aye, there was just nothing I could do except throw everything at him in a single conclusive battle and win. Ventress was a major letdown over the course of 3 turns (only reducing one figure to 10 hp, pretty bad for 57 points. I hate her more then any figure in the game, including 3-PCO Ewok Deity) and everything else was not interested in hitting targets. Perhaps they had a bit too much Jawa juice before they placed themselves on the board, though I guess with a squad of 6 I was kind of asking for it anyways. XD

Good game. ^^ Best of luck.